Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

Might be my imagination, but I've noticed an uptick in pro-Woodson talk from new accounts on some iu sites I frequent. 

I do think the athletic department is going all out on positive PR for Woodson.

Just to add to the rah rah conspiracy. Miller Kopp joins  Hooiser nation fans  page today  on Facebook. Per admins tku post for joining . Lol

3 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Interesting and if so, I cannot fault Dolson for doing what he can to buy some time (assuming another buyout would be problematic).  It may be hard to keep fans at Assembly Hall from turning on him if we finish really poorly this year though.  When fans start to boo at home games ADs tend to react ahead of schedule.

They can blow all the warm air up our skirts that they want, it doesn't change the fact that Woodson is in over his head and the natives are restless... No matter how much time Dolson and the university is able to buy, it won't change the fact that by the time they decide to do something, the basketball program will be that much farther down the rabbit hole.

20 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Might be my imagination too, but I'm pretty sure the same thing happened the year Crean was fired. All kinds of sentimental word salads about how he brought us back from the depths, bad look to fire him a year after winning the Big Ten, etc. 

Crean did that in like 2015 when he supposedly had the Alabama job lined up. Not sure if anyone remembers those bizarre interviews he did.

When he was fired, he said his biggest regret was not hiring a PR firm to temper the expectations for 2014. If that’s your strategy then you’re not a good fit at Indiana. 

Crean did that in like 2015 when he supposedly had the Alabama job lined up. Not sure if anyone remembers those bizarre interviews he did.
When he was fired, he said his biggest regret was not hiring a PR firm to temper the expectations for 2014. If that’s your strategy then you’re not a good fit at Indiana. 

And yet here we are and the athletic department/is running that spin today.

Might be my imagination, but I've noticed an uptick in pro-Woodson talk from new accounts on some iu sites I frequent.  I do think the athletic department is going all out on positive PR for Woodson. 

One win at home and we are headed to the final four it seems. Yep the pro Woodson talk is amazing today. The assembly call guys sounded like we just won a national title last night.  Once we beat penn state will the contract extension talk start up?

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

One win at home and we are headed to the final four it seems. Yep the pro Woodson talk is amazing today.

Now you know how it feels when, after a close road loss, people think IU should go to the MAC.

Now you know how it feels when, after a close road loss, people think IU should go to the MAC.

I still think Woodson is a shitty coach. Go win at Ohio state and purdue and maybe we might be onto something.

Might be my imagination too, but I'm pretty sure the same thing happened the year Crean was fired. All kinds of sentimental word salads about how he brought us back from the depths, bad look to fire him a year after winning the Big Ten, etc. 
I remember hearing Bob Kravitz right before crean was fired screaming you cannot fire him he just won a big ten title last year
He is safe no way they fire him.

6 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I still think Woodson is a shitty coach. Go win at Ohio state and purdue and maybe we might be onto something.

Well, he did do that last year.  I am not sure he is the guy to get us over the hump and certainly have doubts but he seems far from a terrible coach.

16 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Well, he did do that last year.  I am not sure he is the guy to get us over the hump and certainly have doubts but he seems far from a terrible coach.

And like last year, winning at Ohio State is not exactly the standard of excellence. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

And like last year, winning at Ohio State is not exactly the standard of excellence. 

And after winning at both places, it didn't change anyone's mind on how they viewed him as a coach. 

This is a really good analysis of some changes we have made on defense. I say it is really good because I have often said we help too much on D so if this agrees with me it must be good. Shows Woody and staff may not be as completely stubborn as we often assume. 

https://x.com/coachadragna/status/1752756308216819776?s=46&t=TVhilboXP9p7V48uwSRKqQ

I would consider a good coach somebody who can get us to at last the sweet sixeteen. Even crean did that any many thought he stunk.

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

This is a really good analysis of some changes we have made on defense. I say it is really good because I have often said we help too much on D so if this agrees with me it must be good. Shows Woody and staff may not be as completely stubborn as we often assume. 

https://x.com/coachadragna/status/1752756308216819776?s=46&t=TVhilboXP9p7V48uwSRKqQ

I'm glad we could crowdsource defensive changes for Woodson.  

In comparison to a home win vs iowa it is. I am just saying winning a game you are supposed towin doesn't suddenly mean we are back. Go win games you aren't supposed to win. And pretty much you have to now win those games to have any shot at the ncaa. Winning all the remaining home games won't really do much or the resume now the teams we play are not good enough.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

IU didn’t play at Ohio St last year 

IU was 5-7 in roads games last year though.  @Purdue, @Illinos, @xavier, @Minny and @Michigan.   Honestly that’s a really good road record for a year.   IU earned a protected seed with an under .500 road record should show just how hard it is winning on the road