Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

It could be Dolson's only way of thumbing his nose at the powers the be. 
'You're not letting me do my job to revive this dying program? Screw you. Answer the media yourselves.'

My thoughts, and my thoughts only, Dolson doesn’t want Woody back. He fought, but lost the battle. You know what AD’s don’t HAVE to do…make an announcement “our coach who is still under contract next year is returning”. My guess, Dolson isn’t going to say a word. It’s leaked out he is staying and that’s all that matters. Open and shut case. Either Dolson leaked it to Osterman or someone did his dirty work for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

Because the chances of the results being what everyone wants are very low. The chances of doing it consistently, year after year are pretty much 0.

I am an uninterested non liker of professional NBA, NFL, and MLB for the reasons I see happening to major college football and basketball.  I want to grow with players, teams, coaches, and the whole program….get to know all it and what image is represented.

I am not interested in listening to paid one and done or two and done on a yearly basis talking about their love for a university training ground etc etc etc and then gone. I don’t need them.

Sure, there are going to be transfer portal players mixed in with a team nucleus of 3 and 4 year players.  

But to have a team full of paid transfer portal players every year regardless of championships…. I will go find another program even it’s a mid major (Sycamores which I follow), small college, or the Harlem Globe Trotter / Washington Generals.

29 minutes ago, Silat Player said:

Yikes! Are you serious? Despite your constant defense of Woodson, IU's program is a dysfunctional mess and they aren't sniffing the NCAA tournament this year. Purdue waxed IU twice this year and are going to win the B1G for the second straight year and be a number 1 seed in the same NCAA tournament that IU is missing. 

Your arrogance is astounding. Yes, I would like IU to be on Purdue's level right now. They have a bad NCAA history, especially recently, but being a number 1 seed would be beyond the wildest dreams of any IU fans right now. 

I’ll play along.

Not defending Woodson or his system. Trying to find a way for us to return to prominence. I don’t know where you got that I am defending him. I have said several times that there needs to be a change. 

That said. They beat us twice this year. We had beaten them 3 in a row. And more importantly, they have wasted whatever relevance they have gained by being an early out in the tournament. Hell, we went farther than they did last year.

Arrogance aside, I would never rather have Purdue gear in my closet.

5 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

You can be skeptical but former elite athletes rarely ever lose the will and competitiveness. 

His did have a “young” team with Ware, Malik, MM being his best guys. This is why he will get more upper class starters this year. 

Time doesn't care about your will to win. No place is that more obvious than in sports. Woodson's will to win may have meant something when he was playing but not coaching in his 60s. Perhaps he can have the will to change his coaching style, recruiting practices, and general self-awareness.

25 minutes ago, cleeter said:

My thoughts, and my thoughts only, Dolson doesn’t want Woody back. He fought, but lost the battle. You know what AD’s don’t HAVE to do…make an announcement “our coach who is still under contract next year is returning”. My guess, Dolson isn’t going to say a word. It’s leaked out he is staying and that’s all that matters. Open and shut case. Either Dolson leaked it to Osterman or someone did his dirty work for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are underweighting the fact that the day after an "athletic department source" announced he was coming back, our only commit asked out of his LOI (embarrassing) (does not bode well for portal) (will be in same place next year with +1 year older coach) 

It doesn't make sense. A department source said it. Scott Dolson hasn't. He has time to walk that back (if there actually was one). A 4th season of Woody is the IU administration finally asking you to put on your uniform, drink the kool aid, and get in bed. 

I'm not convinced that Woody's plan was to build a team through the portal. I think he got the job, realized how much work it was to actually go out and recruit these kids and decided the portal was going to be easier. Remember, he was an NBA coach. One of the reasons you see guys go to the NBA and stay is because it's not the same kind of grind. A 60 year old coach who's made a career in the collegiate ranks is much different than a 60 year old coach coming from a career in the NBA

22 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

You know what they say about close…

Yes.  IU hasn't be close in over twenty years and hasn't been past the sweet sixteen.  I'm tired of always resorting to the 'we have banners' statement to Purdue fans.  I want IU to be better than them again.

After all of this crap I would take Crean, Archie, Davis, Dakich, and like 98% of the high school coaches across the state over Woodson.  
Maybe not dakich he was awful taking over for sampson.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Yes.  IU hasn't be close in over twenty years and hasn't been past the sweet sixteen.  I'm tired of always resorting to the 'we have banners' statement to Purdue fans.  I want IU to be better than them again.
Yep me too who cares. My last great iu memory is 2002 with Davis. Sad.

I think you are underweighting the fact that the day after an "athletic department source" announced he was coming back, our only commit asked out of his LOI (embarrassing) (does not bode well for portal) (will be in same place next year with +1 year older coach) 
It doesn't make sense. A department source said it. Scott Dolson hasn't. He has time to walk that back (if there actually was one). A 4th season of Woody is the IU administration finally asking you to put on your uniform, drink the kool aid, and get in bed. 
Osterman is very careful. He got that info from someone incredibly meaningful in the AD. My guess? It was Dolson. I hope I'm wrong and we do still make a change but I'm doubting it very much. God I hope.....it's why I'm still involved on this thread lol.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Osterman is very careful. He got that info from someone incredibly meaningful in the AD. My guess? It was Dolson. I hope I'm wrong and we do still make a change but I'm doubting it very much. God I hope.....it's why I'm still involved on this thread lol.

Then why wouldn't he give a full throated endorsement with his name on it? Maybe he doesn't agree with the decision and that was a tactic. I doubt that, but who knows at this point. Maybe it was someone on staff trying to get ahead of the news. We don't know. We haven't heard from Scott yet and there was supposed to? Still is? A meeting when the season ends... I'm not going to Jonestown

Then why wouldn't he give a full throated endorsement with his name on it? Maybe he doesn't agree with the decision and that was a tactic. I doubt that, but who knows at this point. Maybe it was someone on staff trying to get ahead of the news. We don't know. We haven't heard from Scott yet and there was supposed to? Still is? A meeting when the season ends... I'm not going to Jonestown
Idk man but Osterman isn't one to go on anything other than iron clad info. Could things change? I guess but then the IU administration looks like a bunch of fools (they are). Only hope is that they did that to save face and Woodson retires imo.

Idk man but Osterman isn't one to go on anything other than iron clad info. Could things change? I guess but then the IU administration looks like a bunch of fools (they are). Only hope is that they did that to save face and Woodson retires imo.

He will obviously be back they seem to think the strategy of just throwing money at guys will work. It is happy and blue chips except other top programs can match them buck for buck.

11 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

This is the question that's been on my mind as well. Typically, you'd think the AD would come out and drop that news, not a "source" within the AD department to Osterman. 

If that's the way our AD department drops news about the job status of our HC, i'm not impressed

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY…………………………………………………………………