Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I haven’t listened to the senior day speeches but sounds like Trey and Leal ripped the fans and that was setup by their coach.  If that is the case, I for one will not be donating or buying any IU crap!  I have been watching IU basketball for over 50 years and I haven’t missed a game since 1985, and I have never seen any coach or player say anything negative about the fans! I’ve always heard we were the best fans in the world, but Woodson thinks we are nothing but worm dirt.  The guy gets his feelings hurt because he can’t do his job and now he’s convinced the players to attack the fans.  Not cool and I hope he gets fired and humiliated, he’s a turdbag that doesn’t deserve the toilet paper I flush down the toilet.  It’s because of us fans we give the players energy to win most of our home games plus we all contribute to Woodson, his staff and players salaries!  We are the stakeholders, we need to be treated as such or things could and will get much worse 

My first venture into IU fandom was watching the Steve Downing led team get screwed v UCLA. I am right there with you.

Still, do you want to root on guys who stand up for their coach and university? Regardless if they stepped on toes, they care enough to speak out. Neither you or I know that they were encouraged to say what they did by Woodson. Maybe they were. Again, the other side of the coin is that people have been critical about bringing in a bunch of guys in the portal who have no real connection to IU. 

So which is it? 

The “true fans” thing still makes me shake my head because it’s so juvenile. I’ve seen it defined as arrogance on Woodson’s part by several on here, but I believe it came from insecurity. I don’t hate Woodson and would never say that about him but he should’ve been above something like that. 
Could be he has a very thin skin. In his mind we are all supposed to love and worship him cause he played at iu 43 years ago.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Indiana will land sloppy seconds from Washington, Clemson, etc., Indiana will win 19 games next season and fail to make the tournament. Woodson will “retire”. 

If Woody doesn’t create a “Top25” team with the Universities expectations and the resources at his disposal, he should be fired before the transfer portal closes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

My first venture into IU fandom was watching the Steve Downing led team get screwed v UCLA. I am right there with you.

Still, do you want to root on guys who stand up for their coach and university? Regardless if they stepped on toes, they care enough to speak out. Neither you or I know that they were encouraged to say what they did by Woodson. Maybe they were. Again, the other side of the coin is that people have been critical about bringing in a bunch of guys in the portal who have no real connection to IU. 

So which is it? 

I am for them standing up for their coach but their coach hasn’t done his job and for some reason is blaming the fans instead of himself.  The fans help pay his salary and have a right to be angry for this miserable season, but instead he and his players attack the fans.  The only thing that this is going to accomplish is either the fans start lashing out during games more so than what has happened or the fans stop attending games.  Heck, maybe the start becoming Purdue fans, that’s where this is going.  By the way, you need to quit posting because you are a planted Woodson supporter, just like KathywithaC is, IMO

So, it looks like we will play Penn State, and if we win that game, Nebraska. Not the most daunting schedule but teams we lost to.

Whatever happens, happens. Regardless of the off the court stuff, if we win those two I don’t see how Woodson is fired 

1 minute ago, tyappleg said:

I'm not going to **** on Anthony Leal or Trey Galloway.  But after Mike Woodson made senior night all about Mike Woodson, my overwhelming thought right now is...

**** Mike Woodson. 

He took the best player in college basketball and a lottery guard to the round of 32 and acts as if he's God's gift to Indiana basketball.  If he gets it turned around, great.  I'll gladly eat crow.  But right now, I'm very much looking forward to the day he is no longer the basketball coach at Indiana University.  

He got blown out by 30 to St. Mary’s with basically the same roster. Embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, tyappleg said:

I'm not going to **** on Anthony Leal or Trey Galloway.  But after Mike Woodson made senior night all about Mike Woodson, my overwhelming thought right now is...

**** Mike Woodson. 

He took the best player in college basketball and a lottery guard to the round of 32 and acts as if he's God's gift to Indiana basketball.  If he gets it turned around, great.  I'll gladly eat crow.  But right now, I'm very much looking forward to the day he is no longer the basketball coach at Indiana University.  

Me too!  ME is a SOB!  

Woody learned from the best.  He is RMK in Knight's later years with his attitude.  Difference is Woody doesn't have banners hanging to give him the proverbial hall pass.
Knight and Woodson aren't comparable coaching wise or attitude wise. They are polar opposite. I don't recall Knight saying you don't or fans don't deserve a answer. He had a smartass remark. He wouldn't call out untrue fans he would call out his teams failures and what needs improved upon. Knight never wanted or called upon fans to support losing basketball as farvas I recall

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Just now, IUFAN1976 said:

I am for them standing up for their coach but their coach hasn’t done his job and for some reason is blaming the fans instead of himself.  The fans help pay his salary and have a right to be angry for this miserable season, but instead he and his players attack the fans.  The only thing that this is going to accomplish is either the fans start lashing out during games more so than what has happened or the fans stop attending games.  Heck, maybe the start becoming Purdue fans, that’s where this is going.  By the way, you need to quit posting because you are a planted Woodson supporter, just like KathywithaC is, IMO

I can only go by what I saw on tv today but it sure looked like SSAH was full and rocking 

1 minute ago, steubenhoosier said:

So, it looks like we will play Penn State, and if we win that game, Nebraska. Not the most daunting schedule but teams we lost to.

Whatever happens, happens. Regardless of the off the court stuff, if we win those two I don’t see how Woodson is fired 

He’s only getting fired if he gets a DUI or something of that nature. Not that I’m saying I hope that happens, but I think it would take something extreme at this point. 

1 hour ago, hoosierhoo said:

I’m sure this is pure copium, but…

If Woodson was really secure in the knowledge that he was coming back, would he feel the need to be so defensive and combative?

Or he’s so certain some donors have his back that he feels he can say anything he wants to other people 

It's confirmed Woodson isn't getting fired!. The draw looks promising let's freaking hope we win!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Steuben has been around for a long time. He used to post on HSN under the same name. So he's not a plant, even if you don't like his take.

“Adversity is part of sports, and for those of you who are so quick to give up and call for quits? There’s a reason you aren’t coaches.

So, relax. There’s no other coach in the country that I would trust with anything in my life than Coach Woodson and no other university that I would want to represent.”