Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Pearl had a 3 year show cause i believe which limited him from college coaching.

You are correct, my using would instead of could was a poor choice of words.

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Pearl had a 3 year show cause i believe which limited him from college coaching.

And for some reason there's a perception here that IU is going after him. No disrespect intended to anyone saying that, but imo there's no way IU is seriously going after or would hire Pearl right now. Sampsongate almost entirely destroyed the program. The U's reaction and bending-over-backwards self-imposition of ridiculous sanctions is why we are what we are still today. Aint happening, but que the next hundred posts about Pear anyway....

1 minute ago, HoosierHoopster said:

And for some reason there's a perception here that IU is going after him. No disrespect intended to anyone saying that, but imo there's no way IU is seriously going after or would hire Pearl right now. Sampsongate almost entirely destroyed the program. The U's reaction and bending-over-backwards self-imposition of ridiculous sanctions is why we are what we are still today. Aint happening, but que the next hundred posts about Pear anyway....

Are you assuming the same people who bent over backwards are still here?  

33 minutes ago, hper50 said:

https://x.com/thefieldof68/status/1763245132290154673?s=46

Take anything and everything with a grain of salt, but especially The Field of 68. Wonder if this is true 

Based on his statement a week ago, I don't think coach Woodson wants to step down or retire.  Woodson really thinks that he's a good coach and that he's not the problem.  Imo, Woodson thinks it's just a talent issue.  If he just had 5 future NBA players, he could be successful.  I think if he wins 2 of his remaining 4, Woodson is probably a lock to return.  Win just 1 of 3 it's borderline.  Lose out and the administration will probably have to convince him to retire gracefully. 

4 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Based on his statement a week ago, I don't think coach Woodson wants to step down or retire.  Woodson really thinks that he's a good coach and that he's not the problem.  Imo, Woodson thinks it's just a talent issue.  If he just had 5 future NBA players, he could be successful.  I think if he wins 2 of his remaining 4, Woodson is probably a lock to return.  Win just 1 of 3 it's borderline.  Lose out and the administration will probably have to convince him to retire gracefully. 

It's like he doesn't understand he is the problem if there's a talent issue. Helps if you show up at obvious local recruiting events.

7 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

And if that is their move then that is fine. They will just have to take a chance on May (which I would be happy with) or whoever else if they make a move. If Indiana is serious about returning to prominence then they’ll have to play the same game that the kings of college basketball are playing. And if Pearl is serious about Indiana the opportunity is there for the taking.

I have a hard time believing that Tom Cream was squeaky clean. The way he “Creaned” players out of the program was dirty IMO. The things these guys got punished for were laughable reasons in this day and age of the game. 

The Big Ten sucks outside of Purdue and Indiana has a real chance to take a stranglehold of the conference landscape and challenge them for the foreseeable future.

13 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I think it won’t happen for a number of reasons, chief among them I see very little possibility that anyone other than Mike Woodson is coaching IU next year.  

With that said, guys like Pearl and Calipari just aren’t going to be looked at the same way in this new era of basketball. Same with Sampson. I’d hope we don’t put too much stock in what the NCAA says anymore seeing as how they are poised to become some secondary governing body next to whatever the B1G/SEC come up with. They may even cease to exist entirely with regards to major Div 1 sports. 

1 minute ago, Herotime said:

I know. I would like to hear more about this as well, @Chris007

I'm just throwing out numbers to see if this would move the needle for IU fans to want Pearl and move on from Woodson. 

When I go to negotiate I need to know how much you guys want me to spend. LOL 

Just to get everyone to slow down I will say as of today the plan is for Woodson to get his 4th year

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I'm just throwing out numbers to see if this would move the needle for IU fans to want Pearl and move on from Woodson. 

Just to get everyone to slow down I will say as of today the plan is for Woodson to get his 4th year

Boo GIF - Boo - Discover & Share GIFs

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7tunosr50hymnrkzith

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Which brings us back to the thread title.

FIRE MIKE WOODSON 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I would settle for us paying 100 million - or 30 million, if that would get the job done. Just anything above giving Woody another year.

I would love to see Woody actually retire right before the Michigan State game. The dude is an IU legend and I would hate absolutely hate for him to go out on bad terms. He at least gave it a shot, but it’s pretty clear he’s a square peg trying to fit in round hole.