Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

10 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I want our basketball team to win; however, I want us to have a different coach instead of the a** of a person and coach we currently have.  

You would still hate him if he won a championship. You probably were some of the idiots that said going to the 2002 championship was a bad thing. Most college coaches are a holes

3 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

You would still hate him if he won a championship. You probably were some of the idiots that said going to the 2002 championship was a bad thing. Most college coaches are a holes

Broad statements to excuse a poor coach. Sad. 

2 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Broad statements to excuse a poor coach. Sad. 

Some of you just have an unhealthy hatred for the man. We all supported a coach for years that had many flaws but we looked the other way when he is winning. If Woodson has won big nobody would care if he was an a hole

1 minute ago, Scotty R said:

Some of you just have an unhealthy hatred for the man. We all supported a coach for years that had many flaws but we looked the other way when he is winning. If Woodson has won big nobody would care if he was an a hole

Again generalizing people. You’re afraid to go to specifics.  Look I’m avid New York Knicks fan.  There was a kind of respect then but the reason he got fired was because of the very same reasons we see evident now.  A sense of entitlement.  At New York he didn’t want to bring in meaningful assistants because he thought he knew everything.  Also he couldn’t build our team because he burned a ton bridges and a lot of players were put off by him. 

There are degrees to these things. You’re paying a guy 3 million dollar a year and he buys himself the best roster he’s ever had….. and the best ceiling most of us have is sweet sixteen with a possible elite 8 chance.  What the heck are we even doing? That’s loser mentality and defeatism. You play to win championships. Not to settle for mediocrity . 

11 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I want our basketball team to win; however, I want us to have a different coach instead of the a** of a person and coach we currently have.  

But--- we need an "Indiana" guy, we need a "Knight" guy, we need a guy that understands IUs history. 

So now we don't need those things? 

Just get rid of the meanie head and its all cured? Wild

"Again generalizing people." 

Then the poster goes on with "the best ceiling most of us have is sweet sixteen with a possible elite 8 chance"..." That’s loser mentality and defeatism." 

Sounds a lot like generalizing.

Kind of weird though.  RMK didn't win a banner each and every year.  In between those 3 NCs, I see that he and we were settling for mediocrity of not reacing the last three days.

Funny.  Ironic.

I put it to you, Banksy- isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

Well, I'm not settling for a sweet sixteen or possible elite 8 chance.  I'm going to live happily ever after and continue cheering for IU.

You can project whatever you want to and diss the coach for his personality traits.  He is human after all.  RMK wasn't...ahem...quirky.  Mike Davis wasn't...  Nor was Dan D.  Not at all goofy.  Nor he who must not be named.  (Think cell phone and team running amok).  Hey and car salesman Top Cat Crean was normal as well normal along the lines of Hollywood.  Archie was pure milquetoast.  Woodson?  Yeah, his look of love is quite motivational. Yeah, human too.

What the hell does that have to do with winning?

Now I think Coach Woodson's flawed selections of guards, bad platooning of subs, and strange or lack of play calling and reliance on bigs and losing has continued to drive us cray cray.  

OMG!  He is such a jerk (?) because he is a human.  OK.  Next issue.  Let's talk about the suits or sweaters or choice of cars or how he does his facial hair next.  Cool bro.

I know, I know, this is the fire Coach Woodson thread.  Go for it.  Does it help to claim fans settle for mediocrity?  When one doesn't even know that or them...

When an a** of a person posts about someone else being an a** of person who he doesnt even know, who's the real a** of a person? 

Just a**king.....

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

Would you say this is Woodson’s best team ever assembled? If so where is their ceiling for you?

Not sure why this post got heat—completely good questions.

1. Yes

2. Ceiling is 30+ wins and a natty. Floor is 20-22 wins, and that floor includes potential for injuries. If injury Armageddon hit us with four guys with season ending injuries it could be revised.

Below about 22 wins? That buyout is niiice and low by this coming April. Below 20 wins again and with this roster? It wouldn’t matter what the buyout is—he’d be gone at any price.

32 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not sure why this post got heat—completely good questions.

1. Yes

2. Ceiling is 30+ wins and a natty. Floor is 20-22 wins, and that floor includes potential for injuries. If injury Armageddon hit us with four guys with season ending injuries it could be revised.

Below about 22 wins? That buyout is niiice and low by this coming April. Below 20 wins again and with this roster? It wouldn’t matter what the buyout is—he’d be gone at any price.

And if he’s retained? By the way- this has same path as the US Soccer job.  Administration still want to keep him after doing horribly. It’s taking an entire fanbase to actually make his firing a possibility by unified and calling out sponsors and a constant stream of fans saying they won’t pay for games until a change is made. 

This possibly goes way beyond good or bad record I fear. 

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

Again generalizing people. You’re afraid to go to specifics.  Look I’m avid New York Knicks fan.  There was a kind of respect then but the reason he got fired was because of the very same reasons we see evident now.  A sense of entitlement.  At New York he didn’t want to bring in meaningful assistants because he thought he knew everything.  Also he couldn’t build our team because he burned a ton bridges and a lot of players were put off by him. 

There are degrees to these things. You’re paying a guy 3 million dollar a year and he buys himself the best roster he’s ever had….. and the best ceiling most of us have is sweet sixteen with a possible elite 8 chance.  What the heck are we even doing? That’s loser mentality and defeatism. You play to win championships. Not to settle for mediocrity . 

As a NYK fan, you should know the only reason he was fired was because Steve Mills was so bad at his job that they had to bring in Phil Jackson. And Phil Jackson cleaned house within a week which lead to Derek Fisher being hired where he subsequently won 17 games and didn’t even make it to the ASG in year two.

The Mills/Jackson era is one of the worst in franchise history. The Knicks went downhill the second they demoted Grunwald after a season in which Woodson won 54 games, a total that hasn’t been bested since. But yeah, preach about Woodson and entitlement lol. Woodson was the least of the Knicks problems.

47 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

"Again generalizing people." 

Then the poster goes on with "the best ceiling most of us have is sweet sixteen with a possible elite 8 chance"..." That’s loser mentality and defeatism." 

Sounds a lot like generalizing.

Kind of weird though.  RMK didn't win a banner each and every year.  In between those 3 NCs, I see that he and we were settling for mediocrity of not reacing the last three days.

Funny.  Ironic.

I put it to you, Banksy- isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

Well, I'm not settling for a sweet sixteen or possible elite 8 chance.  I'm going to live happily ever after and continue cheering for IU.

You can project whatever you want to and diss the coach for his personality traits.  He is human after all.  RMK wasn't...ahem...quirky.  Mike Davis wasn't...  Nor was Dan D.  Not at all goofy.  Nor he who must not be named.  (Think cell phone and team running amok).  Hey and car salesman Top Cat Crean was normal as well normal along the lines of Hollywood.  Archie was pure milquetoast.  Woodson?  Yeah, his look of love is quite motivational. Yeah, human too.

What the hell does that have to do with winning?

Now I think Coach Woodson's flawed selections of guards, bad platooning of subs, and strange or lack of play calling and reliance on bigs and losing has continued to drive us cray cray.  

OMG!  He is such a jerk (?) because he is a human.  OK.  Next issue.  Let's talk about the suits or sweaters or choice of cars or how he does his facial hair next.  Cool bro.

I know, I know, this is the fire Coach Woodson thread.  Go for it.  Does it help to claim fans settle for mediocrity?  When one doesn't even know that or them...

Comparing RMK with Woodson…. Wow.  Maybe you should apply for the athletics job because you seem to have a high opinion what in reality is very &^* coaching . 

4 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

And if he’s retained? By the way- this has same path as the US Soccer job.  Administration still want to keep him after doing horribly. It’s taking an entire fanbase to actually make his firing a possibility by unified and calling out sponsors and a constant stream of fans saying they won’t pay for games until a change is made. 

This possibly goes way beyond good or bad record I fear. 

But soccer Greg is likely gone this week.

He had one bad year. And that bad year doesn’t rank near the bad year someone like Cronin had.

Hes clearly not the coach 5-10 years from now. But his fatal flaw was roster construction (the guards blew chunks) and that has been rectified. 

2 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

As a NYK fan, you should know the only reason he was fired was because Steve Mills was so bad at his job, they had to bring in Phil Jackson. And Phil Jackson cleaned house within a week which lead to Derek Fisher being hired where he subsequently won 17 games and didn’t even make it to the ASG in year two.

The Mills/Jackson era is one of the worst in franchise history. The Knicks went downhill the second they demoted Grunwald after a season in which Woodson won 54 games, a total that hasn’t been bested since. But yeah, preach about Woodson and entitlement lol. Woodson was the least of the Knicks problems.

Management had its part I wont deny that. But the man crossed so many bridges that no one wanted to play for by the end.  And if anything this speaks to my larger point that needs to stop being overlooked.

We ain’t doing squat as a program if we don’t have a respectable administration.  Good administration’s don’t give their besties the highest paid job in the state of Indiana lol. Good lord. You guys are sad defending this garbage.  

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But soccer Greg is likely gone this week.

He had one bad year. And that bad year doesn’t rank near the bad year someone like Cronin had.

Hes clearly not the coach 5-10 years from now. But his fatal flaw was roster construction (the guards blew chunks) and that has been rectified. 

If you know soccer, he should have been gone after the World Cup but more importantly not even hired in the first place (brother was in the hiring process). Relative to the rest of the world, we are a sad joke in soccer.

51 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Management had its part I wont deny that. But the man crossed so many bridges that no one wanted to play for by the end.  And if anything this speaks to my larger point that needs to stop being overlooked.

We ain’t doing squat as a program if we don’t have a respectable administration.  Good administration’s don’t give their besties the highest paid job in the state of Indiana lol. Good lord. You guys are sad defending this garbage.  

Just felt compelled to respond to your BS because there are actually people that dense on here who will read whatever that drivel is you wrote and believe it.

Just now, Banksyrules said:

So no substance with your reply. Just names…..soft. 

Didn’t call you any names. But your post was garbage and as a proclaimed Knicks fan, you of all people should know that management, not Woodson, was the problem. Mills/Jackson had what, 6 coaches in 8 years? But yeah, “WOoDY’S ENtITlEd”

5 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Didn’t call you any names. But your post was garbage and as a proclaimed Knicks fan, you of all people should know that management, not Woodson, was the problem. Mills/Jackson had what, 6 coaches in 8 years? But yeah, “WOoDY’S ENtITlEd”

And because those coaches were awful but Woodson is meh? You become ok with that? You keep pushing until you get it right.  The goal is championships not “yay we made the dance or yes we made it to the sweet sixteen” . Again recalibrate your goals. Forget the guy and just be honest with yourself…….. he’s not the guy.