Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Scott (with an s) would be a lot cooler if he is putting the heat on QB. Someone needs to. He’s holding the program hostage for his buddy’s personal gain. 

It's a clear breach of his fiduciary duties.  He should've been fired already.  If it requires the Governor to sign off than Whitten, Dolson, and the rest of the board need to move on it.  

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

And Barzello.  And Goodman who recently said Woody would be back then this Tweet yesterday.  Jeff's daughter works on behalf of Dolson, right?  Anyone saying this isn't being coordinated by someone in the AD is clueless.

Yea simply not organic for us (IU media/national). People were calling the fan base insane for wanting to move on from Crean, I remember it vividly. Archie had defenders. To have the entire narrative shift in 48 hours was not a bunch of folks just changing a position they held a week before. We hadn’t won back to back games since cupcakes in December. It wasn’t just some bad late season losses— we’ve had them every season under woody. 

6 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

I understand your concern but I’m not here as an influencer. Some things have been suggested or even alleged that aren’t accurate and I wanted to share what I know. Your skepticism is both understandable and welcome, but that’s why I posted. If you have other questions for me, I’ll do my best to provide answers, including telling you I don’t know. I just wanted to address the Dolson versus Buckner narrative, which I don’t believe is accurate on any way for the reasons I listed, as well as a few others that I can’t confirm bit believe to be true.

I think Kathywitha C may be someone that we can trust.  

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In case some aren't clear on Buckner's term on the BoT.  He was appointed by the Governor and his term expires in July 2025.  At that time, our current governor will be the ex-governor and the new governor may have other ideas than re-appointing QB.  

Quinn was appointed by Mike Pence in 2016 so Holcomb is off the hook at both ends of Quinn’s tenure. Not saying that Pence is “on the hook” for the appointment - it probably seemed very reasonable at the time.
I realize that you most likely weren’t saying that Holcomb appointed QB but your last sentence could have been interpreted that way.

37 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My only thing with this is you can't say IU is my dream job but the timing has never been right, then we offer the job and you use it to get more at Auburn. That would be some real BS

If you read the quotes, he actually says, "IU was my dream job. It really was." Past tense.

It could be as simple as "they don't give a sh!t who knows how they feel."
IMO there is too much societal belief that everything is influenced/rigged. Sure, that happens and is possible. But what's also possible is that people, including reporters, act independently and without 'getting a message' from somewhere.

But if they pi$$ off the wrong people, their access dries up. The odds are very low that Rabby and the others “don’t give a sh!t”. It’s their livelihood.

I understand your concern but I’m not here as an influencer. Some things have been suggested or even alleged that aren’t accurate and I wanted to share what I know. Your skepticism is both understandable and welcome, but that’s why I posted. If you have other questions for me, I’ll do my best to provide answers, including telling you I don’t know. I just wanted to address the Dolson versus Buckner narrative, which I don’t believe is accurate on any way for the reasons I listed, as well as a few others that I can’t confirm bit believe to be true.

Still very suspicious. Spin, baby, spin.

So if we can assume Dolson and Buckner get along, which can absolutely be believable, is this going to end up being a matter of Quinn being fine with getting rid of Woodson and Dolson has done what it takes to make it happen, or is Quinn going to try to push getting him a different staff and hope that Dolson sees it that way? 

1 hour ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Regarding # 6, there was nothing organic about what came out yesterday.  Someone decided to release the hounds and it most certainly was Dolson.

Interested to hear how you can say that with absolute certainty? It would be out of character for Scott to take that route.

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

But if they pi$$ off the wrong people, their access dries up. The odds are very low that Rabby and the others “don’t give a sh!t”. It’s their livelihood.

Things are changing in todays world. It's not a bad thing to just let it fly and be honest. Look at Barstool. Complete fratty d-bags but they get access. Why? They have a huge following.

If you have a large following, programs see that and will want you around for the exposure. 

Sounds like there's some real smoke on McNeeley now.

Had some info shared with me from a Kansas fan whose kid is at KU, and what he's heard:

- If Woodson leaves, or there's a mass exodus of players, he'll definitely ask out of his LOI.

Can't say I'm surprised, but wanted to share in case anyone else has been hearing similar info.

1 minute ago, Papacap said:

I would really like to know how, other than wishful thinking, anyone who has decision-making ability could still believe Woodson is the right man for the job. What objective results are they basing that belief on? Let’s assume that IU could get Pearl. If there are people within IU who would rather keep Woodson than hire Pearl, I’d like to see their reasoning. Loyalty to an IU legend is a poor reason.

@KathywithaC can you help us out here?

I remember the #42 Mike Woodson who helped IU win a Big 10 Championship in 1980. Loved the guy. But Mike Woodson the coach going forward isn’t the answer - he is almost 66, he runs a system that isn’t conducive to success in modern college basketball.

Plus this: just how could Woodson (or any member of his staff) NOT be at the first round of sectional games this past week? If there’s anything that is a bad optic, that has to be it. How can you not be out in public?

I would really like to know how any decision-makers can take these things into consideration, and then justify bringing Woodson back.