Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana vs Undue Purversity, Thursday, 7:00 pm

Really fascinating matchup from our perspective. I'll be curious to see how Woody handles.....pretty much everything on Thursday. Who guards who, who gets minutes, etc. This will be our best atmosphere of the year, and Miro Little is still planning on coming right? Could be a big night for the program.

They appear to be better at every position on the floor except possibly center. And, they have two of those. We have home court. It will take everyone's best game of the season and laser focus on the defensive end. Looks like a mismatch on paper. But, as we've seen so many times, there's a reason we play the games.

58 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Really fascinating matchup from our perspective. I'll be curious to see how Woody handles.....pretty much everything on Thursday. Who guards who, who gets minutes, etc. This will be our best atmosphere of the year, and Miro Little is still planning on coming right? Could be a big night for the program.

Miro Little is on a ten day tour of three US universities, and Baylor and Nova will have finished their scheduled visits by then. He will be there, and an IU win over Puddeww will be transcendental for him if he is fortunate enough to witness one.

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

They appear to be better at every position on the floor except possibly center. And, they have two of those. We have home court. It will take everyone's best game of the season and laser focus on the defensive end. Looks like a mismatch on paper. But, as we've seen so many times, there's a reason we play the games.

Not true; Race Thompson is a decided advantage for us over Gillis, who is efficient but is a secondary player for them. 

Also, X is a wash when compared with Hunter/Isaiah Thompson. X is far more volatile, but also has more ability than either.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Miro Little is on a ten day tour of three US universities, and Bayor and Nova will have finished their scheduled visits by then. He will be there, and an IU win over Puddeww will be transcendental for him if he is fortunate enough to witness one.

And not because we won, but the party - if he chooses to partake - because we won. Tough to go anywhere but IU after being a part of a Bloomington sports celebration.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Not true; Race Thompson is a decided advantage for us over Gillis, who is efficient but is a secondary player for them. 

Also, X is a wash when compared with Hunter/Isaiah Thompson. X is far more volatile, but also has more ability than either.

I'm just hoping for 1 game X can keep his head...every game, almost, he wants to get in a peeing match with the opposing PG. Like I love the fight in him, and I love the competitiveness, but he has to be in control of his emotions in a gigantic game like this.

Uhh... Yea... I don't see this being close. Unfortunately, having to deal with Edey is a lot for TJD with about 6 inches to make up for. And we don't have a player on the roster that can defend Ivey in the open court. Geronimo probably is the only one in Iveys league when it comes to athleticism. Then Williams coming off the bench. It's not often you have two All-Big Ten centers. That's tough. It's a good team. This Indiana teams needs to understand that they are the hunters and not the hunted to even have any chance of winning. I'm saying Purdue wins by 15+. 

9 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Uhh... Yea... I don't see this being close. Unfortunately, having to deal with Edey is a lot for TJD with about 6 inches to make up for. And we don't have a player on the roster that can defend Ivey in the open court. Geronimo probably is the only one in Iveys league when it comes to athleticism. Then Williams coming off the bench. It's not often you have two All-Big Ten centers. That's tough. It's a good team. This Indiana teams needs to understand that they are the hunters and not the hunted to even have any chance of winning. I'm saying Purdue wins by 15+. 

And yet Wisconsin and Rutgers somehow did kinda okay against them. 

16 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

This is where you have to remember there are two sides of the court, in regards to Edey.  Sure he is a monumental task to guard...but holy cow, he has the foot speed of a sloth on the defensive end. (A tall one at that).  TJD or Race, whoever he is guarding needs to expose him on that end. It would be nice if they could put in a 15 footer or two to make him guard closer away from the basket, then just take him off the dribble with ease.  Ivey will be tough, I almost wonder if we might try some zone against them, but we haven't ran much of that so far.

3 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

This is where you have to remember there are two sides of the court, in regards to Edey.  Sure he is a monumental task to guard...but holy cow, he has the foot speed of a sloth on the defensive end. (A tall one at that).  TJD or Race, whoever he is guarding needs to expose him on that end. It would be nice if they could put in a 15 footer or two to make him guard closer away from the basket, then just take him off the dribble with ease.  Ivey will be tough, I almost wonder if we might try some zone against them, but we haven't ran much of that so far.

Even without the threat of a 15 footer, we could force Edey to have to help with ball screens. Running some of those sets to get P Stew open or forcing a switch to get Race and Trayce open around the basket could do wonders. We do have to be hitting from outside because even TJD will struggle with Edey or Williams plus guards/wings digging or doubling.