Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

If he wins two of the last four he will be back.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

You think it’ll take two or do you think 1 would be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, cleeter said:

I think a win tonight would almost extinguish the coach talks. Woody has been saying not having X hurts them. X comes back and they win? That’ll make Woody and QB safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s coming back almost no matter what. 

This board is playing out a drama in their collective minds that doesn’t exist in real life. 

17 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I doubt this is the case, but wouldn’t it be neat if the team as been told that Woodson is going to “retire” after the season so they’re all coming together as a group to try to send things off on a high note, which is why they’re playing like they are tonight? 

(fingers crossed ha) 

This happened in Mike Davis's last year and the team rattled off five straight wins. It was kind of fun. I doubt the basketball gods would be that kind to us again. 

He’s coming back almost no matter what. 

This board is playing out a drama in their collective minds that doesn’t exist in real life. 
If he finished 0-9 that would be a very tough sell. But any win at all gives quinn all the amo he needs

This sucks. Woodson will 100% use this as proof that Xavier’s injuries were the reason we sucked, and Quinn will hold Us hostage for a fourth Woodson season. 
Quinn will look for any reason to continue this dumpster fire

4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

If he finished 0-9 that would be a very tough sell. But any win at all gives quinn all the amo he needs

If he finishes 2-7 and keeps it vs 0-9 and he doesn’t, then it doesn’t matter. That’s the decision making of an incompetent administration. The next coach will likely be as bad as the last.  

A good administration has the decision made. And if he’s gone we’d know about it. So options are either 1) he’s staying or 2) he might be gone but we have a reactionary, incompetent administration hiring the next coach.

Barring a miracle of luck, IU basketball is still dead for the near future. 

12 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

This happened in Mike Davis's last year and the team rattled off five straight wins. It was kind of fun. I doubt the basketball gods would be that kind to us again. 

Also got to the second round of the tournament 

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

So who do you want to talk about? Which coach has gathered this much smoke? 

I talked about a couple under the radar guys earlier, Pasternack, Princeton’s Henderson, and there are several others in addition to the other guys talked about in this thread, that I tend to think are more likely of a move the U would make (jmo). Pearl is only getting “smoke” on the bball boards, IU isn’t hiring a guy with past ncaa problems, Sampson ended that. 

Then again there’s always … BRAD STEVENS!!!!!!

:)

4 hours ago, Hornsby said:

How is Woodson iu bbal? Hs recruits 5 star players from prep schools and his teams can't shoot. How is that iu?

Yeah, I don't think you and I are on the same page regarding IUBB. I've already posted here where I stand on letting CMW go.