Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

I wouldn’t agree that he’s completely unqualified, but it’s not hard to see that his NBA view of basketball doesn’t work in college, and that’s style of play, roster management, in game decisions and prep work. It’s just a bad fit. And he and a bunch of others were disappointed by the way he was treated by someone who was completely tone deaf and in love with another coach. The blow back was bad and it probably helped Woody be at the front of the line after Miller was booted. I knew Dolson and Buckner weren’t banging heads and trying to out-scheme each other. That was beyond crazy and really uninformed.. But I’ve heard Dolson has been taken aback by the negative views of Woody, and he’s also shocked by the number of fans dressed as empty seats for much of the season, especially since the tickets were already sold.

You're interviewing for a top job in College Basketball with zero college experience.  Have a little bit of humility, understand you're probably a long shot, and you need to sell your vision of the program and college ball in general.  Thank them for the opportunity to interview and share your thoughts and hope for the best.  Instead we get the "you want to talk to Mike Woodson, you come see Mike Woodson" arrogance -- and his feelings get hurt. 

He better be a freaking magician.  Otherwise, next year is going to ruin his legacy.   

There is no joy on BTB. Mighty Trilly… or Chris… or most everyone else… has struck out 
Now you lol. Give it a rest. This isn't something to be proud of being right about! This is sad

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, IndyHoops said:

How many IU boards have you been run off of now? 4? 5?

None, I have only been on 3 IU boards BTB, HSN and Peeg's. I left Peeg's on my own because it was a cesspool 

My guess is Kenya
All of them need to go. Bring in an offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, and a current successful recruiter/ scout. Right now they have three unsuccessful recruiters with horrible eyes for talent

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Just now, Trish said:

Dolson made the news official with three guaranteed basketball games left. That tells the fan base he’s okay finishing 16-16 with all the resources that the program has. 

BUT BUT BUT Archie got 4 years.....Woody should toooooo

F'ing idiots

Just now, maharkn said:

All of them need to go. Bring in an offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, and a current successful recruiter/ scout. Right now they have three unsuccessful recruiters with horrible eyes for talent

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

lol what is woody doing at that point 

What really pisses me off is the terrible reason for keeping him. "We gave the previous s#!tty coach too long so we have to be fair and give this s#!tty coach too long, as well."

This is a big part of why I didn't want an IU former player hired in the first place - they'd have a hard time justifying firing him despite how bad they were doing so they'd keep him too long. The other part was that none of the IU former players are good coaches. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

You're interviewing for a top job in College Basketball with zero college experience.  Have a little bit of humility, understand you're probably a long shot, and you need to sell your vision of the program and college ball in general.  Thank them for the opportunity to interview and share your thoughts and hope for the best.  Instead we get the "you want to talk to Mike Woodson, you come see Mike Woodson" arrogance -- and his feelings get hurt. 

He better be a freaking magician.  Otherwise, next year is going to ruin his legacy.   

Do you see where you went wrong? It's Indiana.