Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Goodman mentions Indiana should bring in a chief of staff. They already have one, that’s Armond Hill. Don’t be bothered by his official title, he’s only there to give Woodson his input, nothing else. 

Is he going to bring in Randy Whittman? 

Replacing Kenya or Ya is pointless. Any new coach coming in should expect to only be there a year and to recruit 24/7 while Woodson sits around and watches Atlanta Hawk game film from 2008. 

4 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Scotty, you're misinterpreting what they're saying which is why you think they're "wrong." I've never seen Chris or Jerry post about something and not be very clear about what's possible or COULD happen (educated guess) vs what they know for a fact WOULD happen.

They do not come to these boards saying they know for a fact what the outcome of something like all this smoke will be. They just offer a set of possibilities based on what they're hearing. Sharing a perspective that's based on something other than what you can get from watching on TV.

If you choose not to believe it you're certainly entitled not to. But nobody like a ball buster and I'd hope at your age you'd understand that by now

I am just saying I doubt these guys know what is really going on or being said. If they are on the inside and brings the info to a message board then they should lose their job.

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

You're interviewing for a top job in College Basketball with zero college experience.  Have a little bit of humility, understand you're probably a long shot, and you need to sell your vision of the program and college ball in general.  Thank them for the opportunity to interview and share your thoughts and hope for the best.  Instead we get the "you want to talk to Mike Woodson, you come see Mike Woodson" arrogance -- and his feelings get hurt. 

He better be a freaking magician.  Otherwise, next year is going to ruin his legacy.   

That’s not how it went down. It was more like “We’d be happy to talk to you Mike” followed by unreturned phone calls. He never got the chance to be seriously considered, since the guy in charge didn’t seriously consider him at all. That’s what alienated him and the basketball alums.

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

None yet! If it were up to me I would kick you and Steuben off here so far you would never be able to find your way back!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Why because I am not a sheep like you guys and believe everything these guys say.

44 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I truly hope that all the posters that are active in this thread will continue to post after we have a new coach! I love seeing all the old names and newcomers uniting as a fan base. I am by nature a sunshine pumper, but I’m also a realist. I hope the next hire is all for years to come.

How many different ways are there to post "God, we suck!"?

Nope.  I think a lot us us have reached our breaking point and have nothing but apathy left for this once great program.

Just now, KathywithaC said:

That’s not how it went down. It was more like “We’d be happy to talk to you Mike” followed by unreturned phone calls. He never got the chance to be seriously considered, since the guy in charge didn’t seriously consider him at all. That’s what alienated him and the basketball alums.

They are now going to be alienated by much more than Fred Glass. What an absolute joke. 

Absolute worst case scenario next year would be another mediocre season where we sneak into the tournament and get blasted in the first round. “Three tournaments in four years! Extend him!” The bar is so low that there’s no way he’d get fired in that situation. 

1 minute ago, KathywithaC said:

Because there was no reason he should have been seriously considered…….Except that IU is completely unserious now.  The fact that he feels that way shows his delusions 

1 minute ago, Hoosier1984 said:

He didn’t listen to Thad. No way he is going to listen to a chief of staff. Rinse & repeat.

Armond Hill is the chief of staff essentially. Woodson isn’t listening to anyone that Dolson tries to bring in, that’s been clear. Woodson wants yes men and that’s what he has around him. 

3 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

He wasn’t seriously considered because he wasn’t a serious candidate. It was incredibly arrogant of him to think he should’ve been one. And then Woody got his feelings hurt and now we’re stuck with him.