Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

55 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I think we actually verified that it wasn’t him or anyone even related to him.

Which makes it FAR more weird.

Not to drag the thread of course too much, but Luke Brown went to Ball State for a year, then Stetson for a year (and actually played pretty well there), then transferred to.....Indiana Wesleyan.  But he never played a game there.  Have no idea what happened to him.

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

Yeah, a good college coach/recruiter would take the opportunity to point out a few things they observed and give advice on how to handle certain game situations or drills to work on to improve a weakness that was being exploited. That helps build trust and show genuine interest. They definitely don't just watch a bad game from a highly rated recruit the staff has prioritized and say "nah I'm good actually. He's not close enough to being a pro yet"

Always assumed when Woody backed off that it had something to do with expectations. I would love to know what game he saw. Probably watched Fland a dozen times and even in his weaker games he was a no doubter. I really don’t see how you could watch him and question his game. 

Just now, cleeter said:

Trilly just posted about that quote, and said he’s being told there will be a lot of players leaving if Woodson is retained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw that too.

So our players hate their coach? What more does Dolson need to fire this guy (other than millions of dollars)

4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Yep correct. It would not have been that hard for him pick the brain of other colleges coaches before he signed up for this. You know find out how hard it might be for a 64 year to rebuild a program and how grueling it would be. But that's beneath him imo.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Right? Or maybe use the guy that was added to the program and had head coached a team to two FFs in the one and done era. Hind sight is 20/20, but Dolson knew this was a long shot and attempted to mitigate the danger. CMW just had the top cover to not have to use the resources. 

Saw that too.

So our players hate their coach? What more does Dolson need to fire this guy (other than millions of dollars)

Need a BoT that actually cares about winning. If he’s retained, that’s the only reason I could see it being….they don’t care

14 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

yikes

You could tell they didn't want to shoot a 3 for fear of being yelled at all year long. This staff doesn't know what they are doing and the players all can see that. To give CMW a year 4 is to basically play pick up basketball with a mish mashed roster. No thank you. 

I am hopeful Woodson can get comfortable with the idea of retiring.

4 hours ago, HoosierMoore said:

Just saw this for what it’s worth. 

IMG_5680.jpeg

Better idea: IU gets Bruce Pearl. Dusty May spurns O$U, but Bron loves him so May takes the job as the coach of the Lakers when Darvin Ham is fired. Coach Pearl leads us to 4 FF and 2 national championships in the 9 years he is here before retiring a hero. After years of proving himself at the highest level as a Popovich/Spoelstra-esque basketball mind, Coach May decides to change scenery from LA to Bloomington. The reign of supremacy continues. (Unrelated: I may be about 2 bourbons deep.)

7 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Trilly dropped minor update into the discord. Nothing we didn't know. But if Woodson stays, expect "some serious" player movement on the roster

No S##t Sherlock...

This is the guy that's going revamp his system next year? I think not.

Mike Woodson: “I still think the college game is played inside-out.” #iubb

6:32 PM · Mar 4, 2024

·

View

7 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Right? Or maybe use the guy that was added to the program and had head coached a team to two FFs in the one and done era. Hind sight is 20/20, but Dolson knew this was a long shot and attempted to mitigate the danger. CMW just had the top cover to not have to use the resources. 

True, but it also shows who Mike Woodson is. He came to IU with zero experience in an environment completely unlike anything he had coached previously, and he cast off the helps that Dolson game him... says "I'm Mike Woodson and I don't need no steeenken' help"... and we got what we got... arrogance, ego and a know-it-all... 

Trilly just posted about that quote, and said he’s being told there will be a lot of players leaving if Woodson is retained.

**sorry already been posted.

Basically Woodson who is lazy would be looking to add like 8 or 9 guys in the portal. Good stuff.