Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

It’s crazy to know we have to lose out to feel confident we will make a change. Even if we happen to win a couple more, it’s not like it’s gonna make the fans think it’s worth staying the course with this coach. The way Woodson is acting, the way media is really starting to get vocal about a change, the way we’ve already lost games in ways we have no business losing them….this needs to end. Sucks that we think the only way administration 100% moves on is if we lose out. They should already be thinking we should with everything that has transpired up until today. It’s shameful. 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From The Daily Hoosier -

It's cherry picking the numbers a bit, but Indiana has more home losses by 14 or more points this season (3) than they had in their 6-25 first year Crean rebuild season in 08-09.

No need to cherry pick. From a metrics perspective, this season is one of our worst all time. We're currently 102 in KenPom. That puts us lower than Crean's 2011 season where we ended 12-20. Only 2009 and 2010 have been worse since KenPom rankings existed.

1 minute ago, FightFor6 said:

No need to cherry pick. From a metrics perspective, this season is one of our worst all time. We're currently 102 in KenPom. That puts us lower than Crean's 2011 season where we ended 12-20. Only 2009 and 2010 have been worse since KenPom rankings existed.

Mike Woodson doesn't care what the computers say.

What's frustrating to me is all these people saying Indiana fans think they're bluebloods and have unrealistic expectations. This isn't even close to true. We aren't asking to be Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas. We just want to be as consistent as Wisconsin, Virginia, Texas, Baylor, and *gasp* Purdue.

Consistently in the tournament,  usually a 4-6 seed, occasionally in contention to make a deep run. We aren't asking for the world. Hopefully someone can get us there soon.

37 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I don’t doubt their loyalty, only their competence.  

Honestly, the taking a big swing at Stevens, missing, and scrambling to fill a spot with a respected older alum to bridge the gap is defensible in many respects. Personally, I never imagined he was this bad with fundamentals or Xs and Os, And I’m sure they didn’t either.   

I think swinging for the fences is fine... put your best package together and go for it... but have a freaking backup plan... the odds were pretty great that Stevens (and Donovan before him) were not coming... so give them your best shot, but then be ready when they say "no". 

The Woodson hire was a knee-jerk, panic reaction ... and it looked like there was no way Dolson thought Stevens could say no... Stevens and his wife played Dolson like a cheap fiddle, and Dolson had no idea what his next move was. It was, IMO, incompetence on display.

29 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Woody was fired from the knicks after three seasons when he made the playoffs the first two seasons.

He made a late run and lost in the first round in year one. He finished second in conference and made it to the second round in year two. Then the wheels completely fell off in year three when he had more control over the roster and playing time. He was let go. 

Hoping this is exactly how it plays out here soon.

Yeah, I think I've seen this movie... it has a happy ending (the coach gets his walking papers).

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From The Daily Hoosier -

It's cherry picking the numbers a bit, but Indiana has more home losses by 14 or more points this season (3) than they had in their 6-25 first year Crean rebuild season in 08-09.

Yeesh....and that 08-09 time was basically a group of walk on players.  Not a good look.

So are we finally done with the hiring an iu guy experiment or is Wittman up next!

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

It's not that we hired a iu guy. It's he had zero experience. The interview was a complete failure! Some screwed up. In over his head isn't the proper description. This guy had no clue what he is doing at all

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, hper50 said:

What's frustrating to me is all these people saying Indiana fans think they're bluebloods and have unrealistic expectations. This isn't even close to true. We aren't asking to be Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas. We just want to be as consistent as Wisconsin, Virginia, Texas, Baylor, and *gasp* Purdue.

Consistently in the tournament,  usually a 4-6 seed, occasionally in contention to make a deep run. We aren't asking for the world. Hopefully someone can get us there soon.

I want to be Duke/UNC/Uk/Kansas, lol. 

It's not that we hired a iu guy. It's he had zero experience. The interview was a complete failure! Some screwed up. In over his head isn't the proper description. This guy had no clue what he is doing at all

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Correct but will the we gotta get an iu guy crowd at least be quiet now.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Wow, just got finished going through this thread. We did some work boys. 

Couple of points:

1. We should cool it with all the hate. I get we all love IU, but the hate for Dolson, Buckner, Woody and everyone involved is getting a little much. It seems to me that Woody is old, lacks the energy to be a coach in this day and age, and inflexible. That enough justifies a change, but I also believe he is a good man. Dolson is a great AD, if you understand college athletics at all, you understand that. Buckner is a legend. He cares, he wanted a return to the tradition of the IU program in the last cycle just like we all did. We are running our coach, a program legend, off in his third year. I believe it needs to be done but its sad. 

2. This next year is going to be crazy if we move. All 2-time transfers are immediately eligible now so its going to be true free agency. Further evidence to move now. 

3. Wtf did Trilly say?

4. Please god not Bruce Pearl. If we smite our program for Sampson and then 15 years later hire another old scumbag I will not be happy. Some of y'all will say winning is all that matters. It's not a choice between losing with a good person and winning with a bad, we can win with either and I'd prefer someone who isn't a known bad guy. Young, energetic, modern offense, experience with modern college basketball, and preferably an appreciation for what the Indiana job is. There are a few guys I would understand. But not Pearl.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I want to be Duke/UNC/Uk/Kansas, lol. 

Right...

How do they have coaching changes and not miss a beat.  To me it goes beyond coaching at IU.  One down year is one thing, but we have not been a good consistent program in some time now. 

1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

Right...

How do they have coaching changes and not miss a beat.  To me it goes beyond coaching at IU.  One down year is one thing, but we have not been a good consistent program in some time now. 

Yeah, they got guys who had never been HC's before and they are rolling because they have a brand. We aren't that brand anymore, thats why I favor a program builder. 

2 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I cannot imagine any coach who is seriously interested in the Indiana job would (1) not already know what a train wreck it's been this season, and (2) seek out answers to WHY this this is a cluster****... do their due diligent to recognize what is really happening in Bloomington, and then so some serious soul searching to determine if (1) it's worth their effort, and (2) if they really think that they can make a difference/succeed at Indiana.

Only a fool would take the job oblivious to what's been going on, and without seriously evaluating their honest chance of survival here.

The administration has definitely created a conundrum and I am afraid that any quality coach in their right mind would see what buffoons our administration is and won’t have any part of it.  We will have to settle for getting Tom Crean back, because “it’s Indiana”