Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

Also…I’ve been busy today. This thread literally grows faster than I can read it. Anyone care to give a end of the day 20ish page recap? I did get through C(K)athys initial post and the fallout. Thanks!

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

Also…I’ve been busy today. This thread literally grows faster than I can read it. Anyone care to give an end of the day 20ish page recap? I did get through C(K)athys initial post and the fallout. Thanks!

Think that and Jerry's posts have kept this group humming all day lol 

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

Also…I’ve been busy today. This thread literally grows faster than I can read it. Anyone care to give a end of the day 20ish page recap? I did get through C(K)athys initial post and the fallout. Thanks!

Yeagley's are the key posts. Go through his history.  Meeting Tuesday, we'll know more then.  

5 hours ago, KathywithaC said:

I understand your concern but I’m not here as an influencer. Some things have been suggested or even alleged that aren’t accurate and I wanted to share what I know. Your skepticism is both understandable and welcome, but that’s why I posted. If you have other questions for me, I’ll do my best to provide answers, including telling you I don’t know. I just wanted to address the Dolson versus Buckner narrative, which I don’t believe is accurate on any way for the reasons I listed, as well as a few others that I can’t confirm bit believe to be true.

Thank you for posting this @KathywithaC. It's refreshing to have a source who can help us find some clarity, whether it's the answer/result we want or not.

1 minute ago, iubhounds2 said:

He doesn't mean that at all. What he means is if Lebron wanted May at OSU and his son would go there ... Then why wouldn't the IU recruit want to play of May if he was IU's coach next year.

Because McNeeley was coming here for NBA level training and a shot at winning big. Why would he place his career in the hands of an unproven entity (from his vantage point) like May when he could instead just go to Kansas to play for Bill Self?

Wow what a read! Love it that you guys are crazy lol. I feel we may be getting trolled by some members of another fanbase or some of our own are having a lite fun with us. Either way it's interesting.
I know this may not be a popular opinion but dusty is the obvious choice. The fan base was excited about him last year in the tournament. Not everyone wants him but alot do. He is a gamble but my gut says the iu administration knows 2 things. Woodson isn't a long term solution and looks like a disaster in the short term if you retain him. If you don't gamble on dusty and he goes elsewhere and succeeds the fallout would be devastating. The gamble is easy imo. I would be stoked for pearl but immediately fearing his age. Then factor in the optics of throwing all your chips on pearl and he fails here as well. All hope would then be lost. I wanted Archie and he beyond failed! No way that could ever happen again to us!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Just wait til next year. And again I did not think trey, malik, and MM were leaving. It caught me by complete surprise and now I got all these new guys. They may all be seniors but we are so young It's going to take time guys and in year 5 I can likely get over the hump.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

unless we get rid of the hump after we flame out in the BTT.

Seems to me that May will be the compromise candidate.

100% speculation but if Dolson and Buckner don't see eye to eye, Buckner won't get in the way of Dolson removing Woody. But he will use his influence to block Dolson's supposed top target. The Tuesday conversation with big boys and girls at the table sit down to hash out: is he staying, is he going?

If he's staying, we get a short statement of confidence after the season ends. If he's not, he "retires" when the season ends and May is the guy who everyone could get on board with. 

Just ramblings from a guy on a message board! Know absolutely nothing lol

21 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I do wonder if it's possible that May/Pearl are simply smokescreens and Dolson has someone else in mind.  Probably not but you never know.  It just seemed like every hire since Davis was fired all came out of left field.  We all thought we were getting Lon Kruger at one point lol.  Dolson just seems to run a tight ship so not sure he'd allow anything to leak.  Chris himself said he didn't know about the Allen firing until the day or or the day before.  I'm not talking the pipe dream 1/1000000 candidates (Billy, BS, Jay) just maybe someone else we aren't talking about.

I'm aware I'm in the big minority here, but I want it to be Beard