Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

So when should we expect to officially know if Woodson will be the coach for another year or not? Monday? Tuesday?

If they do keep him, I don't think an unnamed source "leaking" that he'll be back is sufficient. The AD will need to at very least release a statement of support and confidence in Woodson. Too much noise around firing him to try to ignore it. 

He’s back unless his wife and kids can convince him to step down this weekend. 

52 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Guys, i love this board and all yall that come along with it. But Woody is back. Face the music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What genre of music would that fall under?

3 minutes ago, hper50 said:

We had three 5-star recruits and most “stars” than any other Big Ten team. I am so f***ing sick of this guy. 

IMG_8467.jpeg

The bottom line is if he doesn’t have a team full of TJDs and JHSs to save his @$$ then he doesn’t know how to win. A good program building college basketball coach doesn’t need those types of players to be successful, and he sure as heck isn’t one of those. 

6 hours ago, go iu bb said:

So when should we expect to officially know if Woodson will be the coach for another year or not? Monday? Tuesday?

If they do keep him, I don't think an unnamed source "leaking" that he'll be back is sufficient. The AD will need to at very least release a statement of support and confidence in Woodson. Too much noise around firing him to try to ignore it. 

When Leal gets the for sale signs up in his yard 

12 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

This.

Woodson is NOT a teacher of the game.  He is NOT a motivator. He is not a good assembler of rosters.  And he definitely is NOT an X's & O's master.  He is a manager of talent and his ability to win is completely dependant on having superior talent.

It appears to me that he needs vastly superior talent to just be competitive with really good teams.

We'll see if the gamble of trying to acquire a roster using a fool's fat checkbook succeeds.  My guess is we won't get the massive haul of studs CMW is counting on and however successful he is at it, he won't know how to use it.

We could have a new coach putting a plan in place but how dare the clown show in charge fire their friend. Nepotism > program

Officially?  I’m guessing after whenever end of the year meetings are.  I’m thinking those should be Sunday with the expedited timeline.  

Unofficially?  I put the over/under at we have 7.5 spots to fill.  

Gone - Open, X, Walker, Ware, Banks, Gunn

We’ll see - Mack, Cupps, Newton, Malik

Back - Galloway, Leal, Sparks