Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

In my opinion, the concerns over the ‘lateness’ of a Coach Stevens arrival (saying Coach Stevens sounds good), should he be the next coach, are offset by a few things:

- what he could do with our current roster

- recruiting for him would be instantly different...he would be recruiting downhill not up

- the possibility of the effect of the transfer changes

Bottom line, I would just not be as concerned about waiting for June or July for a coach Brad Stevens. I would go so far as to say if he wants to come you wait until June ‘22 if you need to.  : )

Like everyone, really hoping for Stevens but expecting differently. Not trying to be the mood killer, but I think we will be just fine with a Beard, Drew, Belien, Matta (if healthy), and a few other good candidates. We all want the golden boy and I am in that boat too, but we have to realize that it might not happen and it’s not for an insane amount of trying.
If it doesn’t happen but we still get a heck of a coach, I just worry this fanbase will never be satisfied even if we are a top program consistently. I don’t think it’s Belien or Matta, but I am confident in Scott Dolson that he will make a heck of a hire, regardless if it’s Brad Stevens or 99% great.
We are IU and should demand greatness, but doesn’t mean the coach will be flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

I know my wife was suppose to be home 3 hours ago from work and I’m not even sure if she is here yet or not....just keep scrolling

Well at least you got your priorities straight. Lol

18 minutes ago, madmax said:

Yeah... but he's never won less than 20 games and has NBA experience. He's not my top choice, but I think he could crush in recruiting and would do really well at IU.

The thing with Muss, he has hung his hat the last 2-3 years on getting transfers......not sure where he ranks on pulling in top-level recruits, especially from the state of Indiana.

2 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Like everyone, really hoping for Stevens but expecting differently. Not trying to be the mood killer, but I think we will be just fine with a Beard, Drew, Belien, Matta (if healthy), and a few other good candidates. We all want the golden boy and I am in that boat too, but we have to realize that it might not happen and it’s not for an insane amount of trying.
If it doesn’t happen but we still get a heck of a coach, I just worry this fanbase will never be satisfied even if we are a top program consistently. I don’t think it’s Belien or Matta, but I am confident in Scott Dolson that he will make a heck of a hire, regardless if it’s Brad Stevens or 99% great.
We are IU and should demand greatness, but doesn’t mean the coach will be flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Shut it Jaybob.  Stevens or bust.  

Every time I read something positive, for some reason I go to Twitter and convince myself the opposite. I’ll just hang out here until we get a coach. On a serious note, if it’s not Brad how devastated will this fan base be? I’ll be behind whoever but I think we will all be a bit disappointed. I still think it’s less than a 5% chance it’s him but that’s the best percentage we’ve ever had with him so I’m running with it!

4 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

I don’t really understand the dislike for Beilein on here.  He is not my top pick - I mean what girl doesn’t want Brad Stevens and Will Sheehey on the sidelines but he could/would win big here real quick.  His Michigan players loved him and I think he would be here several years and could completely change the culture.  We all have our own opinions but I think we could do far worse with some of the other names I have seen on here than Beilein.  Just let me keep dreaming about Stevens and Sheehey :)

1 he's old and looks even older than he is

2 cannot risk the recruiting aspect.  This is woke 2021.  

I love Beilein, he looks just like my late uncle.  But he's not our guy.  

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Every time I read something positive, for some reason I go to Twitter and convince myself the opposite. I’ll just hang out here until we get a coach. On a serious note, if it’s not Brad how devastated will this fan base be? I’ll be behind whoever but I think we will all be a bit disappointed. I still think it’s less than a 5% chance it’s him but that’s the best percentage we’ve ever had with him so I’m running with it!

I think it depends on who we get instead. If we got an Oats, Drew, or Beard then I would be sad it's not Brad but still ecstatic about the future. Now if we got like Enfield I'd be pretty devastated. 

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Can't be any more of a gut punch than when they hired archie for 3.4 million dollars.  Who were we bidding against?