Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I think a lot is riding on tomorrow night. Just spent two hours in a meeting with a VP and all I could think about was how do we get rid of Woodson. 

We notice you were gone. If you could please ask next time you plan to take 2 hours off of this board, it would be greatly appreciated.

22 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

https://x.com/coachadragna/status/1765009185144500664?s=46&t=Z5Zx0Nuv1avozlhwzbdycg

Let it be known that the portal isn’t a guarantee. Easily could be IU next year where WVU and Georgetown are at

14 major conference teams on that list of teams with 6+ portal players. 2 tourney teams, 2 more bubble teams. The other 10 won't make it

Just now, Shooter said:

14 major conference teams on that list of teams with 6+ portal players. 2 tourney teams, 2 more bubble teams. The other 10 won't make it

Good post that’s interesting 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think a lot is riding on tomorrow night. Just spent two hours in a meeting with a VP and all I could think about was how do we get rid of Woodson. 

Woody's future is riding on beating a fellow NIT hopeful? yeeesh

32 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I get tired of media saying we were all excited with the Woody hire when it happened . The only reason most of us warmed up to the thought of it was because we had Matta and Fife on board. Woody was my least favorite of the bunch. 

That and I'm tired of the media saying we wanted a knight guy former player. The only people who wanted that were former players. Any fans that wanted that were the minority and that was just code for Alford. We want a proven winner. That's it.

43 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

"If it so chooses, Indiana can fulfill its buyout obligation via annual lump sum payments of $1 million."

not gonna lie, I read this the first time through as "hump sum payments". 

55 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Someone fill me in. Sounds like Dolson is ready to move on, has BP on deck, but that punk QB is holding this up? 

If so, what in the world is Buckner thinking? He's throwing his buddy into a raging fire next year, with no help on the way, and a mass exodus if all reports are true of players wanting to leave if Woody is back. I commend his loyalty to his friend but that isn't his job. I truly don't get it. 

He's going to give him a new staff and a GM to help in the future for the portal. Because Woodson now believes that he doesn't need HS kids anymore, he wants to use the portal to field a team from here on out. 

3 minutes ago, kottke said:

Very interesting. This just got a whole lot easier it seems, at least from a financial perspective.

Yeah plus remember Woodson's buyout would be offset by his earnings from the next high major coaching job he would definitely get if he was let go.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

He's going to give him a new staff and a GM to help in the future for the portal. Because Woodson now believes that he doesn't need HS kids anymore, he wants to use the portal to field a team from here on out. 

Pain.

Just now, Chris007 said:

That worked so well the first time with Matta (i think that was his role). And Woody going to listen to anyone but himself....oh wait....its going to be a staff of all their buddies isnt it....

I have a question that I don't want to scour 460 pages to find the answer to...why did Woody's deal have a buyout at all? It's not like colleges were lining up for his services prior to IU? 

Standard procedure. And Buckner protecting his boy.

1 hour ago, tyappleg said:

We just have to hope Dolson/Whitten aren't the Kendall Roy of Indiana University. 

We hope they aren't ANY of the Roys, to be honest.

3 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Yeah plus remember Woodson's buyout would be offset by his earnings from the next high major coaching job he would definitely get if he was let go.

Does high school count as high major?