Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, KathywithaC said:

It was “more than it was”, which is what I was trying to communicate when I came here yesterday. It wasn’t nothing, though. There are people who are increasingly concerned with the direction of the program, but there wasn’t nearly enough concern to make a move. That said, I can’t envision a scenario where the expectation for Year 4 isn’t make or break for Woody. He is very well liked, but Dolson wants to win. Not saying others don’t want to win too, but Scott wants to be happier with the direction of the program than he is now.

Wanting to win and doing the work that is necessary to win are two separate things.  It was difficult to win this year.  What evidence is there that next year will be better?  I see zero, zilch, nada.  

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

So does make or break come solely down to wins and losses or does it factor in recruiting as in having a foundation of players coming in to build a program and not just portal diving every year to build a team?,  

Winning is the result of a process.  One part of that process is building a foundation -- which we don't have.  Listen to what Coach Cig talks about -- trust the process and the wins will follow.  

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This is totally speculation by me (as to the reason why), but I imagine Woodson walks around like a king despite not even doing the bare minimum at his job, while they’re busting their a***s coaching their sports and (except for Cig) making much less money. Cig and Woody seem like polar opposites in their approach and professionalism. 

100% I would add he's not willing to help other sports and women sports are a little beneath him.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Once again I feel like I have to share this every couple of years. I have never said I'm an insider, I've never said anyone should believe anything I say, I've never pushed anything I've heard as fact. I've never said you need to read anything I write or hear. All I have ever said is I will always share what I hear. If the mods want me to stop doing that I'm fine with that.

I didn't show up yesterday with an agenda. I've been here for many years. If you feel the need to take your shots at me, go for it, I'm a big boy. As someone told me yesterday I should disappear and come back with a different name. But I enjoy this board and the many friends I have made over the last 10 years. 

besides this man puts ******* mayo on his BLTs.. that alone is enough for me to trust him damnit!!

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

100% I would add he's not willing to help other sports and women sports are a little beneath him.

So I am correct to assume that Woody and Moren won’t be breaking out a bottle of red together soon?

58 minutes ago, JF87 said:

The portal is our new normal.  Purdue will run the model collegiate program and we will reload with 70% mercenaries every year.  It saddens me that we have become that type of program.  IU- the best team money can buy!  Come see Happy for your cash!  Buckner, Woodson, and Dolson are an embarrassment for turning our program into this.  

This is correct. Woodson doesn't think HS kids can contribute their freshman year unless they are 5*. So he wants to build his team through the portal from here on out. He will only see HS kids if he has too. He also wants to get the new GM so they can go to AAU events so he doesn't have too. 

14 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yet I was the bad fan for rooting for the tank lol. 

I know your stance, and I’m not saying in hindsight that I wish we would have lost out.  I want to win every game possible regardless.

I have had some time to sleep and think...and cool down. I still think we need a change, but that change isn't happening...
Now, I am not saying by any means he is going to be able to have success, but the reality now is that he's coming back. I've accepted it, and I am going to do my best to shift my energy towards being hopeful that he can figure it out vs. hoping he doesn't and the direction of this program nose dives. I'd much rather spend next year celebrating wins vs. watching the house burn. 
For a fan that only follows IU basketball and football,  my team is on the floor. I can't help but wish for the best and be optimistic, and regardless of how annoyed my wife is,  I will continue to watch. 
All that comes to mind today is the old animal house line" thank you sir may I have another". I will continue on this board but I really won't care much about iu bbal nymore until he is gone. It's quite obvious we aren't winning any national titles with woodon or even making any sweet sixeteens.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Yes, the ship has sailed on getting them 
Kathy says they want to win but obviously not super bad or they would move now. The Dusty May train will have left the building by next year.

1 hour ago, iubhounds2 said:

I always felt Dolson would make a change this year just like he did in football. Why? Because the conference is changing next year with four new teams and competitive in basketball. Yes I'll hate watching games on that floor in Oregon but there is a big story behind that design. With 18 teams there is talk, just like the Pac12 did previously, NOT ALL teams will make the conference tournament. IU could be that team next year if the B1G decides that. IU's roster for next year based on all these rumors is totally fluid and few knowns.

I think Woodson's post game interview last night at the 3:10 mark hit a huge nerve and shows Mr Woodson may not have social media, may not mess with emails blah blah blah but he knows or knew his @$$ was on fire based on this years team's performance.

Hard to believe that Year 4 will not be a make or break year for Woodson. IMO that is very disappointing. This program will be buried if he stays the full six years of his contract, minus any negotiated extensions. Gut feeling tells me that July 2025 will be like Christmas. 

I’ll save football for another day but the basketball program is in much better shape than football was when Dolson finally moved Allen out. If people think Woody is out of his league, he is light years ahead of where Allen was. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

This is correct. Woodson doesn't think HS kids can contribute their freshman year unless they are 5*. So he wants to build his team through the portal from here on out. He will only see HS kids if he has too. He also wants to get the new GM so they can go to AAU events so he doesn't have too. 

I mean, after he is canned next season hopefully the new staff can get back to doing it the right way.

Edited by IU22

13 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Wanting to win and doing the work that is necessary to win are two separate things.  It was difficult to win this year.  What evidence is there that next year will be better?  I see zero, zilch, nada.  

I will say I went back this morning and reread all the posts from the time the news dropped and now. Your post have been spot on. Really enjoyed reading them. 

10 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Winning is the result of a process.  One part of that process is building a foundation -- which we don't have.  Listen to what Coach Cig talks about -- trust the process and the wins will follow.  

Man I really hope Coach Cig comes through because he is already on a really high pedestal.

I know it’s off topic, for the Woody/administration sucks thread, but looking forward to seeing if the Marlboro Man lives up to the hype (I think/hope he will).

Iu bbal has turned into everything that iu fans used to hate. Woodson is now a poor mans john calipari.

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t know Woodson personally. Maybe he’s a great guy to have a postgame cigar or two with.  But the more I hear about him, the less I like him. I don’t like his approach to being the IU basketball coach at all. 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

This is going to work out great