Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Proof once again IU men’s basketball gave a teaser game in Iowa win.  I have seen this time and time again even before Woodson era and after Knight era.

Proof once again IU men’s basketball gave a teaser game in Iowa win.  I have seen this time and time again even before Woodson era and after Knight era.
I didn't understand the excitement over barely beating iowa. I get it was a win but nothing had really changed we are still a bad team.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

It’s been a common occurrence for the last 3 coaches. Each time half of everyone calls out that it’s a fluke and the other half ridicules those people for being negative after a win. Rinse repeat. We’re trapped in an endless time loop of ****. 

12 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I didn't understand the excitement over barely beating iowa. I get it was a win but nothing had really changed we are still a bad team.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Not just a bad team IU men’s basketball is a bad program with no positive Self Image, No direction, and out of shape.

20 hours ago, cthomas said:

Teams still had to win the conference to get in early in Coach Knight's tenure. IU played in a postseason tournament for conference runners-up in 1974 called something like the commissioner's tourney or something like that.

The 75-76 season was the first year that more than one team in a conference could be in the NCAA tourney.  And of course, in that first year, the Big Ten had both of the final two teams in the Final Four (IU vs UM).

On 2/2/2024 at 12:03 PM, realTomCrean said:

Ball is in Woody's court. Winning will solve all and shut all most mouths. 

Ball dropped. Hoping IU administration chooses the program over a highly rated incoming recruit. Woody has to be fired, any serious program would do it. Crean got fired after winning B1G twice in 4 years 

3 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

The problem with Woodson is his schematics suck. Everybody sees this. He's not a college coach. There's just no hope unless he gets generational talents at all positions. 

Mediocre in the NBA a decade ago and then no one hired him for a HC job for almost a decade. One thing that I don't see brought up very often is the fact that he wasn't a coach anywhere in the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 seasons. Dude was out of coaching entirely for two years! That's the guy IU decided to hire! It was such a joke of a decision and we're seeing it play out right in front of us. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Mediocre in the NBA a decade ago and then no one hired him for a HC job for almost a decade. One thing that I don't see brought up very often is the fact that he wasn't a coach anywhere in the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 seasons. Dude was out of coaching entirely for two years! That's the guy IU decided to hire! It was such a joke of a decision and we're seeing it play out right in front of us. 

Yup. No college program would've ever have hired Woodson. Just shocking. May and Buckner need to have serious talks with him and get him to walk. This is abysmal.