Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Pictures of Dolson with a dead hooker or an alive man in his bed.

Either would definitely make him less hated than bringing Mike freaking Woodson back for a fourth season will. Whether it was his fault or not, he’s the AD and will be the one to fall on the sword. 

Quinn was given him 4 years ever since Woody got his feelings hurt he didn’t get the job when Archie did.
Heck quinn would probably keep him for life if he could

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Welp same game plan tonight, start strong, scoring drought, lose lead, MR 2fouls, sorry forgot to splash a few turnovers through the list (insert where applicable). 

And we see why this season has been a train wreck . We have leaders more concerned by hurt feelings than reality.
Iu hasn't cared about bbal since they fired Sampson. Honestly I almost expect Woodson to get a 5th year after today. They arent suddenly going to care about bbal a year from now.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Competent coaches don't need a chief of staff.  How f---ing stupid is it to have to hire a bunch of people to babysit your $4 million a year coach?

Indiana University lights all the money sent its way on fire.  Bunch of dumbasses making dumbass decisions that they are never held accountable for.  

Truer words were never spoken.

1. I have no reason to doubt tonight’s reporting. I do wonder if anything changes if IU loses out and loses a majority of its roster.

2. It seems correct that “Archie got 4 years so Woody should too” mattered to some decision-makers. I am no Archie fan but can we talk about how silly that is? After 2 years, Archie lost Juwan Morgan and Romeo and I figured year 3 would be a disaster on the way out the door. Then the team wasn’t great but was absolutely, 100% a tourney team, and Covid happened.

I don’t know if anyone thought he was the savior at that point but it was not a time to make an unnecessary coaching change, and there was every reason to believe the roster he brought back would be quite good. In fact, if I recall correctly, they were like ~11th in Kenpom after beating Providence in “Maui” in Asheville at the start of year 4.

Them, of course, water found its level and the season went off the rails and he was justifiably fired. But as much as I never liked the hire, bad as it looked on his first night, and when he squandered Romeo, he was in no spot to get fired after year 3 even without the weird external situation. 

As a 9-10 yr old my best friend was a Purdue fan.  My family were diehard Hoosiers.  Being that I was a Reds fan and they were all diehard Dodger fans from their time in So Cal before I was born, I decided I might as well go against the family in college basketball too.  I became a Purdue fan, so I didn’t enjoy the 87 title. I cried when the Troy Lewis, Everette Stephens, Melvin Mccants team lost to Kansas State in the sweet 16.  We moved back to So Cal that summer.  It became cool to be from Indiana around my new basketball team and friends.  And of course the Hoosiers were so good during those early to mid 90s so at some point I switched allegiances.  Damon Bailey was my idol.  I wore 22 because of him. I paid for the flight from So Cal the summer before my sr year to attend Knight’s camp, which I also paid for out of my own pocket as a 17 yr old.  Throughout my adulthood I became an even bigger diehard Hoosier fan like most of you.  My life was scheduled around games . I ran outside screaming after the Moye block on Boozer and the win over Duke.  I stuck with them through the early Crean years.  I enjoyed the Zeller teams immensely.  I approved of the Archie hire, I thought he was the answer.  Over the past decade I can’t help but wonder why I switched all those years ago.  This year I’ve missed probably 6-8 games, I’ve become apathetic.    Perhaps I should go back to being a Purdue fan so the 2nd half of my adulthood can experience the joy of a program that gets it.  This feels like the dagger to me with this news.  Sorry for the ramble….

6 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

3) Yes, the admins all have aides/hands that can get stuff out to support their efforts, but keep in mind some of the reporters and writer’s are just trying to be first to scoop the story and know they can always walk it back as “things changed” when they’re wrong. Currently this is happening, as they’re ahead of any real story or discussions. 

I went back and read this post again, and this jumped out at me. I'm curious to hear Jerry's thoughts on this evening's events. 

57 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

What really pisses me off is the terrible reason for keeping him. "We have the previous s#!tty coach too long so we have to be fair and give this s#!tty coach too long, as well."

How can you be mad?  It’s literally IU’s m.o. I guessed this months ago. I don’t know if Kathy is legit or not but what she says matches what you see from the outside if you view it with a critical eye.  

IU, including Dolson, simply aren’t as smart or equipped as other top programs. It’s very simple: when it comes to athletics IU is one of the worst programs around.  Said results will follow.