Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

My biggest concern is that as confident as Dolson seems, we end up with another Archie type hire. The reason I say this is because if the top coaches we want are happy with their current position, family settled etc, do we have to overpay another up and comer or gamble on a retired old dawg?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Treesh said:

Zach Osterman on his Podcast saying Indiana doesn’t make this move without knowing they have a big name ready. 

agree 100%.  Unless you feel very confident you either have your guy or you have a very strong small pool of guys you don't make this move because you then are at risk for doing the same thing in four more years.

12 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Screw Bilas.  You think that guy would be telling Duke fans to just sit back and settle for the same kind of results after Kryzewski walks away?  Me either.

Guys like him come out every year and push the line that Indiana should just settle.  "What you had was ok...you should just be happy with that."  Wait until the situation at his alma mater changes and we will see just how much settling he thinks a program should do.

Edited by IUCrazy2

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

IUScott has been screaming this for a while and has been mocked over at HSN. Interesting take. 

What is interesting about it? Imagine if Alabama football hires four posers in the post-Saban era and gets absolutely mediocre results the next 20+ years. Do you think the Alabama fanbase might be a little upset?

Having high expectations for a blue blood program is not "cannibalizing" the program.

7 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

So if Brad had already been contacted or will be in the future, how do we get him within the next month? Brad will still be coaching the Celtics and I always thought it was illegal to make a deal during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If it is illegal I'm not going to be the contract police and turn him in

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

My dad has said this for years..he thinks the national media hates Indiana because of how Bob Knight was. He probably hurt their feelings long ago. A majority probably don't want to see Indiana win again. 

I read either on this site (or HSN before the crash) that we should just embrace the "evil empire" moniker and dominate instead of trying to be the "goodie-two-shoes."

Let's go for it: "I find their lack of faith... disturbing."

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

In a month it's going to be I wasn't expecting Indiana to make me a 10 year 70 million dollar offer either. 

From the casual observer standpoint, the situation is far different than 2017. At the time of the 2017 quote the Celtics were 18-7 in the last 25 games, it was a team that had improved his 1st 3 seasons and on it's way to a 53-29 1st place finish in the East. Since then they have finished 2nd, 4th, 3rd, and currently sit 5th just 2 games over .500. The shine on BS in Boston has tarnished.

So his choice now is between a fanbase that largely is ready to see him gone and one that would gush over him like the prom queen asking a freshman to the dance.

9 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

So if Brad had already been contacted or will be in the future, how do we get him within the next month? Brad will still be coaching the Celtics and I always thought it was illegal to make a deal during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What would be illegal? NBA teams can't tamper with each other's players / coaches outside of free agency but a college team can make a coach an offer. I don't think Adam Silver has the authority to fine us.

Just now, iu eyedoc said:

From the casual observer standpoint, the situation is far different than 2017. At the time of the 2017 quote the Celtics were 18-7 in the last 25 games, it was a team that had improved his 1st 3 seasons and on it's way to a 53-29 1st place finish in the East. Since then they have finished 2nd, 4th, 3rd, and currently sit 5th just 2 games over .500. The shine on BS in Boston has tarnished.

So his choice now is between a fanbase that largely is ready to see him gone and one that would gush over him like the prom queen asking a freshman to the dance.

Kirkwood would be shut down if Brad Stevens agreed to come home. 

Spoils would be had. 

Another fish would be stolen. 

COVID would vanish worldwide. 

Chris would order catering from Buffalouis for our tailgates and not from BWW. 

1 minute ago, iu eyedoc said:

Additionally, I think Brad's salary in Boston is < 4 mill per year. If we offer a competitive offer it will be significantly over 4 mil per year. Given the current situation in Boston, there is no way the Celtics could justify giving Brad a huge increase in salary with the fans (they are talking about getting rid of him...)

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Kirkwood would be shut down if Brad Stevens agreed to come home. 

Spoils would be had. 

Another fish would be stolen. 

COVID would vanish worldwide. 

Chris would order catering from Buffalouis for our tailgates and not from BWW. 

Was there in 87.

Fish would be stolen and BWW would right their wrong and become BW3 once again.