Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

This is what is comical about "the media" these days. Anyone and everyone can be "the media." And it's why it cracks me up  when everyone bashes "the media."

This story screams this headline: REPORT: BRAD STEVENS NOT LEAVING BOSTON CELTICS FOR INDIANA HOOSIERS. 

But upon further review (reading the article), it's one "reporter" quoting another "reporter." And reporter No. 2 says he just doesn't see it happening. Yep, that's pretty concrete -- definitely deserving of such a headline. 

I want one someone here -- maybe I'll do it myself -- write a blog saying "I think Brad Stevens should consider IU's offer if it makes one." Then someone could pick up on that and write a screaming headline: REPORT: STEVENS CONSIDERING IU'S OFFER. 

It's all such B.S. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Brad-Stevens-Indiana-Hoosiers-not-leaving-Boston-Celtics-Archie-Miller-fired-college-basketball-NBA-162465697/?fbclid=IwAR2cB85BL3kCyuRvh8GeaNcv5yveev7mjLv2SjdWz2zpYpc8IYMnSyq-NHo

4 minutes ago, Treesh said:

pack it up boys. 

/sarcasm 

And right after he hung up 50 guys who sound like Bill Burr call in and say the Celtics should move on from him after not winning anything in eight seasons there. Didn’t actually happen, but Boston fans are not begging him to stay at this point. 

Rick Pitino just said on DD’s he’s ending his career at Iona but IU should get on a jet fly to Boston and not take no for an answer. Who knowa if he’ll really end up staying at Iona but I thought that was funny about Boston.

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Dragging the local Zionsville paper to a native of... Zionsville. Real good look!

7 minutes ago, Treesh said:

pack it up boys. 

Their title is pretty far from what was said. He did not sound like he had no interest (even said he was flattered).

Technically the exchange was:

Person: "So you are not quitting your Celtics job to go coach at Indiana."

Brad: "I am not"

3 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

And right after he hung up 50 guys who sound like Bill Burr call in and say the Celtics should move on from him after not winning anything in eight seasons there. Didn’t actually happen, but Boston fans are not begging him to stay at this point. 

After that Jay Bilas can run his mouth about how Boston fans are cannibalizing the program.

Just now, Evariste Galois said:

Their title is pretty far from what was said. He did not sound like he had no interest (even said he was flattered).

Technically the exchange was:

Person: "So you are not quitting your Celtics job to go coach at Indiana."

Brad: "I am not"

Exactly --- in the world we live in, lying is a defense mechanism....i'm not saying he is lying but I don't take that statement as gospel.  Should he say "well, interestingly enough, Scott Dolson called me and has been talking big numbers, but we just haven't come to an agreement yet" or "we're still working back channels to figure this thing out guys, can I get back to you next week on that?" 

of course not, he's going to answer "I am not"..... what else could he possibly say there, even if he were currently in talks?

5 hours ago, sweetpain said:

Tried to use my contacts to get info on Thad, not much but a little583d033a03d04a55b450653791356546.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. He was a great coach and a potential hall of fame coach. What a waste.