Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana vs Undue Purversity, Thursday, 7:00 pm

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

+/- minutes for tonight's game.

Jordan Geronimo +17

Trey Galloway +15

Rob Phinisee +15

Tamar Bates +11

Everyone else was in the negatives.

I’m a broken record but don’t start Kopp and Stewart together. Just don’t.

Those 2 wing guys, that are primarily in the game to score, combined for 2 points in 31 minutes.

Aside from that….great, thrilling, fantastic win. We are getting our home court mojo back and the players are in-line with Woody. Let’s get the next 2 and continue the path to the dance….!

Just now, DChoosier said:

I’m a broken record but don’t start Kopp and Stewart together. Just don’t.

Our 2 wing guys, that are primarily in the game to score, combined for 2 points in 31 minutes.

Aside from that….great, thrilling, fantastic win. We are getting our home court mojo back and the players are in-line with Woody. Let’s get the next 2 and continue the path to the dance….!

Woodson in his postgame said he thought that Kopp and Parker "played pretty good defense". I think that's being kind as that's not how I would describe it. Fully expect the same starting 5 on Sunday, but I hope that we can get more fluid with the rotations when guys are playing well. Phin and Trey spent too long on the bench in the second half for my taste

Just now, kreigh8 said:

Woodson in his postgame said he thought that Kopp and Parker "played pretty good defense". I think that's being kind as that's not how I would describe it. Fully expect the same starting 5 on Sunday, but I hope that we can get more fluid with the rotations when guys are playing well. Phin and Trey spent too long on the bench in the second half for my taste

Parker played pretty good defense on Ivey relative to, like, me. But…yeah no. 

11 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I don't understand why they didn't give Edey/Ivey the ball every single possession. Our defense is elite but still. I think those two are unstoppable. 

There were possessions in which neither of them could get the ball because of our defense.  

This. My biggest complaint so far with the coaching staff. Thrilled for the win and there’s so much to like. But they gotta quit being so stubborn. Galloway and Phin had no business not seeing the floor the first 8 minutes of the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Parker played pretty good defense on Ivey relative to, like, me. But…yeah no. 

I think Parker has to play as if he's on with his shot he really helps the team stretch the floor which is a need. But when he's not hitting shots it's hard to justify his minutes in my view. Jury is still out on Kopp for me

2 minutes ago, DLG3 said:

This. My biggest complaint so far with the coaching staff. Thrilled for the win and there’s so much to like. But they gotta quit being so stubborn. Galloway and Phin had no business not seeing the floor the first 8 minutes of the second half.

14-4 , 12-0 at home. ...

Fair but at the end I greatly appreciated how we did not look at TJD, Race or X but we ran not one but 2 plays for Rob. Archie would have forced it down low.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

I think Parker has to play as if he's on with his shot he really helps the team stretch the floor which is a need. But when he's not hitting shots it's hard to justify his minutes in my view. Jury is still out on Kopp for me

I’m a big proponent of splitting the 2 up. I’d almost start Miller because Stewart being a flamethrower off the bench could really be beneficial. If he comes in hot, just ride him until the fire goes out. You could then start a better defender next to X and really set the tone on defense instead of starting out down 10 seemingly every night. (Not that that issue falls solely on Parker though)