Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

35 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Guess I don’t get the Dolson hate right now.  He was the one pushing for the ouster and I’m sure the one letting it be known via leaks.  Anger should be at the board and specifically Buckner.

“Pushing for the ouster” isn’t accurate, in my opinion based on what I know. That’s not a shot at anyone else here, but I think it greatly overstates his views and actions based on what I have been told. He’s not a “keep him and don’t even think about letting him go” guy, but he wasn’t leaving packing boxes outside of Woody’s office either, and wasn’t about to do battle with Buckner by planting stories in the media and pushing QB into an inescapable corner.

This is probably going to be unpopular, and I know the issues are much deeper than a couple of meaningless games, but I still contend that if we had lost out and not won a couple of games a change would have been made.  That’s how clueless our administration appears to be at this time.

I don’t understand how the last few days we have been hearing good info, today’s encouraging info from JerryYeagley23. Seriously, what just happened?

Indiana University Administration. Shame on us for expecting anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the chances Woodson calls in sick for a game next season to avoid the boos?

He still thinks he an elite head coach. Hes doing really well in his mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, IU - Kaulie said:

This is probably going to be unpopular, and I know the issues are much deeper than a couple of meaningless games, but I still contend that if we had lost out and not won a couple of games a change would have been made.  That’s how clueless our administration appears to be at this time.

Eh... seems like Woody was getting his 4, no if's and's or but's about it. 

“Pushing for the ouster” isn’t accurate, in my opinion based on what I know. That’s not a shot at anyone else here, but I think it greatly overstates his views and actions based on what I have been told. He’s not a “keep him and don’t even think about letting him go” guy, but he wasn’t leaving packing boxes outside of Woody’s office either, and wasn’t about to do battle with Buckner by planting stories in the media and pushing QB into an inescapable corner.
Basically a yes man. Woodson will be here as long as quinn wants him to be could be 6 or 7 years easy. It's very clear quinn runs the show.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

Yet I was the bad fan for rooting for the tank lol. 

35 minutes ago, Trish said:

Goodman mentions Indiana should bring in a chief of staff. They already have one, that’s Armond Hill. Don’t be bothered by his official title, he’s only there to give Woodson his input, nothing else. 

Is he going to bring in Randy Whittman? 

Replacing Kenya or Ya is pointless. Any new coach coming in should expect to only be there a year and to recruit 24/7 while Woodson sits around and watches Atlanta Hawk game film from 2008. 

Doesn’t mean a damned thing if the coach doesn’t listen

1 minute ago, steubenhoosier said:

I would hope you would support who we are. Not who we are not.

-Norman Dale

I think you are confusing “support” with “caring”. The biggest problem will not be fans rooting against IU, it will be fans caring enough to root at all.

7 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

Quinn was given him 4 years ever since Woody got his feelings hurt he didn’t get the job when Archie did.