Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Can Dusty just stay put at FAU for ONE MORE YEAR so we can give this Woodson guy his almighty 4th damn year and then put him behind us? Asking too much?

I hope after Woodson strikes out in portal recruiting that we just fire him in a couple months and hire May then. 

Just now, IUc2016 said:

Woody being slighted by Glass meant the former players (QB, IT, RW, etc.) were going to make sure he got it the next time around. 

Now, archie got four years, so according to those same guys, woody gets four years.

If it's as simple as that... slap my @$$ and call me Sally.

I definitely wouldn’t want to have a ticket to Sunday’s IU/Michigan St game. I think the fans will be very, very ugly….. those few who decide to come. JMO

Goodman mentions Indiana should bring in a chief of staff. They already have one, that’s Armond Hill. Don’t be bothered by his official title, he’s only there to give Woodson his input, nothing else. 

Is he going to bring in Randy Whittman? 

Replacing Kenya or Ya is pointless. Any new coach coming in should expect to only be there a year and to recruit 24/7 while Woodson sits around and watches Atlanta Hawk game film from 2008. 
Chief of staff, GM, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator,

Orrrrrrr....

Maybe a coach that knows every he's doing?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, IUHAHN81 said:

Can Dusty just stay put at FAU for ONE MORE YEAR so we can give this Woodson guy his almighty 4th damn year and then put him behind us? Asking too much?

May is going to OSU. Good news is IU can watch him a couple times a year.

7 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Man Woodson really choose to ruin his legacy. Ego, pride and stubbornness really can destroy a guy.  

Oh yeah dude’s IU legacy is totally cooked. Half the fanbase wasn’t even alive when he played at IU. This is what he will be remembered for. 

Bruce Weber, on the Big Ten race: “The league should be wide open and we can be right in the middle of it. I do know one thing, though. I think Indiana will suck. Don’t put that on the Internet.” (June 20, 2008).

déjà vu all over again

5 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Kathy, respectfully, could you help us understand how Woodson being slighted by Glass during the Archie search translates into the decision made today? 

@KathywithaC

I asked the same question a few pages back, she answered, graciously I might add given my snark. Might have to dig a little but you will see it. 

1 hour ago, KathywithaC said:

I wouldn’t agree that he’s completely unqualified, but it’s not hard to see that his NBA view of basketball doesn’t work in college, and that’s style of play, roster management, in game decisions and prep work. It’s just a bad fit. And he and a bunch of others were disappointed by the way he was treated by someone who was completely tone deaf and in love with another coach. The blow back was bad and it probably helped Woody be at the front of the line after Miller was booted. I knew Dolson and Buckner weren’t banging heads and trying to out-scheme each other. That was beyond crazy and really uninformed.. But I’ve heard Dolson has been taken aback by the negative views of Woody, and he’s also shocked by the number of fans dressed as empty seats for much of the season, especially since the tickets were already sold.

If he thinks another year of Woodson will make that better instead of worse, he's delusional.

Also, "number of fans dressed as empty seats" is hilarious. 

20 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Funny how his ‘don’t be unkind’ mantra changed.

Learned from y’all. 

This thread has been the epitome of mob mentality.

One or two people act like they know things and the sheep follow 

2 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

He should have never been considered. His only credential to coach at the college level was being a former player, and it’s obvious now.

While I agree, we should’ve simply communicated that to him in a clear, unambiguous way. We didn’t. It was the second time that avoidance tactic was used during a short period of time, and it wasn’t a good look at all. Embarrassing, unnecessary, shoddy.

40 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I don't understand this thinking. I

Do I think we will win big next year, probably not but I hope we have a great season next year. As long as we win I couldn't care who the coach that does it.

We are mortgaging the future on a guy who should have never been the coach over politics. We will miss out on Dusty, Pearl, or whoever other candidates people wanted this year. Buy continuing to support the program, it doesn't hold the people accountable who are making these terrible decisions and will only encourage keeping Woodson around. Seriously, the guy said he would coach into his 70s. What recruit would want to come here and play for a coach that is clueless and has an unstable future. Unbelievable the decision that was made.

Man, this is probably the lowest of lows I have felt about IU basketball, something I have loved and followed since the 70’s.  I just don’t know anymore.  I don’t think IU will ever return to what it once was.  

2 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

While I agree, we should’ve simply communicated that to him in a clear, unambiguous way. We didn’t. It was the second time that avoidance tactic was used during a short period of time, and it wasn’t a good look at all. Embarrassing, unnecessary, shoddy.

Embarrassing is going to be next season if Woodson doesn’t rebuild the roster in roughly the next 30 days. I hope people are prepared for the fan base. Because this is nothing compared to what it could be like next year.

31 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Guess I don’t get the Dolson hate right now.  He was the one pushing for the ouster and I’m sure the one letting it be known via leaks.  Anger should be at the board and specifically Buckner.

Considering how far off the info we were hearing actually was makes me question how hard Dolson was actually pushing to get rid of Woodson.