Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

I asked my high school AD if he would hire me as head coach since I played basketball there over 15 years ago. I said since I played there and my mom coached AAU basketball for decades, I’m qualified. He laughed and said where would that make you qualified. I said “how much time you got”. If only I played at IU, damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not a young Shaka Smart?

375-171 record and now 10-10 in NCAA, Final 4 with VCU and is still in his 40’s.  Emotional, good X’s and O’s and his teams are always good shooters and love to turn teams over with speed!

He is underrated in my opinion, I know Texas didn’t work out but has demonstrated excellence at basketball first schools. 

21 minutes ago, Cd71 said:

I just can’t imagine what social media will be like if IU is having a bad year and Dusty beats us his first try. 

In the saddest way possible, it'll probably be a non-event. We're all "over" it already and we know what to expect. Choices are being made to ride the Mike Woodson submarine to the bottom of the ocean. Foolish.

5 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

375-171 record and now 10-10 in NCAA, Final 4 with VCU and is still in his 40’s.  Emotional, good X’s and O’s and his teams are always good shooters and love to turn teams over with speed!

He is underrated in my opinion, I know Texas didn’t work out but has demonstrated excellence at basketball first schools. 

I wouldn’t be upset with Shaka.

1 hour ago, Cd71 said:

I just can’t imagine what social media will be like if IU is having a bad year and Dusty beats us his first try. 

Better yet, if Dusty wins will Mike Woodson even be on the floor to shake his hand?

Interesting option here. Hopefully it’s a better option than the last guy we got from Marquette.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

Won't matter. IU doesn't want the black eye of firing a program legend, no matter how deserved it is, they care way too much about optics.

Exactly and then replace him with a former manager. It would be “disrespectful” in some eyes. Won’t happen for a program with their nose in the air to everyone else.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

He's only had 3 years and played here over 40 years ago, they'll look like a bunch of meanies.

Im 42 and his playing days means absolutely zero to me. This might seem harsh but even players I do remember playing I wish them well in their lives but that’s the extent of it. I wouldn’t hire them for a job just bc they played for IU. And I wouldn’t hesitate to fire someone just because they played for IU. 

57 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I'd take an almost guaranteed top 10 team every year.

In the last 12 seasons, Kentucky has been in the top 10 of the final poll 5 times.  Not sure I'd call it almost guaranteed.  What's also interesting is that Cal had a 13 year string where Kentucky was top 10 to start the year but only finished in the top ten 6 times.

1 hour ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

I’d take Shaka for sure. Not sure he will leave Marquette though. I can see him there for the rest of his career. 

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

In the last 12 seasons, Kentucky has been in the top 10 of the final poll 5 times.  Not sure I'd call it almost guaranteed.  What's also interesting is that Cal had a 13 year string where Kentucky was top 10 to start the year but only finished in the top ten 6 times.

So you’re saying Cal could have us in the top 20 5 times in a decade? When was the last time IU had that? Sign me up. lol

7 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Im 42 and his playing days means absolutely zero to me. This might seem harsh but even players I do remember playing I wish them well in their lives but that’s the extent of it. I wouldn’t hire them for a job just bc they played for IU. And I wouldn’t hesitate to fire someone just because they played for IU. 

The people in charge care that he played there though.

If big money donors said "Woodson goes or I don't donate to men's basketball" that'd get their attention.

The people in charge care that he played there though.

If big money donors said "Woodson goes or I don't donate to men's basketball" that'd get their attention.

Donors won’t quit because Woodson isn’t here. They donated before Woodson and will after Woodson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk