Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

This will get dealt with quickly.  People on a free message board were wrong.  That’s it nothing more about it.   Griping and moaning about being played isnt going to go far.   Sucks but that’s it.    Dolson did what we all wanted and went after his number  1.   He declined so now he will move on and make the decision he feels is best for the program 

I agree but should never say that anything is a done deal

10 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Hmm...that sounds like a very definite answer to me. If I heard this from other guys, I would've taken with a grain of salt, but Stevens is just not the type of guy to answer things one way and then to flip it to the other way. 

1 minute ago, DylanBeach33 said:

I get everyone is upset but idk what you guys thought he would say. I doubt brad would have come out and say yes to Goodman’s question right before coaching a game for the Celtics. 

“I don’t know why you guys keep asking me this. My answer is the same. I’m the head basketball coach of the Boston Celtics and my focus is to turn this season...nothing else”

3 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It was dead when they decided to keep Mike Davis after his first season. 

Yet we were 10 minutes away from a championship with Davis

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I agree but should never say that anything is a done deal

It’s a free board if posters want to say that that’s fine.   It’s up to each poster to either listen to them or gather as much information from all places and make their own decision 

These kind of reactions are honestly embarrassing IMO. Chris and 0807 offer free insider info and we should all be excited that Dolson did a full court press on an elite coach. Even if we don’t get Stevens we’ll end up with a great coach. The future is bright in Bloomington. 

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

These kind of reactions are honestly embarrassing IMO. Chris and 0807 offer free insider info and we should all be excited that Dolson did a full court press on an elite coach. Even if we don’t get Stevens we’ll end up with a great coach. The future is bright in Bloomington. 

Is it though??  We paid 10mm and don't know who are coach is/will be??  Tough to say that with certainty

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

If what we've seen over the past few minutes is true and he's staying in Boston, don't jump all over Chris and IUwins0708. 

They're just relaying best info they had. 

It appears Dolson put the full-court press on Brad -- and Ainge and the Celtics broke it. 

Again, if true -- we're all disappointed. No need to get snarky. 

just don't say it was a done deal then

Just now, IUCane said:

Is it though??  We paid 10mm and don't know who are coach is/will be??  Tough to say that with certainty

I mean IU fired Archie like 4 days ago. Would you rather have a 5th year with Archie? 

1 minute ago, LookatthestonesonDolson said:

I am white hot pissed for falling for this again. I wish the a$$ utter failure the rest of his career. 

I can’t blame him for wanting to stay in Boston. I hope he wins a title this year.