Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

I would be willing to wager lots of $$$ that "TYME" is/was Yasir

From an outside perspective I can see it, but I also don't think he's that rude, dismissive, and insecure. I could see it being someone close to him. Often times the vitriol on social media is harder on friends and family. 

I have no clue, so don't get me wrong. I'm just curious when I ask: What makes you feel so strongly it's Ya? 

The fire mike woodson thread needs to stay! I am not a hater just haven't been impressed with the on court product up to this point. He isn't even remotely consistent that is his biggest problem. He can get talent but has not put a solid season together yet to say the least. Better than Archie though so far lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, TadQueasy said:

My fan base?  I am a '98 graduate of Indiana.  Born and raised in Indiana.  Grew up dreaming of playing basketball for Knight.  I don't really get what you are saying here, but I am a life long fan of IU and have been on the campus.    

We all have a right to our opinions and that is what this place is all about.  

It just seems that you live in this world where only you have the right opinion on anything.  You remind me of an old dude I used to work in a factory with.  He was always unhappy and whining.  Yet anytime someone else complained about anything he would get on his soapbox about how no one today understands anything and if only people would listen to him things would be better.  

Yeah, more bluster from Scotty R ...I grew up on the Southside of Indy. I'm a '77 graduate of IUB... was at IUB during the '76 championship run (and the '75 near miss). And I am looking back at my 70th lap around the sun. I know what RMK did for the basketball program, the fan base and the university. And I have seen what Mike Woodson has done to the basketball program, the fan base and the university as its head coach. And I'm witnessing what Mike Woodson is trying to do for himself - namely stake a life-time claim on the HC office.

There is NO equating RMK to MMW. Period.

Mediocre Mike acts like he has the gravitas of someone who has actually accomplished something. He has not done anything of consequence here or elsewhere, and has zero gravitas to act like the @$$ that he has. That is my opinion of Mediocre Mike Woodson, and I am entitled to it.

And for those who want to point out that Woodson has the 3rd best record as a HC in the past 25 years, let me remind you that statement is more of a commentary on the state of the program than anything else.

32 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Yeah, more bluster from Scotty R ...I grew up on the Southside of Indy. I'm a '77 graduate of IUB... was at IUB during the '76 championship run (and the '75 near miss). And I am looking back at my 70th lap around the sun. I know what RMK did for the basketball program, the fan base and the university. And I have seen what Mike Woodson has done to the basketball program, the fan base and the university as its head coach. And I'm witnessing what Mike Woodson is trying to do for himself - namely stake a life-time claim on the HC office.

Mediocre Mike acts like he has the gravitas of someone who has actually accomplished something. He has not done anything of consequence here or elsewhere, and has zero gravitas to act like the @$$ that he has. That is my opinion of Mediocre Mike Woodson, and I am entitled to it.

And for those who want to point out that Woodson has the 3rd best record as a HC in the past 25 years, let me remind you that statement is more of a commentary on the state of the program than anything else.

That’s well said and take it from another old schooler like me who also witnessed the ‘75 and ‘76 teams and I feel exactly the way you do.  It’s pretty bad that we are labeled as non-true fans as long as we’ve been rooting for the team too.  Mediocre Mike seems to be trying to emulate RMK with his God Like Complex but hasn’t done anything to actually warrant it.  The only thing that he’s accomplished is alienating fans and becoming a horse’s a**!

2 hours ago, coonhounds said:

The fire mike woodson thread needs to stay! I am not a hater just haven't been impressed with the on court product up to this point. He isn't even remotely consistent that is his biggest problem. He can get talent but has not put a solid season together yet to say the least. Better than Archie though so far lol

Always needs to stay!!!

43 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

giphy.gif

Always needs to stay!!!
I will say to take it down if we make a elite 8 or better and retain recruiting momentum. See progress on the court especially free throws and perimeter offense and defense. I mean if he turns the corner here and starts winning why keep it? I am eager to be wrong about Woodson!

I support Mike Woodson...and the IU men's basketball team!

Until such time as he is no longer the Head Basketball Coach of Indiana University.

(This does not mean that I think that he is or isn't going in the right direction or winning enough or...maybe he is not an X's and O's guy, or...I just don't know...maybe give him another 20 years to get it right...hmm...or...)

Uncertainty vs. Certainty | "To be uncertain is to be uncomfortable, But to be certain is to be ridiculous."; -Chinese Proverb- | image tagged in don quixote,uncertainty,certainty,memes,funny memes,quotes | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

I was a fire Mike Woodson guy, but after reading irrational conspiracy theories to mirror the fairly tales of QAnon, I have gone from a guy being against MW but cheering for the team to a guy who feels neutral about Mike Woodson pulling for the team to a guy cheering for Mike Woodson and the team to win defiantly despite the miserable whiners who think Indiana basketball is about them. I'll even eat some crow that the staff pivoting to the portal after seeing the NIL cost of freshman was the right move for this upcoming season. The only things Mike Woodson is guilty of are not winning enough and having a whole lot of competitive pride. Pride that is fueling him right now.

12 hours ago, coonhounds said:

I will say to take it down if we make a elite 8 or better and retain recruiting momentum. See progress on the court especially free throws and perimeter offense and defense. I mean if he turns the corner here and starts winning why keep it? I am eager to be wrong about Woodson!

Good point, we all haven’t eaten crow a time or two in our life and we love to be proven wrong, lol!  But in this case I will gladly get the barbecue out and/or honey mustard, especially if he can change his arrogant attitude some!

12 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Good point, we all haven’t eaten crow a time or two in our life and we love to be proven wrong, lol!  But in this case I will gladly get the barbecue out and/or honey mustard, especially if he can change his arrogant attitude some!

I want his arrogant attitude to stay, I don't care about that. Almost every successful coach is like that. He needs to win, period.

4 hours ago, PartyintheVillas said:

I want his arrogant attitude to stay, I don't care about that. Almost every successful coach is like that. He needs to win, period.

That would be ok if he has won as a coach consistently be he’s Mediocre Mike for a reason.  If he wins the B10 and/or B10 tournament and/or makes at least the elite 8, then he can let that arrogance shine, but until then, reel it in a little and quit putting fans against fans by saying they aren’t real fans if they don’t agree with you 

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

That would be ok if he has won as a coach consistently be he’s Mediocre Mike for a reason.  If he wins the B10 and/or B10 tournament and/or makes at least the elite 8, then he can let that arrogance shine, but until then, reel it in a little and quit putting fans against fans by saying they aren’t real fans if they don’t agree with you 

Oddball Kelly's Heroes | WHY DON'T YOU KNOCK IT OFF WITH THEM NEGATIVE WAVES? WHY DON'T YOU DIG HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS OUT HERE? WHY DON'T YOU SAY SOMETHING RIGHTEOUS AND HOPEFUL FOR A CHANGE? | image tagged in oddball kelly's heroes,negativity,negative,waves,clint eastwood | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Memo to Dave From Dayton -  The title of the thread is Fire Coach Woodson.  Why would you expect to read positive and/or supportive comments?
Well, maybe because they've locked and censored the positive CMW thread on this debatable subject.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

17 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I’m hopeful for a change. A head coaching change. 

I' m just happy that people really want IU to win at basketball and give attention to Btown Banners.  Whether they post positive or negative comments about CMW is their personal choice and generally makes no difference to me.  

If one does not like CMW's persona and/or coaching, then one might not have liked RMK's later time at IU. I got tired and disappointed at times with RMK.  But I was of the opinion that the administration did not deal correctly with him.  Tough job that, for sure.  He was absolutely superb with X's and O's and getting the most out of matchups and defense and the team as a whole.

I don't get it why some keep posting the same stuff.  But it is not up to me, and I can't and won't do anything except laugh or shake my head at the pointlessness of some of it.  People may be getting swayed by style somewhat and not substance.  But in this time of the all-powerful videos and social media, that's pretty much what we see outside of the few hours of actual games.  

The meme with "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?" if one doesn't recognize it is from a really funny antiwar/comedy flick produced in 1970...Kelly's Heroes.  The airhead in the meme is recently deceased actor Donald Sutherland in an 'oddball' character.  He also played Hawkeye Pierce in the movie MASH.  I am a fan of his acting, movies and IU basketball.  

I have high hopes for this year.  It looks like we just may finally have really good and healthy guards and distributors and might even have players that may be productive from outside.  Imagine that.

Late next season, if CMW and the team do not do well... A painting of a man and woman with stern expessions standing side-by-side in front of a white house. The man holds a pitch fork.

On 7/3/2024 at 6:33 PM, ziggyiu said:

From an outside perspective I can see it, but I also don't think he's that rude, dismissive, and insecure. I could see it being someone close to him. Often times the vitriol on social media is harder on friends and family. 

I have no clue, so don't get me wrong. I'm just curious when I ask: What makes you feel so strongly it's Ya? 

Tyme/Ngw posted here until people weren't buying what he was selling and he was posting during games I believe, so I doubt it was a staff member.  Someone connected or being fed information, sure, but not someone on staff.

FWIW, Tyme has not tweeted since May 16th, so it was obvious just an account that used to prop up the coaching staff.  Once portal season was over, nothing has been said.  Doesn't exactly sound like someone who is just an Indiana Hoosier fan....they had an MO of pushing an agenda and once that was completed, they exited.