Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

I actually think our info was pretty spot on. Dolson put out feelers but Buckner was going to make sure he got 4 years like Archie. Plus we’re in debt to the Simons 
At least Louisville knows when to move on. But not good old iu. Gotta get our boy a 4th year

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Keep dreaming!

Lmao being sarcastic if it wasn't clear.

Just pointing out how absurd our admin apparently is. Other schools don't have to deal with this kind of ****

Hope next year gets ugly. Final nail in the coffin for IUBB. Admin doesn’t care about putting out a good product or the fan base. Can’t move on from the 80s
Agreed it just all needs to he blown up at this point. Tjd coming back actually prolonged this as he made Woodson not look like a complete fool for two years

26 minutes ago, HoosierBoiler said:

I grew up in Bloomington and have rooted for IU all my life even though I graduated from Purdue. I think I’m about done. I watched Smith hit that 3 last night at Illinois and thought my god he would be beloved at IU. IU has lost its way. I’m so disappointed 

Same here about growing up in Btown and going to Purdue. I can't bring myself to root for Purdue but I can sure stop watching IU. I live in AZ now so maybe I'll just become a UofA fan.

12 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Knowing this I hope we run the rest of the games. I hated the feeling the last couple of weeks hoping we play bad so there would be a coaching change. I am not wired that way and never want to root against my teams. I am going to try to enjoy the rest of our season and then turn my attention to the tournament. I still say bad College basketball is still better than no basketball 

life is too short to watch bad basketball... period.

Alright, I’ve had some time to process the devastating news. This will set us back, no question about it. Did we not learn from Archie’s case of keeping him four years? 

Woodson isn’t changing, new assistants won’t magically make the team better. Recruiting won’t pick up, great guards won’t sign here for NIL. 

Woodson already ran off Fife and Matta. New staff members won’t change Woodson’s stubborn attitude towards the game of basketball. 

Indiana will be bad next year. It’s going to be a complete waste of time and resources as Dolson will be searching for a new coach next Spring. Why wait around? 

I grew up an Indiana fan, went to IU but I will not support the basketball program with Woodson as the head coach. 

I think what’s most infuriating is assuming there isn’t a handshake deal with Dusty (spoiler alert: there isn’t) we may have just passed up on Bruce F****** Pearl and will watch Dusty go somewhere else. All to watch a team full of new players lose basketball games. I wonder what the NIL looks like. Maybe QB and MW really think it’s like free agency. 
May will go somewhere else this spring.

Maybe they'll pay May $2M to come as coach in waiting for next season and then Woodson is out after 1 more season.

Nah, who am I kidding? IU wouldn't even do something like that. They'll let Woodson run this into the ground.