Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Indiana would have 7 banners if Kelvin Sampson was the current head coach. 
The definition of insanity. Blow up your own program and then make horrible hire after horrible hie. I figure by not firing crean,archie, and Woodson when we should have we have wasted a total of 6- 9 years. Beyond belief.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Mike Davis - out of coaching 
Kelvin Sampson - banned for 5 years
Dan Dakich - out of coaching 
Tom Crean - out of coaching 
Archie Miller - about to be out of coaching 
Mike Woodson - about to be out of coaching

WHAT A TRACK RECORD

Kelvin Sampson is the one that got away...he destroyed us...but man he can coach...Imagine what he could do with IU's NIL....he's got the contacting recruits part down

‘Mike Woodson thinks Mike Woodson can get these kids to IU because Mike Woodson coached in the NBA. Mike Woodson is not going to respond to any questions about these kids being 8-10 years old the last time Mike Woodson coached there. Mike Woodson knows how to get Mike Woodson ball clubs over the hump.’ - Mike Woodson, probably

Just now, Chris007 said:

In short, I think the smoke was like this. One person thinks his buddy is doing great and should get a 4th year when someone he didn't respect got 4 years. Someone else wanted to have a discussion about it. After talking they compromised that you could put out feelers for the next coach. After doing so the person who put out feelers talked to everyone else and realized there were not enough votes or everyone felt the head coach was doing amazing. So they put out the announcement yesterday. 

That's what I find fascinating. Who are these simpletons that think the program is in such great shape? As leaders, they should be capable of evaluating both the current position as well as the future of the program. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

But his feelings were hurt because that big meanie Fred wouldn't give him an interview. Which he didn't deserve. I guess Fred did do something right. 

Fred Glass did something right as AD, even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut.

15 hours ago, 94Bulldog said:

As a 9-10 yr old my best friend was a Purdue fan.  My family were diehard Hoosiers.  Being that I was a Reds fan and they were all diehard Dodger fans from their time in So Cal before I was born, I decided I might as well go against the family in college basketball too.  I became a Purdue fan, so I didn’t enjoy the 87 title. I cried when the Troy Lewis, Everette Stephens, Melvin Mccants team lost to Kansas State in the sweet 16.  We moved back to So Cal that summer.  It became cool to be from Indiana around my new basketball team and friends.  And of course the Hoosiers were so good during those early to mid 90s so at some point I switched allegiances.  Damon Bailey was my idol.  I wore 22 because of him. I paid for the flight from So Cal the summer before my sr year to attend Knight’s camp, which I also paid for out of my own pocket as a 17 yr old.  Throughout my adulthood I became an even bigger diehard Hoosier fan like most of you.  My life was scheduled around games . I ran outside screaming after the Moye block on Boozer and the win over Duke.  I stuck with them through the early Crean years.  I enjoyed the Zeller teams immensely.  I approved of the Archie hire, I thought he was the answer.  Over the past decade I can’t help but wonder why I switched all those years ago.  This year I’ve missed probably 6-8 games, I’ve become apathetic.    Perhaps I should go back to being a Purdue fan so the 2nd half of my adulthood can experience the joy of a program that gets it.  This feels like the dagger to me with this news.  Sorry for the ramble….

Don’t go back to being a Purdue fan lol.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Rick Majerus said:

That's what I find fascinating. Who are these simpletons that think the program is in such great shape? As leaders, they should be capable of evaluating both the current position as well as the future of the program. 

One of them is Woodson's friend. Sound like nepotism? It should.

26 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I definitely think that has something to do with it. His ego can't handle that she is not only building a better program but is a better coach. 

I say fire Mike Woodson and hire Terri Moren!  Well, we tried to get him fired, sorry Terri!

In short, I think the smoke was like this. One person thinks his buddy is doing great and should get a 4th year when someone he didn't respect got 4 years. Someone else wanted to have a discussion about it. After talking they compromised that you could put out feelers for the next coach. After doing so the person who put out feelers talked to everyone else and realized there were not enough votes or everyone felt the head coach was doing amazing. So they put out the announcement yesterday. 
Scary thing about that is he probably only has to go about .500 in the big ten next year and he will get a 5th year. The expectations appear so low they can most likely be met. Not a serious program it's more a take care of your buddy program. Patrick Ewing was brought back for a sixth year after going 6-25. Bottom line is good luck getting rid of a former player

But his feelings were hurt because that big meanie Fred wouldn't give him an interview. Which he didn't deserve. I guess Fred did do something right. 
And now we are all paying the price for woodsons hurt feelings

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

This is correct. Woodson doesn't think HS kids can contribute their freshman year unless they are 5*. So he wants to build his team through the portal from here on out. He will only see HS kids if he has too. He also wants to get the new GM so they can go to AAU events so he doesn't have too. 

New GM!!!!! What a joke!!!! What is sleepy Armond Hill supposed to be?!?!

‘Mike Woodson thinks Mike Woodson can get these kids to IU because Mike Woodson coached in the NBA. Mike Woodson is not going to respond to any questions about these kids being 8-10 years old the last time Mike Woodson coached there. Mike Woodson knows how to get Mike Woodson ball clubs over the hump.’ - Mike Woodson, probably
I doubt any of them even know who he is. Many probably don't even know who juwuan is and he is 14 years younger. Nobody cares that Woodson was a crappy nba coach a long time ago. His ego is just comical for a guy who never won anything

50 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Did he have to run this strategy/plan by anyone? Or was it autonomous? Because I would think this would be a very bad look for the program and the university. To tell high school kids -- particularly those in Indiana -- that IU will not have an interest in you unless you are a five-star seems to be sending us down a rabbit hole from which it would be difficult to extricate ourseves. Hope I'm not sounding too dramatic, but it seems as if it could cause irreparable harm to relationships with high school coaches and effectively kill recruiting in the state. 

I heard/read somewhere, and I can't remember if it was here or Dakich on Two Big Brains, that Woodson and Buckner want to be the modern-day Georgetown.  They think with our NIL, tradition, and Woodson we can attract NBA bound kids to IU and constantly compete for titles.  First, I think that's a laugh.  Secondly, I don't want to be that type of program.  I don't think that's a sustainable model.  

Just now, Hornsby said:

I doubt any of them even know who he is. Many probably don't even know who juwuan is and he is 14 years younger. Nobody cares that Woodson was a crappy nba coach a long time ago. His ego is just comical for a guy who never won anything

And now he seemingly feels entitled to the best players from the portal. Despite whiffing on every guard we pursued last season. I’ll be shocked if there isn’t at least one departure we don’t expect in addition to the ones we do. Arkansas is a perfect example. They went portal heavy as a technique and they suck. And Mussleman is light years ahead of woody as a coach. 

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

No shot 90% of them have much of an idea about who he is unless they grew up around the NYC area. Most of these recruits barely remember the 2013 team. Sure hope those portal connections come through this year better than last.... not that it'll make a difference 

Just now, OKHOOSIER said:

And now he seemingly feels entitled to the best players from the portal. Despite whiffing on every guard we pursued last season. I’ll be shocked if there isn’t at least one departure we don’t expect in addition to the ones we do. Arkansas is a perfect example. They went portal heavy as a technique and they suck. And Mussleman is light years ahead of woody as a coach. 

I'd be very surprised if Cupps and Gallo's fathers who are great coaches allow their sons to endure another year of this.

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I'd be very surprised if Cupps and Gallo's fathers who are great coaches allow their sons to endure another year of this.

Gallo in particular is going to garner huge interest and probably big NIL offers to leave. I would not be surprised at all if saw him in say a Kansas or UCONN jersey next year in a 6th man role.