Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm back baby!!! You were always #1 candidate in my book, I didn't even pick someone else after you talked meanly about us in the press conference. I have to admit I did kind of like Michael Lewis for a minute or two but I'm hoping you will bring him home too

You hearing anything or just a feeling?

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I had a really good feeling, but that might be gas from the tacos I ate last night. 

Anyone getting the feeling that Brad is starting to think his job in Boston is starting to tread on thin ice??

Would also explain his awkward media sessions and pandering to the Masshole crowd. He becomes a little less of the golden boy once let go (for other NBA jobs).

Edited by Moye > Boozer

I think continuing to hold out any hope for BS will just make the disappointment around the eventual non-BS hire that much greater. I think he’s made his preference loud and clear.
Were well beyond that. Were disappointed already so no turning back now lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm back baby!!! You were always #1 candidate in my book, I didn't even pick someone else after you talked meanly about us in the press conference. I have to admit I did kind of like Michael Lewis for a minute or two but I'm hoping you will bring him home too

TBH I still kinda like Michael Lewis......

15 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Wrong thread, dude. I believe someone did create one for Enfield. 

267x367.jpg

Hey no matter how some people make fun of him, it won't matter 'cause he got a trophy wife. He's a winner in life. 

2 minutes ago, P92 said:

Wasn’t the last thing we were told before the Masshole presser was to get ready for a wave of heavy denials, but not to lose heart?

That's classic conspiracy theory stuff:

"Pssst...The more you hear it's not happening, the more you'll know it IS happening!"

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

"Pssst...The more you hear it's not happening, the more you'll know it IS happening!"

You’re probably right, but that warning was given when we were all expecting an announcement that he was hired. So far what the warning said was exactly what happened (within 2 hours after it was given.) The longer we go on with no leaks or word it makes me wonder, but like I said, you’re probably right

Edited by P92

17 minutes ago, P92 said:

Wasn’t the last thing we were told before the Masshole presser was to get ready for a wave of heavy denials, but not to lose heart?

But the heavy denial was way too heavy. We got crushed. He left us no doubt or any guesswork. IMHO, unless he gets fired in mid season, there's no way we have a chance to get him. Waiting until the end of NBA season is plain dumb unless he gave Dolson a firm commitment behind the scene. But then even with a remotely possible verbal commitment, he can change his mind and stay in the NBA if a new opportunity arises. More often than not, if a person says no, it simply means no. 

44 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The people want rumors, so the people get rumors!

But yes.