Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

I don’t know why we make this harder than it needs to be. If we are serious about winning throw out a salary of $10M a year. Demand that the basketball program pisses excellence and tell everyone to grab a cup. If you can’t deliver, you are gone. Pay for excellence, demand excellence, settle for nothing else. This isn’t a fu€king charity, it is a meritocracy. 

Woodson is going through what Tom Allen just went thru because both were bad undeserved lackluster experience hires specific to respective positions except one was for football and the other basketball.

Beards a great coach. I doubt we even call him. I’d offer a boatload of money to Drew and Lloyd and hope one says yes. With our luck they both probs say no. I actually do really like scherz and have found myself watching all of their games since ours are so painful. I like may also but I’ve seen their team come out flat a lot this year. Musselman I think would be good here but he’s had a very bad year this year so idk.

11 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

Beards a great coach. I doubt we even call him. I’d offer a boatload of money to Drew and Lloyd and hope one says yes. With our luck they both probs say no. I actually do really like scherz and have found myself watching all of their games since ours are so painful. I like may also but I’ve seen their team come out flat a lot this year. Musselman I think would be good here but he’s had a very bad year this year so idk.

NO on Musselman. Drew would be good, but he's not coming. Beard may be able to fix this, but the admin will never even make the call... Scherz is interesting, but still a bit of an unknown with something to prove. And add Dusty to the list.

49 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

Better yet take Painter from Purdue.  Some PU fans wanted him gone last year.  Seriously though I’d love to get someone like Pearl or Drew.  We would need a big hire to show that we are serious (if we even are anymore).  Hiring a mid major coach even if successful at their current school is something any other power 5 school can do.

We hired a guy that hadn't been a HC in nearly 10 years because he played here 40 years ago. We should probably just assume they're not serious.

That's closer to being administrative malpractice.

I remember it was rumored that Archie didn’t have the personality for this job and that was one of the reasons he failed outside the bad coaching. Idk is that a worry for May at all. He doesn’t show much emotion on the sideline which is all I’m basing it off of

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I guess people can continue to call for us to hire Chris Beard. But I think shouting at the rain would be more productive. 

If Whitten put the kibosh on Pat Fitzgerald's candidacy as our football coach, she sure as hell ain't gonna give a thumbs up to Beard. 

I mean, keep calling for Beard if you want -- but there's really no point. 

Then she needs to go immediately.  Dolson should hold a press conference and tell the entire state how and why he is being handicapped.

42 minutes ago, TTT said:

Woodson is going through what Tom Allen just went thru because both were bad undeserved lackluster experience hires specific to respective positions except one was for football and the other basketball.

Hey I am trying to watch your sycamore candidate but the Florida game is running over.  Can you call someone 

Here's what needs to happen. Find the absolute best coach available within reason (guessing guys like Beard and Pearl won't pass muster with Whitten & Co.), and when he arrives for his interview, present him with these. 

That way, you have a guy with Indiana ties ... 

EW-8405-1.jpg EW-5358-1.jpg

8 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Just me, but I think the next coach at IU will be Dusty May.  Just have to see when that happens.

Being in the Tampa area now I see Florida Atlantic is playing at USF in a couple weeks. I might need to prioritize that. 

32 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

I remember it was rumored that Archie didn’t have the personality for this job and that was one of the reasons he failed outside the bad coaching. Idk is that a worry for May at all. He doesn’t show much emotion on the sideline which is all I’m basing it off of

I don't remember Archie smiling.  He always seemed to have the weight of the world on his shoulders.  I have seen Dusty smiling on the sideline.  I have no idea what his off-court demeanor is like. The next coach should have a confident and positive personality, but not as manic as Tom Crean.  

I bet IU could convince Alford to come here, he will our be better than Woodson and has coached at a Power 5 school.  Not saying I want him but if you are going after a mid-major coach, Alford is that guy, anyone else is unproven and we end up with another Archie Miller issue 
Alford is CAM 2.0

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk