Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

36 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Here’s a controversial take:

It was completely excellent to see Assembly Hall rocking and joyful, players celebrating , and with a scoreboard final that showed Indiana as the winner.

Bittersweet…?

11 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Question for you -- and it's not meant as a dig at all -- at this point are you openly rooting for IU to lose or are you watching (or not watching) the games as someone who is detached from the program?

I agree that IU should be moving on from Woodson but personally still root for IU to win when I am watching.  Not that upset if they do lose at this point, but don't root against the team.  And again, it is not meant to dig at you at all, just looking for your perspective.  My perspective is that I can't control what I can't control, so when I'm watching a game I would like to have an enjoyable experience and I I don't enjoy watching them get humiliated.  If we win, I'm happy -- not as happy as I would be if it actually meant something toward the tournament -- if we lose, I'm just kind of not upset at this point.

Honestly? I root for losses but I don’t watch the games. I’ve watched maybe 3-4 games this season, and only parts of those. There’s little to enjoy with watching this team, and the big ten as a whole is such an ugly style of basketball that I can’t really enjoy a good game from the opposition either. 

Since my rooting interests have no impact on the team, I just root for what I think is best for the program. Given the reports that Quinn/donors don’t want Woodson gone, I don’t see a scenario where Woodson is gone if IU wins any of the last 3 games. 

Honestly? I root for losses but I don’t watch the games. I’ve watched maybe 3-4 games this season, and only parts of those. There’s little to enjoy with watching this team, and the big ten as a whole is such an ugly style of basketball that I can’t really enjoy a good game from the opposition either. 
Since my rooting interests have no impact on the team, I just root for what I think is best for the program. Given the reports that Quinn/donors don’t want Woodson gone, I don’t see a scenario where Woodson is gone if IU wins any of the last 3 games. 
I don't see a win at minnesota but the other two are winnable.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I’ve been vocal that I’m not happy with the state of the program or Woodson…ideally, I want us to make a change and hire a coach that makes us a serious program again…

But that game was fun to watch. Kids competed from the opening tip, and Woodson coached a good game. Haven’t seen him that fired up and animated all year. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I have no idea how the scenario will play out.  I don't think they are going to win at Maryland or Minnesota and their best chance would be the last game at home against Michigan State.  If they win one of the last three, that would put them at 16-15 overall and 8-12 in conference and in the play in round of the Big Ten.  Just my opinion, but if IU is in the play in round of the BTT with the amount of NIL IU has at its disposal and they don't fire Woodson, then they weren't going to fire him anyway.

In terms of my watching habits late in the season this year, when there are games that I really didn't think we would win, I would scoreboard watch and only tune in later if it were going well.  I didn't watch the Penn State game last weekend and saw just bits and pieces of the Nebraska game.  I was more invested in tonight's game because of my dislike of Wisconsin.

I have no idea how the scenario will play out.  I don't think they are going to win at Maryland or Minnesota and their best chance would be the last game at home against Michigan State.  If they win one of the last three, that would put them at 16-15 overall and 8-12 in conference and in the play in round of the Big Ten.  Just my opinion, but if IU is in the play in round of the BTT with the amount of NIL IU has at its disposal and they don't fire Woodson, then they weren't going to fire him anyway.
In terms of my watching habits late in the season this year, when there are games that I really didn't think we would win, I would scoreboard watch and only tune in later if it were going well.  I didn't watch the Penn State game last weekend and saw just bits and pieces of the Nebraska game.  I was more invested in tonight's game because of my dislike of Wisconsin.
I would not be as much on the fire Woodson train if he actually had a class of big time talent coming in. He needs high level talent to win. Sure you can say the portal but that's a crap shoot and it's not usually how you build a core team.

I’ll be honest. We win out regular season and grab 1 BTT game I’m still on the fire Woodson bandwagon or “retire” Woodson bandwagon because it’s just so bad. No faith in the man, this team should be dancing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
The talent is there and the big ten is flat out awful. No reason this team should not be like 11-6 or 10-7.

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’ll be honest. We win out regular season and grab 1 BTT game I’m still on the fire Woodson bandwagon or “retire” Woodson bandwagon because it’s just so bad. No faith in the man, this team should be dancing.

19-3 Rd 2 of BTT I’d be rooting so hard for the Hoosiers . Was live for the Mich game in BTT 2022 was so awesome 

3 hours ago, str8baller said:

If he finishes 2-7 and keeps it vs 0-9 and he doesn’t, then it doesn’t matter. That’s the decision making of an incompetent administration. The next coach will likely be as bad as the last.  

A good administration has the decision made. And if he’s gone we’d know about it. So options are either 1) he’s staying or 2) he might be gone but we have a reactionary, incompetent administration hiring the next coach.

Barring a miracle of luck, IU basketball is still dead for the near future. 

Disagree that we would know about it. I know it's more fun to rag on our administration for being incompetent, but a big sign of incompetence is having leaks all over the place and stuff getting out before any kind of announcement can be made. 

51 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

There’s zero reasoning behind this logic. What’s the difference between going 14-17 and 15-16? Absolutely nothing. There’s nothing that’s going to salvage this season outside winning 4 (or 5) consecutive games in the BTT. Until I see the proverbial vote of confidence from Dolson, I don’t think anything has changed in the last 2 hours.

One win shouldn't change anything. If Indiana was that serious though they never would've hired Woodson in the first place.

I'm not sure he's in that much danger to begin with, not nearly as much as he should be, for that reason; hiring him was so deeply unserious.

Going to be existential here:

The universe has been giving IU opportunities to become great again. I don’t think IU listened to any of the signs because the guys running the show were too ego driven (Freddy, Aussie, etc)

We have and will have the opportunity to be good again and I don’t sense the poor ego with Dolson which would prevent us from seizing the opportunity…

I think Dusty May is a sign we’ve been given and I hope we seize the opportunity…

my gut tells me Pearl isn’t coming here, and it’ll all work out in the end 

23 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Going to be existential here:

The universe has been giving IU opportunities to become great again. I don’t think IU listened to any of the signs because the guys running the show were too ego driven (Freddy, Aussie, etc)

We have and will have the opportunity to be good again and I don’t sense the poor ego with Dolson which would prevent us from seizing the opportunity…

I think Dusty May is a sign we’ve been given and I hope we seize the opportunity…

my gut tells me Pearl isn’t coming here, and it’ll all work out in the end 

Indiana can't afford to keep whiffing on hires, that's why I'd prefer we get as proven as we can.

I'd be thrilled with Pearl. IU could've hired him a couple time over the last 20 years probably so I don't see why they would look at him this time; plus a program that serious doesn't hire Mike Woodson period.

Indiana can't afford to keep whiffing on hires, that's why I'd prefer we get as proven as we can.
I'd be thrilled with Pearl. IU could've hired him a couple time over the last 20 years probably so I don't see why they would look at him this time; plus a program that serious doesn't hire Mike Woodson period.
They might be whiffing cause they refuse to go after the guys who are proven winners. I have no idea if true but if we could of had pearl we didn't whiff we just refused to hire him. Crean sort of hand some success but also crap seasons. Woodson had nothing in college. Plus the crean hire was probably the least attractive for coaches given it was a 100% complete rebuild with no portal.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Dude this is the bare minimum. What is another 4-5 wins for him? He’s a terrible coach. The rest of this season won’t somehow make him a good one 

23 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

They might be whiffing cause they refuse to go after the guys who are proven winners. I have no idea if true but if we could of had pearl we didn't whiff we just refused to hire him. Crean sort of hand some success but also crap seasons. Woodson had nothing in college. Plus the crean hire was probably the least attractive for coaches given it was a 100% complete rebuild with no portal.

We whiffed on the ones we hired. Outside of the final four run Crean was wildly mediocre.