Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

18 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Seems to me that May will be the compromise candidate.

100% speculation but if Dolson and Buckner don't see eye to eye, Buckner won't get in the way of Dolson removing Woody. But he will use his influence to block Dolson's supposed top target. The Tuesday conversation with big boys and girls at the table sit down to hash out: is he staying, is he going?

If he's staying, we get a short statement of confidence after the season ends. If he's not, he "retires" when the season ends and May is the guy who everyone could get on board with. 

Just ramblings from a guy on a message board! Know absolutely nothing lol

If the vote is 5-4 to retain, that's really just a vote to fire him after 2024.  Can't realistically recruit with an 'endorsement' like that.

19 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I'm aware I'm in the big minority here, but I want it to be Beard

Death, taxes, and Chris Beard never being the head coach at Indiana are all certainties.  IU vetted him prior to hiring Woodson and already determined his background was a non-starter (and this was before the incident that Texas fired him over).

Death, taxes, and Chris Beard never being the head coach at Indiana are all certainties.  IU vetted him prior to hiring Woodson and already determined his background was a non-starter (and this was before the incident that Texas fired him over).
I dont believe they vetted anyone. They could get Steven's and went right to woodson. Ther never was a search.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DoctorP said:

BP has always kind of felt like BS…and BD

By the letters - A --AM was not the answer, SA isn't either, B -- BP unlikey, while BS and BD never were, C -- TC gave us hope, but not sustainable, CC not really an option, and the one who's name is not allowed to be printed is a hell no, which brings us to D -- DM (not to be confused with MD)...

54 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I do wonder if it's possible that May/Pearl are simply smokescreens and Dolson has someone else in mind.  Probably not but you never know.  It just seemed like every hire since Davis was fired all came out of left field.  We all thought we were getting Lon Kruger at one point lol.  Dolson just seems to run a tight ship so not sure he'd allow anything to leak.  Chris himself said he didn't know about the Allen firing until the day or or the day before.  I'm not talking the pipe dream 1/1000000 candidates (Billy, BS, Jay) just maybe someone else we aren't talking about.

I've wondered the same thing. I'm hoping that if that's the case, it is Nate Oats. 

2 hours ago, SamIam said:

Collins should be higher than May."

- Come on. He was on the hot seat until last year. His teams were trending down until he hired Lowery as an Asst. The people who throw out Collins clearly are capable of crediting people who have success at bad programs, but don't want to give May credit. 

I’m not advocating for Collins but some of you are selling him short. NW is a difficult job.  

—In their 120 yr history they’ve been to the tourney 2 times. Both under Collins.  

—Carmody was a heckuva coach, never made the tourney, did have them ranked once…

—to that end, NW’s been ranked 9x in 100+ years. Collins has 5 of those teams  

He’s a pretty good coach at an impossible job

2 hours ago, AH1971 said:

It isn't just Archie. There are dozens among dozens of coaches who have built programs at the lower levels because they have coached in no pressure situations and given the necessary time that have completely flopped at a higher level. 

And dozens more who have succeeded after first showing their talent at lower levels. Including Bruce Pearl 

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm out for the day and remember I don't work nights. I might check in later though and pass on what I hear if anything

Good work, y'all... by my calculations we got about 43 pages today... 24 hours ago we were on page 480...

My completely uninformed opinion of whatever meeting they have next week and its theme is going to be the administration encouraging Woody to bow out gracefully and to make him understand how incredibly toxic the job will be for him if they are not immediately improved and winning games. Reading all the tea leaves my guess is they try to talk him out of it, but aren’t willing to fire before a 4th year. Hope I’m wrong but who knows.

9 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Make the bacon extra crispy.  And BTW, mayonaisse on BLTs IS the bomb.

Guys, it's okay if you dislike a sandwich but there is no reason to compare it to a nuclear device.  Be better.  Name calling is childish.  If you don't like a sandwich, maybe you should get elected and make your own sandwich.

mayo on a BLT is a must. But the 17-year-old got to request dinner tonight. He picked steaks, baked potatoes, and green beans. 
Man or woman of good taste. Red blooded American cuisine right there

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Just now, OKHOOSIER said:

My completely uninformed opinion of whatever meeting they have next week and its theme is going to be the administration encouraging Woody to bow out gracefully and to make him understand how incredibly toxic the job will be for him if they are not immediately improved and winning games. Reading all the tea leaves my guess is they try to talk him out of it, but aren’t willing to fire before a 4th year. Hope I’m wrong but who knows.

That would be great, however it could just be a talk to give a vote of confidence going forward :(