Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

I'm not necessarily against the 2 post offense... if the 3 guards can hit the 3 and are explosive getting to the rim.  The other team has to deal with 2 big men.  To me the problem isn't Woody's style, it's his lack of development and recruitment of shooters.  And...he doesn't even recognize there being a problem, so there's 0% chance of it being fixed.  I'm down to play 2 bigs tho in the future..if you surround them with 3 stud guards who can shoot the living PI$$ out of it.

1 minute ago, steubenhoosier said:

Understood. Smith played with much better talent.

I don’t think Cupps will be as good as Smith. My point was that if he took a sophomore jump like Smith has, Gabe could be a valuable asset 

Braden smith had an offensive efficiency of 117 his freshman year. Really good! Cupps is at 85. 100 is average. I’m not confident in Cupps doing much besides a decent backup for his career

18 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Guys…

Imagine having an unparalleled amount of money to recruit and portal with….

AND

Having an excellent coach with vision, motivation, a system that works, and the actual ability to coach and recognize what does and doesn’t work.

Now that would be an excellent approach.

Hearing Woody is now taking things serious is such a smack in the face. First it’s excuse making again, and second, it’s just an appalling notion to think about.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Woodson finally figured out how much work being a college coach is, after 3 years. That's so much better.

6 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Understood. Smith played with much better talent.

I don’t think Cupps will be as good as Smith. My point was that if he took a sophomore jump like Smith has, Gabe could be a valuable asset 

Sure, but Smith went from good to really good. We’d be expecting Cupps to go from unplayable to good. Anything is possible, but right now Cupps isn’t a big ten caliber player. You can chalk it up to Smith playing with “much better talent, but you don’t play 30 mpg on a 29-6 team if you aren’t a good player. 

Give me Dusty, Abernathy, Matt Graves, and LaVall Jordan as assistants and let’s see what happens. You have everything covered. I still feel a change will be made.
I was under the impression you believed we were riding with Woody? Encouraging u think moving on is still a possibility! Everything adds up to moving on but the statement saying he is back is discouraging

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Give me Dusty, Abernathy, Matt Graves, and LaVall Jordan as assistants and let’s see what happens. You have everything covered. I still feel a change will be made.

I like your optimism. Wish I shared it but I like it.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I don’t know what’s going on. Just doesn’t feel like we’re done yet. My info always was everything will be evaluated at the end of the season. I still think that happens. Don’t let anyone tell us different Dusty May can coach basketball and this is his dream job. Dolson is not going to screw this up.

You had me until the last sentence 

1 hour ago, kottke said:

Being able to watch IU games was the one battle for which I would willingly go against my wife. How am I supposed to go into battle knowing I don’t even care if I get to watch the games anymore?  

Just go up to her on game days and show your best game face

giphy.gif ?cid=6c09b9523m01vznoudgxkqnlafpsaal28shsu4xhb2h3gx7c&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy. gif&ct=g

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Man, it's really tough to recruit high school kids.  I mean you have to actually get off your butt and go watch them play.  So much for wanting a seat at the table.  Guess he couldn't find a chair big enough to fit his ego.

IU's 2024 Recruiting Class:

1. ? ? ? ?

Kentucky’s 2024 Recruiting Class:

1. Jayden Quaintance (No. 8)
  2. Karter Knox (No. 20)
  3. Billy Richmond (No. 21)
  4. Boogie Fland (No. 25)
  5. Somto Cyril (No. 45)
  6. Travis Perry (No. 72)

Dukes....

1. Cooper Flagg(No.1)

2. Khaman Maluach(No. 3)

3. Isaiah Evans(No. 12)

4. Kon Knueppel(No. 17)

5. Patrick Ngongba(No. 18)

6. Darren Harris(No. 50)

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t know what’s going on. Just doesn’t feel like we’re done yet. My info always was everything will be evaluated at the end of the season. I still think that happens. Don’t let anyone tell us different Dusty May can coach basketball and this is his dream job. Dolson is not going to screw this up.

IMG_3309.png

It depends.

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I hope you are right... but you know that sinking feeling that you get right in the pit of your stomach?

I am the one that asked you for the plan and you explained more, way more than I expected. Thanks for taking the time to read my questions and the time to reply. Seriously, I really appreciate the long response and explains a lot of what's going on. Yes college basketball and football are changing too fast. I was unaware that you could now talk money before having them signed. Some may not agree, it looks that way anyway, but to me that was some fantastic information.
For those that question that last statement. I am not looking for players names but what's the plan and PROCESS ... Ngw7183 explained it well in my view. Thanks
I actually agree he gave a plan, now will it work??? The odds do not seem to fit but I give him credit.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk