Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

14 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I can’t see him getting close so I wouldn’t worry about it.

I don’t have it in me to root against IU when they play, but I am just numb at this point.

Knowing this I hope we run the rest of the games. I hated the feeling the last couple of weeks hoping we play bad so there would be a coaching change. I am not wired that way and never want to root against my teams. I am going to try to enjoy the rest of our season and then turn my attention to the tournament. I still say bad College basketball is still better than no basketball 

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Or which assistant is getting fired for Woody not knowing what he’s doing.

Ya is 100% gone. The real question is who is the GM they will hire that will sit the bench and get paid to do nothing since his voice won’t be heard.

24 minutes ago, GoHoosiers24 said:

Been following this board for a long time. Lots of awesome characters and opinions here. It’s a pleasure to read, feel like I know some of you guys personally haha. Never posted because I didn’t really have much to add, but with this recent news, I hope Minny, MSU, and whoever we play in the 1st round of the conference tourney beat the absolute **** out of us. Just a spineless, gutless move by Dolson (and F you too Quinn). You think missing the NCAA tourney is bad, just wait until next year when we miss the conference tourney. I’ll be praying it happens. I’ll go back to just reading now lol 

Glad to have you aboard.  Stick around and don't be reluctant to become a frequent poster.

53 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

Woody was very interested in the job before Miller was hired, and he had the backing of many basketball alums. Glass made him wait in the figurative lobby and generally treated him dismissively, and that pissed off the basketball guys and others royally. There’s more to that and the blow back was nasty, but that started a bunch of this. Woody is a good guy and whatever he’s shown as a coach, no one felt good about that and some hard feelings remained.

Frankly that is all we need to know about Woodson.  I guy completely unqualified gets his feelings hurt.  His arrogance the last few years has killed this program.  

6 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Indeed... been supporting GCU all season... been to a couple of games... not looking back...

I’ve adopted Bellarmine, Murray State, Indiana State, Western Kentucky and some other mid-majors that are somewhat local to me.

3 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Ya is 100% gone. The real question is who is the GM they will hire that will sit the bench and get paid to do nothing since his voice won’t be heard.

Whoever it is, they'll be under-qualified, unsuccessful wherever they've been, and overpaid just like our head coach. Probably one of his friends - Isiah, Whitman - take your f'ing pick. 

27 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Ya next year…. I feel for all the players…. At this point who is to say he doesn’t get a 5th… What a circus

Why these players? They'll be gone and there will be all new mercenaries suiting up for your Indiana Buckners next year.

I think what’s most infuriating is assuming there isn’t a handshake deal with Dusty (spoiler alert: there isn’t) we may have just passed up on Bruce F****** Pearl and will watch Dusty go somewhere else. All to watch a team full of new players lose basketball games. I wonder what the NIL looks like. Maybe QB and MW really think it’s like free agency.