Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana vs Undue Purversity, Thursday, 7:00 pm

The post game hype video, top notch! Couple things stood out to me though, Woody talking to the team: “be humble, be humble, it’s only one game, who’s next?” And “no matter who comes in this house, they gotta search somewhere else to get a win!” I love it, I love it, I love it!!

2 hours ago, HoosierX said:

I was living in Houston at the time and we had a pretty solid game watch group at a place called Luke’s Ice House.  Watching those Michigan games Vic’s last year was some of the most fun I’ve had watching IU sports.

Zeller carried us on his back that last game against UM.

I can't believe McGary was dumb enough to talk smack about Zeller before that game... Then Cody had some put back dunks over top of him... Cody had 19 and 10 that game. All starters had double figures. Yogi shut down Stauskas. Burke had 25 but I don't believe he scored a single point when Oladipo was guarding him. Then Zeller had 25 and 10 in that B1G title sealing game. I still feel Zeller got screwed out of B1G POY. He got beat up by the media throughout the season. 

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Vic wasn't on that team where we had a 28-0 run, that was in 2016

Yes i know and that’s been pointed out already - but he destroyed UM bf in their house when we had to win it to claim the B1G, one of my favorite games of his

Still thinking about the game. In general I’m of the opinion coaches are too quick to bench their best players with foul trouble but, at least in the first half, I think CMW made the right call with TJD Thursday.

IU wasn’t going to win a high-octane shootout with this Purdue team, and PU would’ve attacked TJD if he stayed in w/2 fouls. PU’s posts and coach are too good not to, which would’ve meant either a diminished defense or a 3rd foul (or some of the former and eventually the latter).

Instead, Race, Geronimo, and Durr were stout, and the offense was good enough.

Maybe TJD should’ve gotten more burn in the second half, but he may be our only big fast enough and savvy enough to slide with Ivey on that SLOB DHO, force a tough shot, then dribble out the rebound, and if he’d fouled out, he couldn’t have done so.

41 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Still thinking about the game. In general I’m of the opinion coaches are too quick to bench their best players with foul trouble but, at least in the first half, I think CMW made the right call with TJD Thursday.

IU wasn’t going to win a high-octane shootout with this Purdue team, and PU would’ve attacked TJD if he stayed in w/2 fouls. PU’s posts and coach are too good not to, which would’ve meant either a diminished defense or a 3rd foul (or some of the former and eventually the latter).

Instead, Race, Geronimo, and Durr were stout, and the offense was good enough.

Maybe TJD should’ve gotten more burn in the second half, but he may be our only big fast enough and savvy enough to slide with Ivey on that SLOB DHO, force a tough shot, then dribble out the rebound, and if he’d fouled out, he couldn’t have done so.

Had zero problem with sitting Trayce in the 1st half. Didn’t mind the timing of his use in the 2nd half, either. But what I thought Woody absolutely got wrong was starting Trayce on Edey in the 2nd half instead of Gillis. You knew they were gonna drive the ball into Edey and he was either going to get good look after good look, you were gonna have to run doubles at him and risk giving up open 3’s, or he’d draw a cheap foul. And it took a minute. 

40 minutes ago, Demo said:

Had zero problem with sitting Trayce in the 1st half. Didn’t mind the timing of his use in the 2nd half, either. But what I thought Woody absolutely got wrong was starting Trayce on Edey in the 2nd half instead of Gillis. You knew they were gonna drive the ball into Edey and he was either going to get good look after good look, you were gonna have to run doubles at him and risk giving up open 3’s, or he’d draw a cheap foul. And it took a minute. 

Agree here. CMW and Painter coached good games, but Demo’s point and waiting pretty deep into the 2nd half to get Trey back in to cover Ivey stand out as choices that IU might like back in a different outcome.

Painter may have made other blunders but the one that stands out is sitting Ivey with 2 fouls for the last five minutes or so of the first half, during which IU built a healthy lead. Maybe he needed to cool off after his flagrant, maybe he needed a break, but that segment was pretty choppy and he might have even been able to go offense/defense a little.

Plus a perimeter player is easier to hide with foul trouble, and Ivey finished with three total fouls.

51 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Michael Durr played well against Edey, better than TJD did (and they both scored 4 points against Purdue). TJD's foul trouble may have actually helped IU's chances.

I actually thought that!  I think it was a blessing in disguise!

Two thoughts:

Was Phin's breakout game against purdoodoo Devonte Green's "cheat code" game against FSU several years back?

If Archie sucked the confidence out of the team and forced them into slow play could you imagine Devonte Green getting four years with a different coach? He might have set a record for shot attempts!

19 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Phinisee, Galloway and Johnson were a combined 0-8 from three. Stewart and Kopp were 4-7 from three.

P Stew 0-2 from three with game undecided (think 0-2 on hitting anything), 3-4 with game decided (meatchicken 10+ point lead, last 8ish minutes of the game)

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

P Stew 0-2 from three with game undecided (think 0-2 on hitting anything), 3-4 with game decided (meatchicken 10+ point lead, last 8ish minutes of the game)

^This^

And Parker Stewart's defense mightily contributed to that Michigan lead.