Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

18 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Arkansas will be a legitimate national player in college basketball. They have money and a recruiter. They'll easily be a Top 15 program now.

For me they probably already were, or very close to it. Two 8’s and a 16 in 3 yrs is a hell of a run. Not sure Cal moves the needle much past that. But he’ll certainly run a more stable program and given the investment they're making here I can’t imagine he doesn’t have unlimited resources. So maybe he can. And between what a creep Muss is and how hideous UK is in general, Cal making a Final 4 there would stick a finger in the eye of a bunch of people I loathe, so I might be low key rooting for that.

31 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Arkansas will be a legitimate national player in college basketball. They have money and a recruiter. They'll easily be a Top 15 program now.

Or, they could now be the program that over-relies on 18 and 19 year olds with future NBA pedigrees and gets bounced by Oakland, KState, and St. Peters in consecutive years.

When talking about who's next at Kentucky, I think we're missing the obvious choice!
image.thumb.png.78e40d859cbad65f5408b1c76caead61.png
Antoine Walker? Well, we know they won't be shy chucking up 3's.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

I will roar with laughter if UK hires Travis Ford. 

I saw that as a listed possibility. I cannot imagine. 

Mark Pope? If they're going the ties to the university route, I could see that being an unsexy hire that worked out well.

Travis Ford? Yikes; that guy is a mega-jerk face who will not do well there, or almost anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I saw that as a listed possibility. I cannot imagine. 

Mark Pope? If they're going the ties to the university route, I could see that being an unsexy hire that worked out well.

Travis Ford? Yikes; that guy is a mega-jerk face who will not do well there, or almost anywhere.

Not only could they do worse than Pope, they probably will. But when you’re UK and you fancy yourself the biggest of big dogs and your HC just got poached, even if you’re happy about it, winning the presser is gonna be just as important as winning in November and Pope isn’t gonna do that. If they’re willing to fork out a buyout the size of Oats’ I’m sure they’ll get a name, be it him or Sean Miller or whomever.

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

Not only could they do worse than Pope, they probably will. But when you’re UK and you fancy yourself the biggest of big dogs and your HC just got poached, even if you’re happy about it, winning the presser is gonna be just as important as winning in November and Pope isn’t gonna do that. If they’re willing to fork out a buyout the size of Oats’ I’m sure they’ll get a name, be it him or Sean Miller or whomever.

I think Pope would be good there; a better choice than Pearl, Billy Donovan, or Drew. But he clearly wouldn't win the presser.

To me Beard, Sean Miller, or Wade fit their profile well and would probably succeed there, but I don't see any buzz about any of those three. 

Wouldn't it be something for UK to play with fire and get burned...I don't see them pulling Hurley away from the east coast. Saw chatter questioning whether Oats or Drew are a good fit. UK friend of mine texted Beard, Donovan, Pearl. Beard has baggage UK would likely overlook...Donovan has been a pipe dream for multiple schools the last 5+ years....Pearl would inject life into the program, but would he be willing to jump to another SEC school? Sean Miller a potential dark horse here?

Cal has had a heck of a run the last 15 years, and the next coach will have to put in work to replicate that. In a world where everyone seems to have $, a bad hire or two and it can get ugly...as IU fans we know this all too well. 

Will be really interested to see who follows Cal to Arkansas, both players and coach wise. Wonder if he will bring Kenny P with him. Appears he can pay the players to follow with the NIL infusion, but not sure how many want to be in Fayetteville. 

Lets hope UK's hopes of getting a bigger name keep them from looking seriously at Pope. I'm a huge fan of his and he would build a monster 

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think Pope would be good there; a better choice than Pearl, Billy Donovan, or Drew. But he clearly wouldn't win the presser.

To me Beard, Sean Miller, or Wade fit their profile well and would probably succeed there, but I don't see any buzz about any of those three. 

I actually think Miller would kill it there. He might even be my 1st choice. But the relationship with Cal is probably problematic under these circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

I actually think Miller would kill it there. He might even be my 1st choice. But the relationship with Cal is probably problematic under these circumstances.

Oh... forgot about that. Yes, the Miller brothers are Calipari Pittsburgh acolytes. I guess that means Archie is a 'no' too, and that therefore Bruiser will not stay on with the new coach!   ;)

Still, Sean Miller would be a great hire for them.

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Can't be Wade saw something about the SEC still has some sort of show cause agianist him or something of that sort . Maybe I misunderstood though . 

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh... forgot about that. Yes, the Miller brothers are Calipari Pittsburgh acolytes. I guess that means Archie is a 'no' too, and that therefore Bruiser will not stay on with the new coach!   ;)

Still, Sean Miller would be a great hire for them.

Goodman is reporting:
I asked 4 SEC head coaches to anonymously rank the following 6 Kentucky candidates:

“Who do you fear the most?” 

Here are the results:

1. Scott Drew 
2. Bruce Pearl
3. Nate Oats 
4. Billy Donovan 
5. Sean Miller 
6. Chris Beard

You aren't a serious program until you hire a serious coach. UK will spend whatever amount to ensure they are landing another rising, high-level coach. It's what good programs do. You can throw as much money into the NIL, facilities, etc. but that will only get you so far. That's what doesn't make sense to me about IU investing all this money into Woodson when he clearly isn't the right guy.