Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

Exactly --- in the world we live in, lying is a defense mechanism....i'm not saying he is lying but I don't take that statement as gospel.  Should he say "well, interestingly enough, Scott Dolson called me and has been talking big numbers, but we just haven't come to an agreement yet" or "we're still working back channels to figure this thing out guys, can I get back to you next week on that?" 

of course not, he's going to answer "I am not"..... what else could he possibly say there, even if he were currently in talks?

+1 Obviously I am hearing what I want to hear, but it even sounded to me like he did not want to be talking about it...

1 minute ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I’m quite sure everyone had this same opinion when they fired Crean. Fool me once...

Indiana didn’t have a $10 million dollar buyout with Crean however. 

6 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Rick Pitino just said on DD’s he’s ending his career at Iona but IU should get on a jet fly to Boston and not take no for an answer. Who knowa if he’ll really end up staying at Iona but I thought that was funny about Boston.

lol, I just posted this in the other thread.

Beilein up next

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Interviewer: "So you're not quitting your Celtics job to go coach at Indiana is what you're telling us."

Brad Stevens: "I am not."

Interviewer: "Alright, there you go. We got the answer."

As an annoying lawyer, I can verify that Brad Stevens just gave a single answer to a compound question. Let's unpack Brad Stevens's answer:

His answer is clear--"I am not."

The question, however, was twofold:

1. "You're not quitting your Celtics job to go coach at Indiana"

He clearly answers "no" to quitting to go to Indiana. That would mean during the season, in contradiction with his current undisclosed contractual requirements.

and

2. "(That's) what you're telling us."

If the answer to that is also "I am not." that's a different animal entirely.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Most likely interpretation? We get Scott Drew or Musselman or Enfield or someone other than Brad friggin' Stevens.

Just now, Evariste Galois said:

Is there Dakich link for the interviews?

I can never get 1070 to work on my phone so I use iheart radio there but do have success on desk top.

1070 the fan listen live button

Just now, Stuhoo said:

As an annoying lawyer, I can verify that Brad Stevens just gave a single answer to a compound question. Let's unpack Brad Stevens's answer:

He clearly answers "no" to quitting to go to Indiana. That would mean during the season, in contradiction with his current undisclosed contractual requirements.

and

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Most likely interpretation? We get Scott Drew or Musselman or Enfield or someone other than Brad friggin' Stevens.

I hate it when you use logic to make us slow down

Person: "So you are not quitting your Celtics job to go coach at Indiana."

Brad: "I am not".  (Hang's up phone).  "I guess I probably should have told them that I spoke with Danny and we both agreed to part ways after the season.  Oh well, they asked about quitting and not about a mutual agreement."

Tracey:  "Well played, Brad, you could be an attorney.  I guess you will just have to settle for being an Indiana coaching legend."

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

and

Well now I have to go back and watch that again...

26 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

Additionally, I think Brad's salary in Boston is < 4 mill per year. If we offer a competitive offer it will be significantly over 4 mil per year. Given the current situation in Boston, there is no way the Celtics could justify giving Brad a huge increase in salary with the fans (they are talking about getting rid of him...)

I think that is THE KEY. Make the big offer that Boston isn’t interested in matching. Then we have a legitimate shot. 

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Indiana didn’t have a $10 million dollar buyout with Crean however. 

Indiana isn’t paying the $10M so that’s sort of irrelevant unless said boosters are also hand delivering “the guy”. We’ll see how it pans out but I’m not as confident as most seem to be that a home run hire is in the bag. As for Stevens; he said he wasn’t quitting so our only hope is that Ainge informs him he’s getting fired but that sounds insane given they just extended him a year ago.