Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

7 minutes ago, AnotherSznOnTheBrink said:

I don’t think we should lose sight of the fact that our first round pick had a career night and we beat a mid Wiscy team by 4 at home. It was a nice win, but it’s not like there was some magical corner we turned. 

But Woody said that is Indiana basketball at its best last night. Beating a Wisconsin team that is 2-6 in February

6 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

For all you “Woody needs to go” guys - this doesn’t change a damn thing. Calm the heck down. You may still get your wish or may not but this doesn’t change it. 

The real question you should be asking is why did they play so much harder? Why when so many have said he has “lost the locker room”

If there was a deeper look and understanding of team psychology you might see it. If you have played at a high level, you might. If your extent of bb knowledge is watching and understanding analytics you might not. 

Feel free to answer that honestly. I promise you no matter how it may seem as a positive for Woody, your reply won’t be used in court when deciding Woody’s fate. 

I got my appropriate smart@$$ response out of the way, but I'll also take you up on the gracious offer to answer honestly. And this has been my answer since the Kansas game. This is a bad team. It's been the case since game one, as evidenced by it having nothing but unimpressive wins and a bunch of embarrassing losses. They are nothing if not consistent, but have been, all season, a bad team. Even bad teams have the ability to get up for a big game at home here and there (see: Kansas, Wisconsin). But hey, what do I know. The extent of my bb knowledge is just plain ol' watching.

16 minutes ago, AnotherSznOnTheBrink said:

I don’t think we should lose sight of the fact that our first round pick had a career night and we beat a mid Wiscy team by 4 at home. It was a nice win, but it’s not like there was some magical corner we turned. 

There isn't some magical corner to turn. 

We suck. 

Last night was about the ceiling of our capability, as long as XJ is either (out of sorts from injuries, or playing terrible)...... but last night being basically our ceiling.... is the issue. 

At this point this would be my email to Scott Dolson: 

To Mr. Scott Dolson,

Will Mike Woodson for sure be the coach at Indiana University next year?

Circle one: 

1. Yes 

2. No

3. Heck no, and I’m surprised you                                  even gave me option #1

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

His 5pts 1 assists and 5 turnovers were the difference. On the season we're minus 12 with him on the floor. He was benched earlier this season. So yeah sweet dreams of X coach. My goodness quit sending this guy out to talk to the media.

I got to bed each night dreaming we have a new coach, then I wake up realizing it was a nightmare and we still have Woody.

I knew he would make that type of statement.  I knew he would spin it in a way that X was the reason why we won that game.  Personally, he didn’t watch the same game that I did.  He sucked from my perspective and he had another minus in the +/- category.  I can’t root for IU to lose but with every stupid comment Woodson makes like that, I go that much closer to doing just that.  X isn’t the savior of IU basketball and when we come back down to our normal water level, we could and probably will lose the remainder of our games, then what excuse will he use?

6 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

For all you “Woody needs to go” guys - this doesn’t change a damn thing. Calm the heck down. You may still get your wish or may not but this doesn’t change it. 

The real question you should be asking is why did they play so much harder? Why when so many have said he has “lost the locker room”

If there was a deeper look and understanding of team psychology you might see it. If you have played at a high level, you might. If your extent of bb knowledge is watching and understanding analytics you might not. 

Feel free to answer that honestly. I promise you no matter how it may seem as a positive for Woody, your reply won’t be used in court when deciding Woody’s fate. 

I think there were at least a couple reasons. 1) they shot well all around and that kept them in the game.  Close game at home should always help.  Making shots, especially 3s really help. 
2) woody was far more energetic while coaching last night. Several times while the ball was in play he was a few steps out on the floor instructing. Teams feed off a coaches energy. At least once he was about 5’ out on the floor which I have not seen before.  

I found this comment funny on an article in ITH.  
“ I want to thank our fan base, the crowd, for going through what we all went through and still came back into the game and gave us the support we needed to get over the hump and win the game,” Mike Woodson said postgame. “I truly thank the fans.”

The hump is back!

14 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

See I take these comments differently. To me it seems almost like a plea for his job. He knows he's in deep water with his employer, just keep hammering home the excuses anyway you can and beg. X was the worst player on the floor last night for IU by a country mile. 

At this point I’ve fully bought in to the “Scott wants to make a move but Quinn and the donors don’t” angle. Idk if it’s true, but it makes sense. I view these comments as pleas for his job as well. I’m worried that they’ll work, though, because the people he's pleading to already don’t want to fire him. 

The fact we all agree (from what I can keep up with on here) Mike Woodson's job is more out of the AD's hands than in them says all we need to know about the problem in Bloomington for the last 2.5 decades. 

I would guess Scott Dolson went to bed and woke up with a sentiment matching our own, worrying his handlers will attempt to use last night's win and any thereafter to handcuff him from doing what's needed.