Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Trying to stay level headed but the silence feels pretty telling. We only have 3 regular season games left. Scotty isn't dumb enough to know there isn't a ton of chatter out there. The fact that he's said nothing at all, especially that he hasn't said anything about him coming back.....well, again, I'm trying to stay level headed. And doing a very poor job.
You mean cause he hasn't given Woodson the dreaded vote of confidence yet.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Not as scary as that but I had guy walking in front of me that could not decide where to walk so as approaching i a trying to find a side to pass him on.  Last second he again pivots right into my path so i tried to go a little wide of him but ended up losing my traction and wiped out.  No time to catch myself as I left the bike, fell into a big puddle, lost shoes, ear buds and was a bit livid at this fella.  Ended up with no broken bones but damage to lower legs and my palms and still have a little blood on my earbud.  

Miss running.  Anyone ever run in the intramural relays at IU?  We had a team win that one year when I thought i was fast lol

I tried to get into cycling a while back. It was enjoyable but I couldn't really get completely comfortable with the locking cleats. In the back of my mind was always a worry that I'd start to go down and wouldn't be able to get my foot unlocked quickly enough. Never happened as I've always able to either recover and/or get my foot unlocked but there was that little bit of worry always there.

Plus the crazy a$$ drivers in AZ doesn't help. People driving trucks and SUVs were usually the worst and there are tons of those around.

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Why do people act like this is a forgone conclusion. I find it strange that no actual college basketball media is hearing and reporting on this if this is true. How is it that only Trilly is hearing this and nobody else 

Do you usually hear about AD's putting out feelers for other coaches?

I know Bozich wrote an article about Woodson being on the hot seat. Rabby said if the IU job would Pearl would be interested his sources told him. 

Goodman has said Woodson is on the hot seat. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Did he just say bye without ever answering the question of his level of play?? I'm on page 329 right now because I slept last night.  I'm going to be shocked if I don't see another post from NGW before I get to page 343.  

Jonas Brothers GIF by NBC

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

His current squad is top 15 in Oe and De on Kenpom. He’s arguably got as good as a squad today as he could reasonably expect at IU in the next 5 years. 

That's likely very untrue. The quality of players he could get just from Indiana HS alone would rival anything he could have at Auburn. Tom Crean, Archie Miller and now Mike Woodson have been able to land NBA lottery type talent at IU and none of them are good coaches. Bruce could load up here. 

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

His current squad is top 15 in Oe and De on Kenpom. He’s arguably got as good as a squad today as he could reasonably expect at IU in the next 5 years. 

You're probably right, but I don't think his potential move would be because he thinks he has a better chance to win here

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Now that's funny. Just crazy that we're not out-recruiting these two. Both kids come from IU families and it won't take much to get them to commit but we're not doing anything. Pearl or Shrews or May or anyone would have them coming to IU within two weeks of being hired. 

Just wondering if word has made it back to coach Woodson that these kids and their families don't like Woodson's system, so Woodson isn't going to prioritize them. 

Just now, JF87 said:

Just wondering if word has made it back to coach Woodson that these kids and their families don't like Woodson's system, so Woodson isn't going to prioritize them. 

I'm not sure but in 3 years he hasn't landed a kid from the state of Indiana so it looks like he's not prioritizing the whole state

6 minutes ago, Adillac said:

That's likely very untrue. The quality of players he could get just from Indiana HS alone would rival anything he could have at Auburn. Tom Crean, Archie Miller and now Mike Woodson have been able to land NBA lottery type talent at IU and none of them are good coaches. Bruce could load up here. 

It’s almost certainly true because very few teams each year can reach that level. He might get there at IU but it would take time. And even if what you’re saying is true, the law of diminishing returns kicks in and any improvement at IU would be marginal. He’s built a squad this year that, on paper, has as good of a shot as any of the top 6 teams. 

4 minutes ago, hper50 said:

You're probably right, but I don't think his potential move would be because he thinks he has a better chance to win here

That’s not a reassuring thought, imo.

7 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

His potential move would be ... he has always coveted the IU job. 

I see this and I'm reminded...why the FUDGE didn't we hire him years ago? It's not like he just suddenly got good. Makes me sick.

I think the ceiling of the IU program is considerably higher than that of Auburn's. So IU would increase his odds of winning a national championship IMO. The only mitigating factor is if he really does intend to retire after 5 or 6 years, and feels it would take 2 to 3 years to build IU up to where Auburn is presently.

Otherwise, IU is clearly the better job by a considerable measure for a variety of reasons (fan support, recruiting base, media attention, shoe company, etc.). 

8 minutes ago, str8baller said:

It’s almost certainly true because very few teams each year can reach that level. He might get there at IU but it would take time. And even if what you’re saying is true, the law of diminishing returns kicks in and any improvement at IU would be marginal. He’s built a squad this year that, on paper, has as good of a shot as any of the top 6 teams. 

That’s not a reassuring thought, imo.

I just meant he'd come because he's always coveted this job and wants to restore a starving program to glory. Not because he absolutely needs to upgrade from his team which is currently #6 in KenPom

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

Wednesday night Woodson watched a triple header:  Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, and Chicago PD

yessss, my wife and I LOVE Wednesday night's "Chicago" series, however we have never gotten into Chicago Fire. After Med, we usually watch a CSI New Orleans re-run then finish with PD...lol

1 hour ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

What kind of timeline are we looking at for the fire and the hire?

I would be shocked if it would be announced as Woodson being fired.  I would think it would be announced as a retirement (where Woodson gets all of his money) or that for health reasons coach Woodson would be moving into some other non-coaching role.  If Woodson is willing to one of those scenarios, I would think it could be announced prior to the end of the season.  

5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I posted almost the exact same thing on HSN a few days ago.  It just makes so much sense, that's why it likely won't happen. 

Makes too much sense. That place would be juiced.