Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Regardless of what guys bring to the table or contribute on the floor, the anger at Woodson doesn’t need to be redirected to the players.

Imagine your own work place. Are you going to be better off or worse for publicity criticizing the CEO/owner/boss or whatever.

Appreciate the frustration over the situation. Don’t think taking it out on the players is the solution though 

Just now, hoosierhoo said:

I’m sure this is pure copium, but…

If Woodson was really secure in the knowledge that he was coming back, would he feel the need to be so defensive and combative?

Yeah I think it’s how he rolls. Think back to the “not getting Kopp 3’s” quote. It’s how his brain is wired. Him vs the world. 

Just now, hoosierhoo said:

If Woodson was really secure in the knowledge that he was coming back, would he feel the need to be so defensive and combative?

I’ve seen some arrogant coaches before, but Woodson is up there with the best of them. Calling out the fans is insane. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

What about the game Woodson said he was awful. Was he great that game. Don’t be a fanboy. My wife is that.

Not a fanboy at all. Whatever that is.

Don’t think it’s the players who need to feel the fan’s displeasure.

1 minute ago, steubenhoosier said:

Regardless of what guys bring to the table or contribute on the floor, the anger at Woodson doesn’t need to be redirected to the players.

Imagine your own work place. Are you going to be better off or worse for publicity criticizing the CEO/owner/boss or whatever.

Appreciate the frustration over the situation. Don’t think taking it out on the players is the solution though 

Sorry I didn't realize this message board was my workplace. 

I'll take my pink slip any day now boss. Talk to my union rep.

1 minute ago, hoosierhoo said:

Kind of what I was thinking. Weird to take a dump on the fans like this and expect them to show up and support you next year. 

Imo only! You know your coach is weak when he calls out true fans! Every winner knows you need to win for the fans to unite around you and your team. If you win the vast majority of your fans will support and shower you with praises. The old iu that I grew up on wouldn't except failure. Knight wouldn't cry about fake fans. Woodson is a baby imo. He comes in preaching of returning us to greatness. Crean said he needed fans support but I don't recall Woodson ever saying that. Win just fing win I guess and you won't hear much blowback! Until then back off acting like you're a bad @$$

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Just now, Home Jersey said:

Sorry I didn't realize this message board was my workplace. 

I'll take my pink slip any day now boss. Talk to my union rep.

Makes zero sense.

I am not defending Woodson.

The players don’t deserve the criticism.

Just now, Chris007 said:

So now we’re attacking fans?

My friend; I have a different take:

If this team, which did not quit (ahem, Michigan) when they were 6-10 two weeks ago, wasn’t really salty right now?

I’d question whether they had any spine or cojones. Leal and Gallo are true Hoosiers and they can let loose and be fine by me.

5 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Not a fanboy at all. Whatever that is.

Don’t think it’s the players who need to feel the fan’s displeasure.

You mean the same players who just took big ole dumps on the fans? They’ve had a very mediocre season. Criticizing coaching is perfectly fine, and so is criticizing player performance.