Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, KathywithaC said:

People are getting way ahead of themselves. Some reality:

1. Buckner has great influence, but he’s not solely pulling the levers here, at least not in the way he did when he forced Glass’s hand on Crean;

2. Dolson is in charge, but he understands that situations like this require internal vetting and consensus before anything happens. This is a group sport;

3. There are some very important stakeholders who would need to do an “about face” on Pearl for him to be hired;

4. If he remains, Woody will shake up his staff;

5. The player defection possibility is very real, as is the Woodying;

6. Don’t believe the rumor that this is Dolson positioning himself publicly in an internal battle with QB. To be kind, that’s misinformed. To be accurate, it’s nonsense to those who know those two.

Thats all for now.

This is a lot of information and regardless of what's happening behind the scenes.  If this administration can't do the obvious thing (Fire the 67 year old man who has no ******* clue what he is doing). It is a complete and total failure by everyone involved. 

4 minutes ago, AnotherSznOnTheBrink said:

Since you seem to possibly know these stakeholders, can you please share a message: It is now 2024, not 1984. The things Bruce Pearl has been in trouble for aren’t even illegal anymore. I would very much enjoy them making the best on court decision for this program, and to quit holding this storied program back. I’ve played for coaches that are in the Indiana HoF, and none of them are perfect, but they are all beloved. Sound familiar?

The way IUBB has been run the last 20 years, just getting a good coach would require an about face.

I’m going to play Devils Advocate: is K©athy coming on here to try to steer the narrative a certain direction?
I have no idea if the things she is saying are legit or not. Kind of seem suspicious that somebody comes in out of the blue with a post like that as their first post; what’s the impetus for her to do that?

I agree. Color me suspicious.

1 minute ago, KathywithaC said:

I think several people, including Dolson and Woody, are grappling with the current results, the prospects for improvement, and the challenges of getting to a much better place. I’m not sure it’s fair to say that Dolson has made up his mind, and there are some others who still believe in MW. But Dolson isn’t trying to undermine Buckner or Woody by conducting some kind of shadowy PR effort. That would be counterproductive for him and could very well jeopardize both his reputation and career at IU. Plus, it’s not how he works.

Then explain Osterman's article yesterday and every thing Rabjohns is spouting off. 

5 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Interesting post that will certainly wind the board up. While Dolson and QB having a good relationship isn’t earth shattering to me at all, the IU media flip is hard to not see as orchestrated. By who? I have no idea. Only have my own anecdotal evidence. I’ve been consuming IU media online since before AC, ITH existed and Peegs was monetized, and one thing that has always been consistent, is they stay on the ship until it is clearly going down. A shift like this, in year three is totally unprecedented from what I have read first hand. Especially with the VERY REAL possibility he’s back, and their access could be neutered. Thats the only part I can’t seem to grasp. 

These people don't want to lose their credentials. I've never seen them this assertive with Crean, or Miller.  This is different for a group of people who don't want to ruffle feathers. 

Just now, Tasmanian Devil said:

The part that really raised my eyebrows was the “don’t believe the personal battle between QB/Dolson”. Again it may be true but could it also be staged to steer a narrative that Quinn isn’t the bad guy? 

And then end with “That’s all for now”? To me it seems like somebody’s directly wanting to send THEIR message.

Couldn't agree more. She gave us really a big bucket of nothing. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Then explain Osterman's article yesterday and every thing Rabjohns is spouting off. 

And Barzello.  And Goodman who recently said Woody would be back then this Tweet yesterday.  Jeff's daughter works on behalf of Dolson, right?  Anyone saying this isn't being coordinated by someone in the AD is clueless.

1 hour ago, KathywithaC said:

People are getting way ahead of themselves. Some reality:

1. Buckner has great influence, but he’s not solely pulling the levers here, at least not in the way he did when he forced Glass’s hand on Crean;

2. Dolson is in charge, but he understands that situations like this require internal vetting and consensus before anything happens. This is a group sport;

3. There are some very important stakeholders who would need to do an “about face” on Pearl for him to be hired;

4. If he remains, Woody will shake up his staff;

5. The player defection possibility is very real, as is the Woodying;

6. Don’t believe the rumor that this is Dolson positioning himself publicly in an internal battle with QB. To be kind, that’s misinformed. To be accurate, it’s nonsense to those who know those two.

Thats all for now.

I agree with all of your points and especially with #6 - it’s just not Scott’s style.

1 hour ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

On a completely unrelated note, @Chris007 and I will be starting our own agency called the Chris007 & BleedCubbieBlue Center for Teams Who Can't Hoop Good. We will be working exclusively with crappy teams to exploit their misfortune to extract the absolute most money we can for our clients.

It's going to be made for full sized humans and not ants, right?

1 minute ago, KathywithaC said:

I understand your concern but I’m not here as an influencer. Some things have been suggested or even alleged that aren’t accurate and I wanted to share what I know. Your skepticism is both understandable and welcome, but that’s why I posted. If you have other questions for me, I’ll do my best to provide answers, including telling you I don’t know. I just wanted to address the Dolson versus Buckner narrative, which I don’t believe is accurate on any way for the reasons I listed, as well as a few others that I can’t confirm bit believe to be true.

Thank you for your time and honesty.

and, for God sake, hurry up and get to 10 post on here! NOBODY needs to go around with Purdue jockstrap as their moniker!