Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

From what it sounds like the family that wanted to keep Woody here a 4th year and employs QB has agreed to put more money into our NIL efforts. They are going to give Woody every chance to get the players he wants in this portal. 

My issue here is they must have also given Woody more than a year guaranteed. It's unrealistic to expect him to turn this around in one portal. That's why us, fans that are clearly smarter than the big money and admin, want him gone. This all just seems like a waste of time and money when the inevitable is Woody being fired. 

If Scott had a coach lined up to improve the program, the call should have been made. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No. QB talked them into getting Woody a few years ago because he was an NBA coach. With their limited sports background, they think if you can coach the Knicks than you can coach IU. Then Fred made the switch aroo by hiring Archie with their money so now they're showing us by keeping Mike around for a 4th year and trying to give him everything he needs to be successful. 

They clearly don't realize the Knicks fired him after 3 years. 

Odd, the fired him in the time frame we should have.

From what it sounds like the family that wanted to keep Woody here a 4th year and employs QB has agreed to put more money into our NIL efforts. They are going to give Woody every chance to get the players he wants in this portal. 
Happy would be proud

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

The amount of money about to get spent to maintain IU's mediocrity is going to be unreal.
That family my have money but they certainly don't seem to have a very good eye for coaching talent. Could of spent that money on getting a real coach.

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

No. QB talked them into getting Woody a few years ago because he was an NBA coach. With their limited sports background, they think if you can coach the Knicks than you can coach IU. Then Fred made the switch aroo by hiring Archie with their money so now they're showing us by keeping Mike around for a 4th year and trying to give him everything he needs to be successful. 

Man Chris, this just hurts my soul...money is a MF'er

I believe Woodson supporter, NGW7183, stated a few weeks ago that there will be a change to Woodson's coaching staff this off-season.  Who leaves- Hunter, Rosemond, or Walsh?  Rosemond is supposed to get us Bruce Thornton in the portal, so I think he stays.  I believe that Walsh was the lead recruiter on McNeeley so I would think Walsh is safe.  That would mean that Kenya better be trying for that Detroit Mercy job.  

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

That family my have money but they certainly don't seem to have a very good eye for coaching talent. Could of spent that money on getting a real coach.

Why do a crazy thing like that? This is IU, bad coaches are guaranteed to be around too long. This is the way.

Basically this is a get even scheme to them. Wow.

So much for “building the bridge”. Getting a bunch of players out of the portal and failing to recruit is leaving zero program foundation for the next guy. Just plain lazy. It’s no shocker that the men’s basketball program has been middle of the pack for nearly 3 decades with decisions like this.

1 minute ago, BlueDevil said:

So much for “building the bridge”. Getting a bunch of players out of the portal and failing to recruit is leaving zero program foundation for the next guy. Just plain lazy. It’s no shocker that the men’s basketball program has been middle of the pack for nearly 3 decades with decisions like this.

Amen man...Amen.. even if woodson fields a decent team next year.. what's after that in 2025/2026.  This isn't good.

It's sad and frustrating, but this is the risk when you hire a former player, especially one who is beloved by the old guard and rich friends. Getting rid of "one of your own" is always harder, and it's a big reason why I would not want a former player hired unless it was an absolute grand slam. Realistically, we are looking at one more year of Woodson then scrambling again. Hopefully, QB will have no more excuses when we miss the tourney again in '25. 

35 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

I'd be surprised if he went to Duke after asking out of his LOI there last spring

Maybe.  But one thing Pearl said in one of his interviews was getting a couple portal players that they lost out on in HS.  Not burning bridges and keeping the lines of communications open type of stuff.  It's a whole new ball game.  

Building the bridge was bs talk. He likely has every intention of staying another 5 years if he can.

30 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Thing is we don't even know who those players will be.  At least in the NBA you know who's contracts are up and who you can target in free agency.  This is just a crapshoot.  

28 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

If they had done that last year we probably would have landed Dalton Knecht, in the top 3 of the conference, and nobody would be talking about Woody losing his job.

No, because he was afraid of competing with Gallo and X.  :)  

But by all accounts they did throw money at him and he didn't even consider it.