Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

20 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

it's possible that James sees May as one who can be bought or at least influenced... I have no facts to add, just my best guess.

I doubt it. For a guy like Lebron, there isn’t a college coach alive that he doesn’t feel like he could have dominion over. He along with Nike and his agency hold tremendous influence over the NBA. He’s not going to think he can’t control a college coach, even one as big as a Bill Self.  

My guess would be for Lebron his reasoning is Nike, his agency, or it’s the last thing he read on Twitter/X. Or the rumor is just made up…who knows. 

5 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Well, between Zeke, Wittman, Woodson and Kitchel, here's their history as coaches... only Kitchel doesn't have a losing record in the NBA and College (he never coached)... take it for what it's worth... but I'd be hard-pressed to follow their collective recommendation for a coach with a winning record:

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 8.28.13 AM.png

Looks like the dream team. 

4 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Casual *** Marie?  His YouTube videos where he reviews every piece of junk food on the planet are amazing.  Or the one where he showed everyone the place that his wife had an affair.

If he's in Kentucky, that'd be what most states call a family reunion.

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

For everyone's benefit because it's been out in print before re:  Boogie Fland.  Woody went to a Fland game and it was a bad game in part because he was battling some injuries.  Regardless, Woody didn't like what he saw and we stopped recruiting him for a month or so.  Staff finally convinced Woody to take a second look and we jumped back in but by then it was late in the game.  IMO we were lucky to even be a Boogie finalist.

He's done that on a number of recruits.  It's gotta be frustrating.

Boogie is pretty awesome but he's a Freshman.  

Before things were trending badly I was vocally concerned that this staff (woody) whatever thought that Fland, McNeely, Queen was a top 5 team as the top 3.  I don't think people have fully adjusted to the transfer portal and older players generally being much more effective.

Don't get me wrong, i wish we had those 3 guys, But would a team rather have an AJ Storr,  Dawson Garcia,  Bruce Thornton?  

Those are the types of comparisons staffs need to figure out.  It's not easy and I don't even know what I think.  I guess if you think all those freshman are 2-4 year guys you get the recruits.  

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

For everyone's benefit because it's been out in print before re:  Boogie Fland.  Woody went to a Fland game and it was a bad game in part because he was battling some injuries.  Regardless, Woody didn't like what he saw and we stopped recruiting him for a month or so.  Staff finally convinced Woody to take a second look and we jumped back in but by then it was late in the game.  IMO we were lucky to even be a Boogie finalist.

image.png.cf3f56dfb0fe5df6537b5c0555e4a691.png

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

Not a rumor so don’t run with it.. any chance players know We are making a change after season and that’s why we are playing looser?

That’s what I’m wondering could be a possibility. Play well for him and send out on a high note 

Sounds like Rabby just added a note on the Fland recruitment that will make some peoples blood boil. 
A lot of people on Trilly's discord are speculating Dolson must have asked Rabby to unload on Woody.
Let's hope it continues.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Not a rumor so don’t run with it.. any chance players know We are making a change after season and that’s why we are playing looser?
How would they know? Dolson isn't going to au anything to them.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That's painful...