Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Because McNeeley was coming here for NBA level training and a shot at winning big. Why would he place his career in the hands of an unproven entity (from his vantage point) like May when he could instead just go to Kansas to play for Bill Self?

If that is the case he is going to leave if Woody stays. Unless he wants 1980's NBA level training and winning big against cupcakes.

5 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Wow what a read! Love it that you guys are crazy lol. I feel we may be getting trolled by some members of another fanbase or some of our own are having a lite fun with us. Either way it's interesting.
I know this may not be a popular opinion but dusty is the obvious choice. The fan base was excited about him last year in the tournament. Not everyone wants him but alot do. He is a gamble but my gut says the iu administration knows 2 things. Woodson isn't a long term solution and looks like a disaster in the short term if you retain him. If you don't gamble on dusty and he goes elsewhere and succeeds the fallout would be devastating. The gamble is easy imo. I would be stoked for pearl but immediately fearing his age. Then factor in the optics of throwing all your chips on pearl and he fails here as well. All hope would then be lost. I wanted Archie and he beyond failed! No way that could ever happen again to us!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I have more confidence in Pearl winning here than May, a lot more. He's proven he can win at the P5 level.

Go with May and he fails, we're in this same spot in another 3-4 years.

Seen a lot of rumors and chatter over the years on these message boards. My concern about the Pearl and May talk is that it’s simply nothing more than wishful thinking by us. Peegs is where most of the info seemed to come from with BD and BS to be our future coaches. Trilly and Slater getting info from him as well lately. We were to get Boogie Fland over Kentucky as an example. Lots of times it seems this stuff is made up just to make money on the pay sites, not factual information . Kathy with a C lol, comes on here and tells it how the process is  behind the scenes and then we shift our hopes back to May from Pearl.
oh, and “Smoke screens” is my favorite topic lol. Not sure any of that ever comes true. Sorry for the rant! I’m still reading with hope that I’m wrong.
I hope the administration gets it right this time, but I’m not going to hold my breath. 

A cartoon standoff is something I wasn't expecting when reading this thread. 
Expect literally anything. This thread is a cliche HS yearbook quote "what a long and crazy road we've been on together"

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

Seen a lot of rumors and chatter over the years on these message boards. My concern about the Pearl and May talk is that it’s simply nothing more than wishful thinking by us. Peegs is where most of the info seemed to come from with BD and BS to be our future coaches. Trilly and Slater getting info from him as well lately. We were to get Boogie Fland over Kentucky as an example. Lots of times it seems this stuff is made up just to make money on the pay sites, not factual information . Kathy with a C lol, comes on here and tells it how the process is  behind the scenes and then we shift our hopes back to May from Pearl.
oh, and “Smoke screens” is my favorite topic lol. Not sure any of that ever comes true. Sorry for the rant! I’m still reading with hope that I’m wrong.
I hope the administration gets it right this time, but I’m not going to hold my breath. 

I bet you're fun at parties. :-)

5 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I'm aware I'm in the big minority here, but I want it to be Beard

If @Home Jersey 's summary (above) is correct and Buckner is blocking Pearl, there's no way facial hair's name even comes up... and personally, I'd be 100% against him...

1 minute ago, iubhounds2 said:

While we focus on names like Oats, Pearl, May .... as IU turns the 4th turn onto the homestretch next week is "a Secretariet" of coaches .... comes from behind with major speed and little mention .... the coach that Dolson has been hiding out of the press leaks (joke for those with no sense of humor) ....

the winner is .... 

Josh Schertz

scher iT iZ....

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

If @Home Jersey 's summary (above) is correct and Buckner is blocking Pearl, there's no way facial hair's name even comes up... and personally, I'd be 100% against him...

I agree with what you said. Just my personal want/opinion, that's all

11 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

Well Kansas and Bell Self wasn't mentioned. I was only replying to the comment I copied, not where McNeeley decides to go. BUT I would put money on Kansas and Bill Self today that is where McNeeley ends up, with next years IU coach that is NOT Bruce Pearl OR a Woodson team next where where everybody is gone.

Sorry, didn't intend that as a rebuttal to you, just kind of adding to the conversation.

21 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Also…I’ve been busy today. This thread literally grows faster than I can read it. Anyone care to give a end of the day 20ish page recap? I did get through C(K)athys initial post and the fallout. Thanks!

We're doomed. 

Nevermind. Happy Days are Here again! 

Nevermind. We may or may not be doomed.

Nevermind. We're walking on sunshine.

Nevermind. We're doomed.

Nevermind. Check back tomorrow.

Nevermind. Check back next week. 

32 minutes ago, lillurk said:

He won’t play for the guy LeBron allegedly wants his son to play for at OSU? I differ.

His son is a 150ish ranked recruit.  I think the strings run both ways in terms of Bryce getting a scholarship to Ohio State.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I'm out for the day and remember I don't work nights. I might check in later though and pass on what I hear if anything

Enjoy a beer or two during the game. Cheers, Chris!