Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, KathywithaC said:

That’s not how it went down. It was more like “We’d be happy to talk to you Mike” followed by unreturned phone calls. He never got the chance to be seriously considered, since the guy in charge didn’t seriously consider him at all. That’s what alienated him and the basketball alums.

But why would he be "seriously" considered?  Did our Indeed posting say "college coaching experience not required." 

That's my point.  Have a little self-awareness and know you're a freaking long shot at best.  Instead he acts like he's God's gift to college basketball coaching and cries that his feelings where hurt.  We are now paying an extemely high price as a program.  

3 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

That’s not how it went down. It was more like “We’d be happy to talk to you Mike” followed by unreturned phone calls. He never got the chance to be seriously considered, since the guy in charge didn’t seriously consider him at all. That’s what alienated him and the basketball alums.

I applied for a job once. I was told I'd be a great fit, they'd love to talk to me, was handed an application and even told by the person doing the hiring that they had once worked at the place I was leaving behind (though not at the same time). They ghosted me. 

But now I've learned something from this. I just need millionaires in my corner! 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Absolute worst case scenario next year would be another mediocre season where we sneak into the tournament and get blasted in the first round. “Three tournaments in four years! Extend him!” The bar is so low that there’s no way he’d get fired in that situation. 

That is a major concern. Especially with the Big Ten being below average next year. However, I expect several major transfers out from Indiana while Woodson fails to attract great players yet again this off-season. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Absolute worst case scenario next year would be another mediocre season where we sneak into the tournament and get blasted in the first round. “Three tournaments in four years! Extend him!” The bar is so low that there’s no way he’d get fired in that situation. 

We'll be lucky to make the BTT.  

4 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

He should have never been considered. His only credential to coach at the college level was being a former player, and it’s obvious now.

1 minute ago, hoopsta007 said:

Because there was no reason he should have been seriously considered…….Except that IU is completely unserious now.  The fact that he feels that way shows his delusions 

Beat me to it.

3 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Man Woodson really choose to ruin his legacy. Ego, pride and stubbornness really can destroy a guy.  

Destroy a guy all the way to the bank

You're interviewing for a top job in College Basketball with zero college experience.  Have a little bit of humility, understand you're probably a long shot, and you need to sell your vision of the program and college ball in general.  Thank them for the opportunity to interview and share your thoughts and hope for the best.  Instead we get the "you want to talk to Mike Woodson, you come see Mike Woodson" arrogance -- and his feelings get hurt. 
He better be a freaking magician.  Otherwise, next year is going to ruin his legacy.   
That comment turned me off from the start. I thought he better come in and do damage or he looks like a prick!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Just now, Artie86 said:

I don’t understand how the last few days we have been hearing good info, today’s encouraging info from JerryYeagley23. Seriously, what just happened?

Dolson got some heat from QB from the amount of smoke recently along with emails to the BoT. QB told Dolson to put an end to it. Dolson leaks to Zach that Woodson will get another year. 

1 minute ago, Artie86 said:

I don’t understand how the last few days we have been hearing good info, today’s encouraging info from JerryYeagley23. Seriously, what just happened?

I also don’t understand how the tide turned in the media so drastically, only to have this dropped today. 

33 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Agreed it just all needs to he blown up at this point. Tjd coming back actually prolonged this as he made Woodson not look like a complete fool for two years

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

No doubt. Woody has already hit his ceiling and that is 1 win in the tourney. He will not have a team better than he had last year the rest of his tenure.

5 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Kathy, respectfully, could you help us understand how Woodson being slighted by Glass during the Archie search translates into the decision made today? 

Woody being slighted by Glass meant the former players (QB, IT, RW, etc.) were going to make sure he got it the next time around. 

Now, archie got four years, so according to those same guys, woody gets four years.

1 minute ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Can Dusty just stay put at FAU for ONE MORE YEAR so we can give this Woodson guy his almighty 4th damn year and then put him behind us? Asking too much?

Can one hope that dolson has a back door deal to hold the door open one more year

9 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

Who decided Archie was getting the job?  Was it Buckner or Glass?