Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, mdiu28 said:

If this Rabby stuff is in fact factual, Woody needs to be fired the minute we're out of the BTT. 

Not only has he failed to build a foundation, he's causing harm to future success with what little recruiting he is doing.

I think it’s. A lot of things like this and the eye opening comments to the media that will help do him in. 

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

If this Rabby stuff is in fact factual, Woody needs to be fired the minute we're out of the BTT. 

Not only has he failed to build a foundation, he's causing harm to future success with what little recruiting he is doing.

Is it factual that Rabby delivered this diatribe today? Yes.

I got to thinking about the late season wins and what, if any, result could have on the tenure. It felt like a while since we had won back to back games, and sure enough last time was in December when we beat Morehead State, North Alabama, and Kennesaw State. Short of winning the BTT (LOL) and a couple in the NCAAs I just do not see it mattering. Either Dolson is set on moving on, or we never were going to in the first place. I cannot come to any other conclusion given the overall problems going forward. College is so different from professional sports. A lame duck coach simply cannot be allowed to continue due to recruiting, and I think we have already seen the results of CMW getting negatively recruited against before you dare throwing out the "L" word to describe his recruiting philosophy or lack thereof. Maybe I am dumb for believing any of that, but it just seems like a few meaningless wins from a team playing loose is not changing the tide. Even on AC Jerod was almost breathless trying to build up the win and Coach and Ryan immediately brought him back down to earth about beating a bad Maryland team. So I continue to hope we do the right thing for the program going forward.   

1 hour ago, HoosierMoore said:

Just saw this for what it’s worth. 

IMG_5680.jpeg

Bryce James is a 3 star player whom 247 doesn't rank in their top 150 and is 156 in the 247 composite.  Ohio State, USC, and Duquesne are listed as programs interested but don't think any have offered yet.  My guess is that Ohio State might not even offer without papa offering millions of dollars.

Have to remember that papa James was the one who said that Bronny 'could get minutes right now' with the Lakers...the Bronny James who is averaging 5 points per game at USC in 20 minutes while shooting 37%.  

17 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

I hate the season we've had, but going 16-13 to this point after losing TJD and JHS isn't by itself fireable.  It's not good given our resources, but the thing that has people fed up is that the 16-13 was avoidable with a better vision for the program.

If the rumors of Woodson continue it's going to be impossible going forward.  No one wants to play for a dead man walking and keeping him around for a year will just compound that.

29 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

That surprises me.  Woody usually likes injured guards.

Well, it makes a right convenient excuse when the bottom falls out because of his lack of recruiting...

10 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Bryce James is a 3 star player whom 247 doesn't rank in their top 150 and is 156 in the 247 composite.  Ohio State, USC, and Duquesne are listed as programs interested but don't think any have offered yet.  My guess is that Ohio State might not even offer without papa offering millions of dollars.

Have to remember that papa James was the one who said that Bronny 'could get minutes right now' with the Lakers...the Bronny James who is averaging 5 points per game at USC in 20 minutes while shooting 37%.  

pretty much the walking definition of "nepo-baby"

And fland is supposed to be one of the main three he went after the hardest. He sounds beyond lazy.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

pretty much the walking definition of "nepo-baby"

Exactly and Have to remember that papa James was the one who said that Bronny 'could get minutes right now' with the Lakers...the Bronny James who is averaging 5 points per game at USC in 20 minutes while shooting 37%.  

There are guys in the G-League and oversees who could "get minutes" and I am sure they actually produced in college and in their respective league. LeBron should just buy his own team if he wants to just play guys he likes or is related to. Him and LeVar Ball could run out their nepo baby team. I guess that's what's going to happen at OSU? They won't be very good if that's the case. There will be a lot of pressure to play his son whether he deserves it or not. 

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

Not sure what you mean by acting like a blue blood?  Blue blood basketball programs:

1. North Carolina-  Hubert Davis  Promoted from within.  No previous head coaching experience. Prior to that Roy Willams came over from Kansas, but he was a North Carolina alumnus. 
  2. UCLA-  Mick Cronin came from mid-major Cincinnati.  Prior to that, Steve Alford from mid-major New Mexico.
  3. Kansas- Hired Bill Self from Illinois.  Prior to that hired Roy Williams who was an assistant at North Carolina. 
  4. Duke-   Jon Scheyer promoted from within.  Prior to that hired Coach K from Army. 
  5. Kentucky- hired Calipari from mid-major Memphis.  Prior to that Billy Gillespie from Texas A & M.  
  6.  Connecticut (New Money)-  Danny Hurley hired from mid-major Rhode Island.  Kevin Ollie promoted from within.  

It appears that Blue Bloods appear to hire from within or hire the hot mid-major coaches more than they hire from another P5 school.  

If you ask me, IU doesn't have the luxury of taking a chance again. We're slowly sinking into IU football land. You can't just keep firing coaches every 2-3 years and expect consistency. This isn't the Premier League. The last two hires were brutal. I'd like to see the admin change things up and get a P5 winner. Pearl isn't the long term answer but he gives us one hell of a shot to get out of the cellar we're in - and quickly. Then the program will be in a much better spot. Dusty could flop quickly and then we're right back here in a couple years. 

3 hours ago, jbeaman9 said:

I love Rabby taking ANOTHER big heaping dump on Woodson. Quadrupling down at this rate. 

Well, don't leave us hanging. Got a link, or a quote?

EDIT: See you updated after I read your post. Sorry.

21 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Exactly and Have to remember that papa James was the one who said that Bronny 'could get minutes right now' with the Lakers...the Bronny James who is averaging 5 points per game at USC in 20 minutes while shooting 37%.  

There are guys in the G-League and oversees who could "get minutes" and I am sure they actually produced in college and in their respective league. LeBron should just buy his own team if he wants to just play guys he likes or is related to. Him and LeVar Ball could run out their nepo baby team. I guess that's what's going to happen at OSU? They won't be very good if that's the case. There will be a lot of pressure to play his son whether he deserves it or not. 

Bronny is a freshman who nearly died 7 months ago. He’ll be fine. Lebron discourse always scrapes the bottom of the internet barrel. 

10 minutes ago, JF87 said:
  • North Carolina-  Hubert Davis  Promoted from within.  No previous head coaching experience. Prior to that Roy Willams came over from Kansas, but he was a North Carolina alumnus. 
  • UCLA-  Mick Cronin came from mid-major Cincinnati.  Prior to that, Steve Alford from mid-major New Mexico.
  • Kansas- Hired Bill Self from Illinois.  Prior to that hired Roy Williams who was an assistant at North Carolina. 
  • Duke-   Jon Scheyer promoted from within.  Prior to that hired Coach K from Army. 
  • Kentucky- hired Calipari from mid-major Memphis.  Prior to that Billy Gillespie from Texas A & M.  
  • Connecticut (New Money)-  Danny Hurley hired from mid-major Rhode Island.  Kevin Ollie promoted from within.  

The two most successful hires this century (maybe a little longer…forget when Self was hired) were blue bloods flexing their muscle and pulling proven guys in their prime from other P5 schools. Next is Cal to UK from a rolling Memphis program which is a similar type hire. You might throw Beard to Texas in there but I’d grade that as an incomplete.  

UCLA has been about as bad as us with hires so I wouldn’t follow them. KU alternatively has had the magic touch.  I think K and Roy making their former players successors is also an “incomplete” at this point. Either way, we don’t have the luxury of a HoF coach grooming us a successor coach. 

That leaves UConn. Ollie was kind of like their Mike Davis. Hurley looks to be a heckuva hire from the mid major scene though.  

Given all that I’d love to pull a proven championship or multiple FF guy from another P5 program. Its seems to have a high chance of success. Absent that, pray like hell your AD can evaluate mid major resumes better than everyone else.