Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

I agree that it was wrong for Glass to not give Woody proper respect. But what made the basketball alums think Woody was qualified? The same questions we had this time would've existed then -- just four years earlier ... 

He never had coached in college. 
He was 50 games under .500 in the NBA. 
Were he not an IU grad, no college would've had interest in his services. 
I could go on and on, but (thankfully for all) won't ... 

This has always been a weird narrative to me. My thought was always as simple as Woody was a non starter because why would a guy who had no college experience and couldn’t get another HC job in the NBA even be considered for a program like IU. 

15 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

Woody, with support from a large number of basketball alums,  wanted the job when we hired Miller. Glass blew him off, which angered those guys, including QB. That was a big error, even if he wasn’t the right guy. Some things linger for years.

Problem is we have too many idiots making basketball decisions at IU then.  Those basketball alums are the bottom of the barrel in making basketball decisions.  See their track records. 

8 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

I stopped posting as I said I would. I am not coming back to dive into all this or further debate. One post and out. Want to stay away until this is all resolved. 

I did want to chime in with some different perspectives. Maybe help some of the group think.

Who would be doing this and how would it all make sense? Eric and HH makes a ton of sense. Eric wants a change and while you might agree with that, he is using his perceived power to try and influence it. 

- Rabby decided to get in bed there. Guy has more ego than Woody times a hundred. He is close to some of the biggest oppositions to Woody like Evans (who has his own issues). Eric thinks he is untouchable for “all he does for the program” 

- The Pearl stuff all started by Trilly saying “he was talking to a media guy with lots a of connections, he said a donor stated the hot name would be Pearl, which was interesting to him and odd to him.” What better way to fire up an angry fanbase than get a name like Pearl floated? May doesnt do that for the masses. 

- Rabby has been feeding Trilly all his IU info for awhile now. Slater is still considered most likely to be Trilly or main part of that account. Slater and Rabby are close. Trilly has to rely on local connected guys. They are not all knowing. 

- Rabby has been on Trilly discord for awhile. When things are said, it always aligns with Peegs. People see this as confirmation but really is all one in the same.

- things are not going exactly how you want? Release more stuff. Attack. All the media guys know each other and all trust 2 people. Rabby and now Trilly. If both are saying it, must be true.

- Pearl has no agent. Never has. Easy to google that. This info isn’t coming from agent talk. No real “camp” - it is him. He plays his own game. 

- Pearl has a new grandchild and daughter who live in ATL. The other in Tenn. why leave the south? 

- there were media members from Louisville who made almost word for word statements about Pearl few years ago. “I have been told he is 100% interested and would take it if offered”

- Pearl negotiated his last contract raise by saying to his AD “I want to be here until I retire, my word and relationships matter, make it so I have no reason to ever want to leave. Show me you want me here the same as I want to be here” 

- There remain way too many people opposed to Pearl that matter. That even includes most of the same former players who want Woody out and the ones who don’t. 

- Dolson would be nuts, nuts to attack like this. Even if he got his way, if that came back that he did all this, which does put a very negative light on the program, it would be over for him long term.

Most likely outcome as I said before is another year, staff changes, agree on GM front etc. Could all this change if there is a mass exodus of key players, sure. However, when there is a lot of misinformation being tossed, stands to reason some of that is too. 

The one thing I will end with for those hoping it is all true. Dolson not coming out and squashing all this is odd. Maybe he tried to do that with the players meeting and told them to ignore all the stuff. Still seems odd to me why he hasn’t. So you still have hope haha

I am not going to respond to all your points, but thanks for the reply. That said, my opinion still stands despite the arguments you made. All of the folks you mentioned have treated potential firings at arms length and never this quickly. That was my main point. And some were against the firings right up to the end. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Does anyone know what is going on today? I actually think today is the day we might get over some kind of hump. I've only been up for 4 hours and it's already been a heck of a ride. We have Kathy, an older poster showed back up, IU plays tonight. Something is in the air

New and old posters have been coming out of the woodwork all over the place to chime in on IU basketball the last week or 2. It's crazy how that seems to be happening about the same time that rumors of a change being almost a certainty come out. 

We all have dream jobs most of us never get them cause we don't have best friends hiring us when we are not qualified. This is going to go down as the worst hire iu ever made. You simply don't hire friends or family unless you are willing to fire them and treat them like normal employees.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Does anyone know what is going on today? I actually think today is the day we might get over some kind of hump. I've only been up for 4 hours and it's already been a heck of a ride. We have Kathy, an older poster showed back up, IU plays tonight. Something is in the air

LOVE!

Just now, Hornsby said:

We all have dream jobs most of us never get them cause we don't have best friends hiring us when we are not qualified. This is going to go down as the worst hire iu ever made. You simply don't hire friends or family unless you are willing to fire them and treat them like normal employees.

Agreed. Back when he was hired I made the point that this would set the program back 5-7 years or so. 

We’ve gone backwards under Woodson. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

IU is ran by a bunch of idiots.  My wife told me to pull my donations years ago which I did because of it just being a horribly ran institution and that was when I wasn’t a partner.  Understand her rationalization nowadays.  They are just a waste of $.  No return.  

Edited by IUGRAD06

Who would be doing this and how would it all make sense? Eric and HH makes a ton of sense. Eric wants a change and while you might agree with that, he is using his perceived power to try and influence it. 
- Rabby decided to get in bed there. Guy has more ego than Woody times a hundred. He is close to some of the biggest oppositions to Woody like Evans (who has his own issues). Eric thinks he is untouchable for “all he does for the program” 

Eric the Hysteric being behind the Scooby Doo mask is certainly a take. I find it hard to believe Rabjohns would mortgage years of mostly responsible journalism and access to IU because Eric the Hysteric is ready to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

It's stunning a guy with sn 13-69 nba record is calling the shots. Where can I get a gig like quinn has.

Well, if you were the captain of the greatest team in CBB history, were then the captain of a gold-medal winning Olympic team and then won an NBA Championship, I’d like your chances of getting the job ok. But, like Quinn, it doesn’t mean you’d do it well. 

57 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

It's a clear breach of his fiduciary duties.  He should've been fired already.  If it requires the Governor to sign off than Whitten, Dolson, and the rest of the board need to move on it.  

The Governor of Indiana who is in his final months in office isn't going to get involved in this with the proverbial 10' pole.  No idea what his post-governor plans are but this is not an issue worthy of his involvement.    

3 minutes ago, IUGRAD06 said:

IU is ran by a bunch of idiots.  My wife told me to pull my donations years ago because of this and that was when I wasn’t a partner.  Understand her rationalization nowadays.  They are just a waste of $.  No return.  

It's really just beyond belief.  Why is some old woman like Cathy Langham who graduated from the Kelley school in 1980, runs a logistics company, and likely knows absolutely nothing about college basketball trying to get involved and hinder a former IU basketball manager from making a decision regarding the men's basketball program?  Absolute insanity and exactly why we've been the laughingstock of the college basketball world for 25 years.

59 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

Quinn was appointed by Mike Pence in 2016 so Holcomb is off the hook at both ends of Quinn’s tenure. Not saying that Pence is “on the hook” for the appointment - it probably seemed very reasonable at the time.
I realize that you most likely weren’t saying that Holcomb appointed QB but your last sentence could have been interpreted that way.

You're right.  Thanks for pointing it out.