Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

6 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Just so I'm not confused....Dusty May is not an Akron boy. He graduated HS from Eastern Greene in Bloomfield IN and then graduated from IU. He has not ties to any college coaching stints anywhere in the state of Ohio. I don't see the connection, unless Lebron just see the potential head coaching abilities of May at Ohio St. 

Sorry for the confusion... I meant that LeBron is an Akron boy... who loves him so tOSU... and as others have speculated, it's possible that James sees May as one who can be bought or at least influenced... I have no facts to add, just my best guess.

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well I will say that Woody hasn't given Rabby the respect he deserves this season either. Whether we like him or not Rabby is a good journalist. He covered the Pacers for years before coming to the IU basketball scene. 

Woody always gives him some smart a$$ answer to a question after a game. 

Wonder why

it would be fascinating, in a masochistic kind of way, if May went to Ohio State and Drew went to Louisville. Yikes...the BOT might have to request a "waiver" from the state legislature so they can (at least temporarily) meet in private

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

FWIW, I can tell you for a flat out fact that families of recruits and players read and post. Administrators and donors? I cannot say with certainty.

Not sure either, but I'd think that they do have their wetted finger in the air checking for wind direction and velocity...

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Well I will say that Woody hasn't given Rabby the respect he deserves this season either. Whether we like him or not Rabby is a good journalist. He covered the Pacers for years before coming to the IU basketball scene. 

Woody always gives him some smart a$$ answer to a question after a game. 

"I'm not going to sit here answer that question from the fans or you."

34 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Exactly!  He doesn’t seem to have a roster construction plan other than fill it with as high of recruits as possible no matter what position they play

Works for UK!

Just now, IUHoosierJoe said:

If I’m Dusty I’m not going anywhere near that job with someone—even if it’s LeBron—thinking they are going to be pulling strings.  Sounds an awful lot like being an athletic director and having a trustee thinking he can do my job.  No thanks.

Yeah, it depends on what you'd value. If Dusty really wants to be a great basketball coach, it's definitely not appealing because of all those strings attached. But if he's open minded to doing something similar to Brad Stevens... LeBron is a pretty good contact to land you in a cushy NBA FO role some day. We'll see what happens!

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will be honest I get all of my info from Causal Gamer Reed. If anyone knows who that is you get bonus points.

It looks like he still posts on YouTube multiple times a day and has 235K subscribers 

1 minute ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

It looks like he still posts on YouTube multiple times a day and has 235K subscribers 

Is it gaming talk or UK basketball? 

I can't believe he has that many people following him

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Is it gaming talk or UK basketball? 

I can't believe he has that many people following him

Gaming, UK basketball, and lots of fast food/snack reviews.  One of them is from last week him trying out Oreo Cakesters and the title of the video is "These Make Me Tingle Inside"

Edited by hoosiersoxfan

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

For everyone's benefit because it's been out in print before re:  Boogie Fland.  Woody went to a Fland game and it was a bad game in part because he was battling some injuries.  Regardless, Woody didn't like what he saw and we stopped recruiting him for a month or so.  Staff finally convinced Woody to take a second look and we jumped back in but by then it was late in the game.  IMO we were lucky to even be a Boogie finalist.

I hit like, but we need a pissed emoji.

I think the decision has already been made.  Dolson knows what he's going to do.  At least that's what I believe.  He understands what next year will be like,  I don't think Mike Woodson will be our coach next year.   I'm probably in the minority but, bad coaching isn't the only issue going on with our coach.

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

However; Rabjohns needs access and information from the administration and coaching staff. When Rabby puts all of his chips in on a litany of problems with Woody, to me that's a reasonable indication that Rabby thinks he can do so without losing his access from next year's head coach. In other words, Rabjohns clearly believes that pissing off Mike Woodson will be a moot point that will not be detrimental to him.

This is what I was alluding to. You put it much better than I could have.  

I remember during the Crean years when it was obvious to a large portion of the fan base, but not yet the IU administration, that Crean was losing his grip on Indiana HS recruiting, Rabjohns and Peegs would circle the subject but never really dive in. If you were adept at reading between the lines you could get the gist of it though. I don’t really read over there anymore but if he’s really going in like that, it is interesting, I think. 

33 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Sounds like Rabby just added a note on the Fland recruitment that will make some peoples blood boil. 

A lot of people on Trilly's discord are speculating Dolson must have asked Rabby to unload on Woody.

If so, kinda seems like it could be a next step of a process/plan. 1. Dolson knows he’s got the next guy he wants in the bag. 2. Start getting more word out from multiple outlets that moving on from Woodson sounds more and more like the better route to go. The more negativity that surrounds him with the program as coach, the more the right people behind the decisions go “ok we better do this.” 

Of course, this is me saying this based off if the speculation of Dolson doing that is true. 

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will be honest I get all of my info from Causal Gamer Reed. If anyone knows who that is you get bonus points.

Casual *** Marie?  His YouTube videos where he reviews every piece of junk food on the planet are amazing.  Or the one where he showed everyone the place that his wife had an affair.