Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

20 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

IF Woodson gets a GM for the basketball program maybe this could actually work.  I'm sure high level college athletics are messy to navigate with NIL and transfer portal, which is a full time job itself.  If he can get the players he needs to run the system he wants then maybe...?  I'm trying to find the positive here.  

If he thinks it'll keep from from actually having to recruit himself then it won't.

20 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Woodson has the exact same recruiting strategy as calipari. All the people who ripped on kentuckys one and dones here we are. Difference is calipari is a way better recruiter than woodson.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Better coach too.

17 minutes ago, Feathery said:

The GM role is one that programs are going to in football. So athletic departments are moving in that direction. So it will depend on the person hired.  Now that the NCAA has suspended any/all NIL investigations, the GM can work with collectives and then directly talk to the players about the total compensation. So I’m assuming it’s going to be more scouting prospects and working finances. 

The role itself isn't a bad idea, using it to keep himself from doing the recruiting work is.

7 minutes ago, ClarkCoHoosier said:

I don't think I've ever posted before, but this has me furious! My husband and I have season tickets to the women's games. I mentioned to him not long ago that I thought it was strange that we've never seen Woody at one of the games. I guess I know why now...This attitude alone should disqualify him. Is it jealousy?? Because Teri Moren is doing a much better job of building a program than he is. 

Coach Moren is the rare bright spot and even now I fear that this administration is too stupid to give her more resources to take the next step.  

3 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Mike Davis - out of coaching 
Kelvin Sampson - banned for 5 years
Dan Dakich - out of coaching 
Tom Crean - out of coaching 
Archie Miller - about to be out of coaching 
Mike Woodson - about to be out of coaching

WHAT A TRACK RECORD

But don't worry because you won't believe how bad football is. :-)

Just now, JSHoosier said:

What do you expect from a guy that refers to himself in the third person?  Mike Woodson feels that work is beneath Mike Woodson.

I nearly fell out of my chair when I read that farce of showing up to sectionals a day after getting killed in the media was the first time Woody had watched Mullins in person. 

Mike Davis - out of coaching 
Kelvin Sampson - banned for 5 years
Dan Dakich - out of coaching 
Tom Crean - out of coaching 
Archie Miller - about to be out of coaching 
Mike Woodson - about to be out of coaching
WHAT A TRACK RECORD
Yep, and our next hire will be Michael Lewis or somebody like that. May will be long gone by next spring.

Coming to this board and reading messages from "sources" is all part of the draw and fun. Even if they do not prove to be true. 
And I get it, rumors are just rumors, some prove to be true and others false. However, something is very odd in this whole situation. Where did all the smoke come from? 
What is with the weird timing of last night's press release? Why did they not name a specific source?
And most of all, how could anybody in leadership look at this program and think it's going in the right direction? Do they not understand the college game? Do they not understand that no other program would have hired Woodson in a million years?
Being 39 years old, I've experienced more turbulence from this program than good, but like all of you, I'm hanging in there. But I'm reaching my breaking point. Why should I be so passionate about a program in which the leadership is ok with mediocrity? It's absolutely infuriating. 

All I can figure is trilly is blowing smoke about a mass exodus and most guys are coming back.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

And most of all, how could anybody in leadership look at this program and think it's going in the right direction? Do they not understand the college game? Do they not understand that no other program would have hired Woodson in a million years?

Because they don't care about the program. Woodson never should've had the job, but that's who they wanted so now we're stuck with him.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

Coming to this board and reading messages from "sources" is all part of the draw and fun. Even if they do not prove to be true. 

And I get it, rumors are just rumors, some prove to be true and others false. However, something is very odd in this whole situation. Where did all the smoke come from? 

What is with the weird timing of last night's press release? Why did they not name a specific source?

Being 39 years old, I've experienced more turbulence from this program than good, but like all of you, I'm hanging in there. But I'm reaching my breaking point. Why should I be so passionate about a program in which the leadership is ok with mediocrity? It's absolutely infuriating. 

In short, I think the smoke was like this. One person thinks his buddy is doing great and should get a 4th year when someone he didn't respect got 4 years. Someone else wanted to have a discussion about it. After talking they compromised that you could put out feelers for the next coach. After doing so the person who put out feelers talked to everyone else and realized there were not enough votes or everyone felt the head coach was doing amazing. So they put out the announcement yesterday.